Windows 10: Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use....

Discus and support Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use.... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue or a laptop issue. I have the sleep mode after no use set to 15 minutes, but lately it goes to sleep after one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MattyMuffins, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use....

Not sure if this is a Windows 10 issue or a laptop issue. I have the sleep mode after no use set to 15 minutes, but lately it goes to sleep after one minute or not moving the mouse or anything. Not sure what the problem and would love to see if anyone here has a solution. Thank you.

I have a Toshiba Satellite Fusion 15

:)

MattyMuffins, Sep 14, 2015

2. Laptop goes to sleep after 1 minute of no keyboard or no mouse input after last update

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the delay in response.

We would suggest you to run the power troubleshooter and check for the issue.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box
      and Hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Power troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    You may also try to update the chipset drivers and Power management from the link.

Chipset driver for X230 Lenovo

Power management driver for X230 Lenovo

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Sep 14, 2015
  3. Laptop goes to sleep after 1 minute of no keyboard or no mouse input after last update

Thanks;

I tried the trouble shooter and it basically reset all power plans to factory defaults.

I had them all set to "no" to see if the system would stay alive.

One thing i found was if I restart the system will work as the plan dictates, but once you put the system to sleep and then wake it up that when it starts to go to sleep after a minute of no use.

I tried in tablet mode and had the same result.

UPDATE:

If the laptop is docked with the lenovo USB 3 dock, and the DVI monitor cable attached, and plugged in the sleep after one minute occurs.

If the Laptop has nothing attached and is being used standalone it does not sleep after one minute.

Very odd. I have updated all system drivers for the X230 and saw no change. I don't understand why a peripheral devise plugged into the system would cause it to enter sleep mode after no use if a minute or so.

Any thoughts?

PS When I upgraded I didn't wipe the HD as I didn't want to bother with reloading Lightroom 5.

ChristopherLCampbell, Sep 14, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use....

Is it suspending or just shutting off the screen?

Hydranix, Sep 14, 2015
  5. It's just shutting off the screen. Once I move the mouse, it comes back on.

MattyMuffins, Sep 14, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 14, 2015
  7. Yeah, I have it set to 15 minutes. Both of them. Still goes to sleep after about a minute of no use. Very annoying.

MattyMuffins, Oct 1, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

A minute is the default time for screen saver. You might double check to see if you may just happen to have screen saver turned on, but using the "Blank" screen saver making it look like your displays turned off.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Oct 1, 2015
  9. Just checked it using that link. I do not have a screen saver turned on.

MattyMuffins, Oct 1, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    One more thing to check. If you have say Intel graphics, check your Intel graphics settings like below to make sure it's not turning off your display(s) overriding what you have set in Windows power plan settings.

Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use.... [​IMG]

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop goes to sleep after a minute of no use.... - Similar Threads - Laptop goes sleep

2. Laptop goes to sleep and then shuts down after 5 minutes of lid closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop goes to sleep and then shuts down after 5 minutes of lid closed: Computer Model: Asus GL553VE. OS: Windows 10 Home I have checked all settings and updatesbios,driver,windows and tried every solution available on internet. There is no mention of shutdown in the logs but the computer gets turned off. Also, I have 1 SSD and 1 HDD...
  3. Windows goes to sleep/locks itself after few minutes

Windows goes to sleep/locks itself after few minutes: Windows goes to sleep/locks itself after few minutes less than 5 DESPITE proper as far as I know settings are set. Can someone please help? I am really annoyed by having to log in every time I come back to my PC. It´s been doing this since today 17/03/2020. Before my PC just...
  4. laptop goes to sleep after two minutes of inactivity although it is set to 30 minutes

laptop goes to sleep after two minutes of inactivity although it is set to 30 minutes: I have a new HP 450 laptop running Windows 10 Pro, updated to version 1903. The "turn off display" is set to 30 minutes (20 minutes on battery). The "sleep setting" is also 30 and 20 minutes. After turning the laptop on and using it for a period of time, then letting it...
  5. Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes

Windows goes to sleep after 5 minutes: So recently my computer has started to go to sleep after about 5 minutes of inactivity. I've looked everywhere and have tried everything but nothing seems to work. Here's a list of what I've tried. Running troubleshooting on power settings. Running regedit and going to...
  6. Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes

Windows 10 Laptop Goes to Sleep in 2 Minutes: I have a Windows 10 laptop, and after about 2 minutes of inactivity, it goes to sleep. Very frustrating and annoying. I can't figure out why, or how to stop it. I tried changing the settings in the screensaver, which is no screensaver, and set to 20 minutes. In power...
  7. System goes to sleep after 5 minutes

System goes to sleep after 5 minutes: ***Modify title from: Sleep*** My HP laptop goes into sleep mode after 5 minutes, even when plugged in. In settings the screen is set to go off in 30 minutes and it is set to sleep after 5 hours when plugged in....
  8. Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???

in Windows 10 Support
    Goes to sleep after 2 minutes???: Although set to sleep after an hour while on power, it goes to sleep after 2 minutes. Before the Win 10 upgrade, whatever I set power conservation at was what the laptop followed. Never had any problems until now... Any thoughts? Thanks, Bruce 43893
  9. Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop goes to sleep after 2 minutes while plugged in: Hello, I have a Lenovo YOGA 900-13ISK, with Windows 10 currently installed. I've recently been annoyed by the following occurrence: while my laptop is plugged in and I stop using it (moving mouse, typing keys, etc), my laptop puts itself to sleep after 2 minutes and 15...
  10. Monitor goes to sleep after 10 minutes -- And during movies.

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes to sleep after 10 minutes -- And during movies.: Running a fairly fresh install of Windows 10. (not upgrade). Was having no problems. I really like Windows 10 so far. I upgraded my graphics card from gtx650 to a gtx960 this is when a minor problem began. The monitor turns off after 10 minutes, even if I have 'NEVER'...