Windows 10: Laptop Freezes after big win 10 update launch

Discus and support Laptop Freezes after big win 10 update launch in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a lenovo Laptop T470s which comes with installed win 10 pro i am facing the problem from last 4 months whenever there is a big update launch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SajidSaeed1, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Laptop Freezes after big win 10 update launch

I have a lenovo Laptop T470s which comes with installed win 10 pro i am facing the problem from last 4 months whenever there is a big update launch laptop download the updates and try to install and freez on installing process (16 % ), and then i am unable to do any thing except force power off and.

i run the system in safe mode delete the soft distribution file and try to manually installed the update after running sfcscannow command.

Even i try to permanently disable the windows updates but i dont know how its download the update .

required you help.

:)

SajidSaeed1, Dec 18, 2018

2. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Joining a Win 7 network from a Win 10 laptop

I have a Win 7 pc that served my old network.

I updated my laptops to Win 10 and now cannot network the various computers.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Big Jim

Big JimSalles, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Laptop Freezes after big win 10 update launch

Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Laptop Freezes after big win 10 update launch

1. Laptop Freezes after big win 10 update launch - Similar Threads - Laptop Freezes big

2. game freezes after launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game freezes after launch: I am currently having this issue where some games I play freeze straight after launched and i am still able to hear the game music and main menu sounds. but when i tab out and move my mouse around. it moves in game? so it seems like my game is frozen when tabbed In but when i...
  3. game freezes after launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game freezes after launch: I am currently having this issue where some games I play freeze straight after launched and i am still able to hear the game music and main menu sounds. but when i tab out and move my mouse around. it moves in game? so it seems like my game is frozen when tabbed In but when i...
  4. laptop freeze after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop freeze after Windows 10 update: I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and since then my laptop often freezes after automatic Windows update. I have the latest Windows version but the problem often persists. I would be very grateful if anyone could help. Thank you in advance....
  5. win 10 freeze after installing latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 freeze after installing latest update: how to fix win10 freezes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-freeze-after-installing-latest-update/fc03e975-d164-43eb-a5c0-f81e4ae4f8d4
  6. PC is freezing after last big update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC is freezing after last big update: Hello, I have this problem that my laptop keeps freezing when I'm on chrome or either in game (closed chrome). It wasn't like this since the last big update of win 10. I recently was on the latop of my friend and it's doing the same to her. I would like to ask how to solve...
  7. The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster: I upgraded to win10 couple of months ago. I managed to solve several problems with DVD drives, printers, Office 2007 hangs etc etc and it worked quite good afterwards. With today's update lot of problems reappeared and I have to undergo all those tuning again. WHY? Edit: the...
  8. Problem after big Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem after big Win 10 update: After the BIG 3-4GB update some days ago my printer driver was gone. I reinstalled it and thought all was good ... but after booting up next day my network (ethernet cable) wasn´t working! I ran the diagnose test and got follwing message "Windows couldn't automatically...
  9. Computer randomly freezing after installing last big update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly freezing after installing last big update: After the last big Windows update (I don't remember the name of it), every so often, my computer will suddenly and completely lock up. It is not producing BSOD or sound skips, it just completely freezes and I have to hit the restart button on my tower. There is nothing in...
  10. Had to Backout Big Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Had to Backout Big Win 10 Update: Whatever update happened yesterday gave me bad effects. The update was lengthy and added a slew of stuff - Cortana, Shopping, Weather - that I got rid of long ago. I've never had problems with updates before this. It was almost impossible to type, and some directories were...