Windows 10: Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10

Discus and support Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10 How to Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10 The pinned apps (tiles)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10

How to: Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10

How to Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10

The pinned apps (tiles) on the Start screen.

This tutorial will show you how to keep the Start menu open when opening multiple apps from the Start menu in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Click/tap on the Start *Start button on the taskbar or press and release the Windows *Start key to open the Start menu.

*note It doesn't matter if you have Use Start full screen turned on or off.

2. Press and hold the Windows *Start key while you click/tap on apps you want to open in the Start menu.

3. The apps will open in the background while leaving the Start menu open and in focus.

Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 10, 2018

2. Windows 10 Start Menu won't open.

Hi Dougie,

Corrupted system files could be one of the reason why Start Menu is not opening.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps listed in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    see if it helps resolve the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10 :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Paolo Mag Win User
    Start menu and settings both wont open.

Hello Robert,

As per the description of the issue, you are unable to open both Windows Settings and Start menu. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you perform troubleshooting. Here's an

article
    that you can go to. In here, you'll see solutions to resolve Start menu issues.

To resolve Windows Settings issue, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Boot into Safe Mode.
    • Open a command prompt windows.
    • Type sfc/scannow, and then hit Enter.
    • Once it's finished, restart the computer to check if the issue still persists.

If the issue still persists after doing the steps above, kindly refer to this
    link
    for further troubleshooting.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Windows 10 Start menu won't open

Hi,

As you are unable to access Windows Start menu on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files on your device.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made nay changes to the operating system that might have resulted in this issue?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access Start menu on your device?

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu
    or Cortana
    try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Keep Start Menu Open when Opening Apps in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Keep Start Menu

2. Start menu not opening on Windows 10

in Cortana
    Start menu not opening on Windows 10: Hello everyone, I am encountering a problem with the start menu and search bar on my Windows 10 laptop. Symptoms: I cannot open the start menu, neither with the bottom left icon neither with the windows key on my keyboard. When I do any of these two actions, a new process...
  3. Start menu not opening on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu not opening on Windows 10: Hello everyone, I am encountering a problem with the start menu and search bar on my Windows 10 laptop. Symptoms: I cannot open the start menu, neither with the bottom left icon neither with the windows key on my keyboard. When I do any of these two actions, a new process...
  4. Start menu not opening on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My start menu keeps opening randomly

My start menu keeps opening randomly: While I'm using my laptop the start menu just opens randomly even when I'm not even touching my laptop and nothing I've tried to fix it is working. Is there anything that would work to fix it?...
  6. Start Menu is not opening

Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  7. Start Menu Stays Open When App is Run as Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Stays Open When App is Run as Administrator: I noticed this in version 1909 and it continued into 2004. When I right-click on an app in Start (command prompt, for example) to run it as administrator, the app comes up but the Start Menu does not close. When I run the same app by left-clicking on it, the Start Menu...
  8. How to keep apps open permanently on Start menu

How to keep apps open permanently on Start menu: Every time I press the start menu, I have to press a sub menu to list the apps. Is there any way to leave the apps showing permanently on the start menu? 133443
  9. windows 10 start menu will not open

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 start menu will not open: I receive critical message ( start menu will not open will fix it next time you sign in) but it does not ,I have lost all internet connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-will-not-open/82692eeb-28e1-4e26-8c82-177020a82e03
  10. Windows 10 Start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start menu not opening: Hi all, A rather strange problem. A client came in with a laptop today. On this the Windows Ten start menu is not opening. I had gone through the walkthrough advising an SFC scan, in addition to that I ran the command Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth To no avail...