Windows 10: Latest update of windows is causing numerous programs to fail to launch

Discus and support Latest update of windows is causing numerous programs to fail to launch in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the latest Windows 10 update, I've had several issues with my PC. Several programs including GIMP (GNU image manipulation program), and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hqt blackout, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Latest update of windows is causing numerous programs to fail to launch

After the latest Windows 10 update, I've had several issues with my PC. Several programs including GIMP (GNU image manipulation program), and the settings program will not launch at all. I get the "loading" cursor and nothing happens. Both applications were working fine prior to the update. In addition to this Google Chrome has been immediately crashing every time it encounters a website that requires adobe flash, for some reason.

I don't know what the heck is going on here, but it has to be related to the update. Nothing else has been changed or downloaded in the last several weeks.

The PC is custom built and running Windows 10 Pro. Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

hqt blackout, Jun 6, 2019
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jun 6, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Latest update of windows is causing numerous programs to fail to launch

Windows 10 fails to update

Thanks,

The Users list compared to the Profile list you posted earlier tell me there is not an issue with Users (a known issue where there is a profile in the list, but not actual User folder).

The error code suggests corruption in the CBS manifest:
    Try these steps one at time until the issue is resolved or you run out of steps.

Is Windows activated?
    No? Activate Windows 10

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)
    enter the following line
    reg query HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /s
    If DisableWindowsUpdateAccess REG_DWORD 0x1

launch regedit
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    change the value of DisableWindowsUpdateAccess to 0
    exit regedit
    exit Command Prompt

Launch Windows Update

Try the next suggestion if the issue is not resolved.

Restore health to the component store
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image
    Step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command
    - OR -
    Step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command
    Check System Files
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10
    Read the front material, then
    follow >> OPTION THREE <<
    To Run SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 10

If there are integrity issues reported on screen,
    Follow the instructions in >> OPTION FIVE <<
    To View Only the "SFC" Scan Results from the CBS.LOG

If there are no integrity errors, Launch Windows Update

Paste the following line into the address bar of File Explorer
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\TroubleshootingLaunch System and Security > Fix problems with Windows Update
    Press Advanced
    Select Run as administrator
    Press Next

Launch Windows Update

Automatically reset Windows Update components
    Download and run MS Windows Update diagnostic cab (direct download)

Launch Windows Update

Manually reset Windows Updates via batch file

Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10

Launch Windows Update

Slartybart, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Latest update of windows is causing numerous programs to fail to launch

1. Latest update of windows is causing numerous programs to fail to launch - Similar Threads - Latest update causing

2. After latest update numerous windows apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    After latest update numerous windows apps not working: After a windows update the following apps aren't working Microsoft Store Onenote for Windows 10 Photos And more that I don't really use Chrome and other apps that are not microsoft related still work....
  3. Latest Windows Updates Causing Problems!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latest Windows Updates Causing Problems!: I have tried loading the latest Windows updates (see attached) several times and have experienced problems each time. I have backed all of them out at the present time. My laptop seems to run much slower and the fingerprint scanner does not work among other things after these...
  4. Latest update fails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update fails: I restarted the pc for 5-6 times now but windows keeps directing me to the blue troubleshooting page. Is there an easy fix or do I need to completely re-install Windows 10? submitted by /u/jetnarsense [link] [comments]...
  5. Shortcuts fail to launch the program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shortcuts fail to launch the program: For a few days now every time I double click a shortcut the screen flashes off then back on and the program fails to start. If I right click the program and chose properties to look at the shortcut I get the same thing. When I do this with taskmanager open "Windows Problem...
  6. Latest update fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update fails: Does anyone know how to fix problems concerning the latest update? I have been in contact with several 'so-called' customer service reps who evidently have no idea of what they're doing. I have downloaded, re-downloaded, restarted and did everything they told me to do for a...
  7. Latest Window Update causing problems

Latest Window Update causing problems: I accepted a recommended Windows 10 update a few weeks ago and am having at least two problems. I tried clicking on a link in some email, which was doing OK before the latest update of Windows 10. When I click on the link, I get a message telling me that the "operation has...
  8. Latest update launches Edge

Latest update launches Edge: Hi a recent up-date has started launching Edge on start up. I have tried everything I can find online to stop this but none of it works. Can someone please tell me how to stop this daily annoyance? Thank you...
  9. Latest update failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest update failed: I got this message when I logged on Saturday Dec 5, 2015. Went to check for updates, expecting NONE and got this message, Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3122947) - Error 0x800706 Any ideas or suggestions for a fix?? 32676
  10. Windows Update Fails Numerous Times

Windows Update Fails Numerous Times: 17 to be exact so far today. I have cleared the software dist. folder numerous times...ran wuauclt.exe/updatenow and everytime it fails. Any ideas? Thanks chad 12037