Windows 10: KB4016240 win 10 pro: disable lock screen policy doesn't work

Discus and support KB4016240 win 10 pro: disable lock screen policy doesn't work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Subject. It's like the patch hasn't been applied at all. Regedit entry is there, gpedit policy is enabled. It's interesting that PRO sku is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by oh microsoft, May 4, 2017.

1. KB4016240 win 10 pro: disable lock screen policy doesn't work

Subject. It's like the patch hasn't been applied at all. Regedit entry is there, gpedit policy is enabled. It's interesting that PRO sku is not mentioned in the description.

KB4016240 win 10 pro: disable lock screen policy doesn't work [​IMG]

:)

oh microsoft, May 4, 2017
  2. JK2500 Win User

Cannot Display Personal JPG Image File In Lock Screen Background When Starting Win 10 Pro Build 16299.98 (12-1-2017)

I went into the Group Policy Editor in Win 10 Pro Build 16299.98 and enabled the Force A Specific Lock Screen option to the path where my personal image file exists. This change to the Group Policy Editor did not work either. The presupplied Win 10 Lock
    Screen background image appeared once again during restart. There must be a flaw in Win 10 Pro Build 16299.98 that prevents the use of a personal Lock Screen background image under any circumstances.

JK2500, May 4, 2017
  3. Teemosan Win User
    Windows 10 Pro- setting disable lock screen does not disable the lock screen

I'm running Win 10 pro v1511 build 10586.314

There are plenty of sites giving instructions on disabling lock screen and they all provide two methods

One is to use Group Policy Editor to Enable the "Do not display the lock screen" entry under Comp Configuration > Admin Templates > Ctrl Panel > Personalization. Easy enough.

The second is the method of editing the registry and adding a NoLockScreen value 1 32 bit value DWORD key under the appropriate registry tree

One such set of instructions is here:

How to Disable the Lock Screen in Windows 10

You can also go to Win 10's advanced power settings and uncheck the "Lock Screen" entry to remove it from the Start Menu under Username.

The two removal methods work fine to remove the Lock Screen at login, but they do not disable the Lock Screen altogether. Applying either method, you can still press Win Key + L on the desktop and it will immediately jump to the Lock Screen requiring
    a password to login.

So unless my Win 10 pro version is bugged out, this method is not working. How do you completely and totally disable the lock screen?

Teemosan, May 4, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

KB4016240 win 10 pro: disable lock screen policy doesn't work

That would be because major changes were made to Anniversary and Creators update that does not allow for that to be enabled unless you are on a domain or using a Volume edition.

bro67, May 4, 2017
  5. What a bs, they haven't specified it in the patch notes. Thanks for the answer.

oh microsoft, May 4, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 4, 2017
  7. Sorry for necroposting, but there is a direct relevance. I'm on the 16299 build FCU, and it still doesn't work! It seems they changed their minds midway to FCU release in regards the ability in PRO version.

oh microsoft, Oct 17, 2017
  8. KB4016240 win 10 pro: disable lock screen policy doesn't work

I was able to use the Reg hack That Shawn Posted a while back and it worked just fine for me on The FCU. Option 2 in his TUT,

Josey Wales, Oct 17, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Still works for me in build 17017 as well.

Just to verify @oh microsoft, when the lock screen is disabled, you should see the sign-in screen instead. If you have secure sign-in enabled, the lock screen will still show even if disabled.

Brink, Oct 17, 2017
  10. Sorry, I've been confused all along. Apparently all this time I meant specifically sign-in screen, which appears after monitor screensaver or during the start up. I had the "user must enter *" checkbox in netplwiz disabled long time ago. So, yeah, can't disable the sign-in screen.

Secure sign-in is also disabled.

11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 17, 2017
  12. It verks! Instructions have worked for both cases, thanks a lot! Lock the thread if you want.

13. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. I'm glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. KB4016240 win 10 pro: disable lock screen policy doesn't work - Similar Threads - KB4016240 pro disable

2. Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro: Good morning all. Last Saturday I clean reinstalled Win 10 Pro on my laptop. It needed it after almost 5 years. So, for the first couple days, everything was fine. I decided to disable the lock screen and Windows sign in. It was great, then the next day I started getting...
  3. Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro: Good morning all. Last Saturday I clean reinstalled Win 10 Pro on my laptop. It needed it after almost 5 years. So, for the first couple days, everything was fine. I decided to disable the lock screen and Windows sign in. It was great, then the next day I started getting...
  4. Disabling Lock Screen and Sign-in Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 Pro disable lock screen does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro disable lock screen does not work: I just installed windows 11 Pro on a brand new dell pc couple days ago. but when i tried to disable to lock screen on the pc or change the power settings to never go to sleep it locks the screen after 20 mints. I have also disable the lock screen from the local policies and...
  6. Windows 11 Pro disable lock screen does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro disable lock screen does not work: I just installed windows 11 Pro on a brand new dell pc couple days ago. but when i tried to disable to lock screen on the pc or change the power settings to never go to sleep it locks the screen after 20 mints. I have also disable the lock screen from the local policies and...
  7. Win 10 Screen Lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Screen Lock: Are Microsoft programmers seriously losing it or is human resources hiring their friends? Why am I here trying to figure out how to stop the screen saver from activating..... it is set to NEVER and NEVER and the screen lock keeps activating after 30 seconds? This...
  8. Windows 10 Pro policy to block Edge extensions doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro policy to block Edge extensions doesn't work: Hi, I am using group policy editor in Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19041 Build 19041 to try to block Microsoft Edge from allowing extensions. I went to Computer Configuration --> Administrative Templates --> Windows Components --> Microsoft Edge, and there disabled Allow Extensions....
  9. Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro doesn't Activate: I have a very good 8 years old Sony Vaio Laptop (Sandy Bridge i5, 8G of memory) with Win 7 Pro SLP license that was a gift from my nephew. It is activated. I decided to upgrade it to Win 10 1909 pro. I cloned the disk, booted into Win 7 Pro and ran setup from a USB Win 10...
  10. Win 10 lock screen not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 lock screen not working: I have a Windows 10 Home desktop and the lock function no longer works. I had it setup to lock with the screensaver and that worked well . I would also control-alt-delete to engage the lock. That is no longer an option on my login. Oddly enough, there is a second user ID...