Windows 10: keeps downloading windows update assistant

Discus and support keeps downloading windows update assistant in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; HI I HAVE DONE everything you've said here and well it worked for a while. then i allowed windows to update a couple of days ago. it downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pinklotus, Oct 13, 2017.

1. pinklotus Win User

keeps downloading windows update assistant

HI
    I HAVE DONE everything you've said here and well it worked for a while. then i allowed windows to update a couple of days ago.
    it downloaded windows update assistant and started downloading update which every time it failed and i dont know why.
    so i moved on & cancelled the update and delete windows update assistant and disable the update again
    but it doesn't matter what i do, it keeps downloading windows update assistant again and again and start downloading till 80% and then it fails
    it is using my internet like crazy for nothing, it doesn't matter how many times i uninstall it, it keeps coming back
    please help me to get rid of it
    thx alot

:)

pinklotus, Oct 13, 2017

2. Windows update assistant keeps downloading updates that won't install

Excellent. You've got more Cloud space than most!

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 13, 2017
  3. kennyb777 Win User
    Windows update assistant keeps downloading updates that won't install

Thank you. I will wait as you said

kennyb777, Oct 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

If I understand this, your Windows build is somewhat old; for whatever reason you had disabled Windows update.

Now you get repeat attempts which always fail to upgrade your build.

Is that correct?

Asking us to help you stop Windows update is, I suspect, avoiding whatever the problem is that caused you to disable Windows update in the first place. If so, it's that problem you should solve, unless you have good reason not to wish to upgrade (e.g. software of hardware compatibility issues).

My best advice to you would be to fix your windows installation so Windows update works correctly.

Apparently you have Windows Enterprise, so you can use the group policy editor.
    Which is your Windows build?
    Windows key + R, winver.

See also
    How to disable Windows Update in Windows 10 RTM - Winaero

- I expect a lot will be similar to the tutorial.
    Winaero's tweaker includes an option to disable W update.

dalchina, Oct 14, 2017
  5. pinklotus Win User
    hi my windows is pro
    and version 1511 os build 10586.1106
    i wanted to update manually but it fails every time and its worthless
    although i want to upgrade to the last build on Tuesday. i hope my problems go away with the last update*Smile
    thank you*Smile

pinklotus, Oct 15, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, Considering your upgrade failure, it will be necessary to run some basic checks to deal with some common causes of upgrade failure, especially as this is a rather old build.

Please download and run Minitool Partition Wizard, expand columns as necessary to make sure text is visible and post a screenshot of that.
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon. Thanks.

a. First check your disk:
    Download and run Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) and make sure all disks are reported as good.
    If not, do not continue, and post back .

b. Now check your file system:

From an admin command or powershell prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    or
    How to read Event Viewer log for Chkdsk in Windows 10 [Tip] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech
    or
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.

c. If ok, then from an admin command prompt, run
    SFC /SCANNOW and report the result.

If you have reached this point we will know if your disk, file system and system files are sound, and whether your partition layout looks good and unlikely to cause problems when trying to upgrade.

Then we'll take it from there. Please don't attempt to upgrade at this point- I expect there will be things to fix.

Meanwhile I also suggest you download the Creator's Upgrade iso, in preparation for a controlled manual upgrade.
    Download Windows 10 ISO File Installation Upgrade Tutorials

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. keeps downloading windows update assistant - Similar Threads - keeps downloading update

2. Quick Assist keep asking for update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist keep asking for update: Hello --- I been using quickassist on a regular basis ---- on a recent start of it, it said that there is a new version ---- so I installed the new version --- now when I start quickassit that "new version" screen keep showring up, but at the bottom of that screen is notes...
  3. Quick Assist keep asking for update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist keep asking for update: Hello --- I been using quickassist on a regular basis ---- on a recent start of it, it said that there is a new version ---- so I installed the new version --- now when I start quickassit that "new version" screen keep showring up, but at the bottom of that screen is notes...
  4. Quick Assist keep asking for update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. download quick assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download quick assist: download quick assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-quick-assist/51356338-fdc1-4b65-9f51-963f224b0fed
  6. download quick assist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    download quick assist: download quick assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-quick-assist/51356338-fdc1-4b65-9f51-963f224b0fed
  7. Windows update assistant downloading older build!

Windows update assistant downloading older build!: Hello, i have windows 10 build 1903 installed and I want to upgrade to version 2004, so I installed Windows 10 Update Assistant (latest version) and started downloading the new version but I checked the location where it's downloading the .esd file and the name of the file...
  8. Windows update assistant downloading older build!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows update assistant downloading older build!: Hello, i have windows 10 build 1903 installed and I want to upgrade to version 2004, so I installed Windows 10 Update Assistant (latest version) and started downloading the new version but I checked the location where it's downloading the .esd file and the name of the file...
  9. Windows Update Assistant Download Loop

Windows Update Assistant Download Loop: I have downloaded Windows Update Assistant to update my Windows to Latest Version.because windows update in setting was not downloading After I Downloaded and started Downloading Windows it successfully downloads and verifies after that it restarts the Download. It happens...
  10. How to download Windows 10 Update Assistant?

How to download Windows 10 Update Assistant?: This is an update on https://tinyurl.com/y86636cz 1. Lenovo confirm that the laptop went out of protection in June 2018. It was preloaded with Redstone 2 Creators Update which was released in April 2017. Redstone 3, Fall Creators Update, was released in October 2017 after...