Windows 10: Legitimate way to upgrade 10 pro to enterpise

Discus and support Legitimate way to upgrade 10 pro to enterpise in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was sure there must have been some discussion of upgrading pro to enterprise but my searches have not revealed a specific discussion. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hput3, Oct 21, 2016.

1. hput3 Win User

Legitimate way to upgrade 10 pro to enterpise

I was sure there must have been some discussion of upgrading pro to enterprise but my searches have
    not revealed a specific discussion.

Is there a legal and microsoft recognized way to upgrade a win 10 pro to enterprise.
    It appears not to be in my googling... but I would like to know for sure.

I want enterprise version only for nfs support that would be so handy with my linux and solaris hosts.
    Perhaps that can be accomplished without having the enterprise version. If so, please post some urls
    or pointers.

:)

hput3, Oct 21, 2016
  2. wl1234 Win User

How do I get the Pro Pack?

Hi,

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. I would like to further upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. My understanding is that, to do this, I need to purchase a "Windows 10 Pro Pack".

I have searched for this Pro Pack everywhere. No retailers or e-tailers have it, it's not listed on the Microsoftstore.com, and it's not available in the Windows Store.

Has this Pro Pack been released yet? If so, how do I get it? If not, then what is its release date?

I have also looked at the possibility of downgrading to Windows 7, purchasing some sort of Pro upgrade, and then upgrading from that to Windows 10 Pro. However, every legitimate channel seems to have been cut off, whether it's Anytime Upgrade, Windows 8/8.1
    Pro Upgrade, or Windows 8.1 Pro Student.

I would like to reiterate that I am a user with a legitimate copy of Windows 10 Home, and I am looking for a legitimate way to pay MS money in order to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Although there is supposed to be an easy way, called a "Pro Pack", nobody is
    selling this, not even Microsoft. So, how do I get to Pro?

wl1234, Oct 21, 2016
  3. Fully legitimate MSDN copy of Windows 10 Enterpise has deactivated itself after 2 years with no hardware changes or OS reinstalls

Windows 10 Enterprise from MSDN carries about 1500 activations, so, deactivation would be strange. Is this your own personal copy from your own MSDN subscription? If you have your key, you can try chat support to reactivate, but if its a key that was from
    someones MSDN sub or the key was shared, its not impossible for Microsoft to deactivate and block it: Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Andre Da Costa, Oct 21, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello hput3, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

The tutorial below can help show you how to quickly and officially upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise without losing anything.

Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise

Brink, Oct 21, 2016
  5. hput3 Win User
    Thanks for the prompt reply.
    That is a nice clear Tutorial... but still a bit unclear as to how one ever makes this upgrade legitimate
    and recognized my MS.

When it gets to the part about using a generic key for the upgrade:

"If needed, you could enter the Windows 10 Enterprise generic product key below to upgrade now, and
    activate
    later with your valid product key when able."

When would one ever be `able'?
    Near as I can tell there is no legitimate way for an individual to get hold of an Enterprise product key.
    Hopefully I'm wrong about that.

hput3, Oct 21, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 21, 2016
  7. Neemobeer Win User
    You can't upgrade to Enterprise. It is only available to businesses or those that can afford volume licensing.

Neemobeer, Oct 21, 2016
  8. Legitimate way to upgrade 10 pro to enterpise

Or those of us with MSDN subscriptions.

alphanumeric, Oct 22, 2016
  9. There is no Retail version of Enterprise. The only activation method available is MAK or VL. You have to purchase a license plan from Microsoft to run Enterprise.
    My MSDN keys for Enterprise are MAK keys, for evaluation. I've done the upgrade from Pro to Enterprise by doing the change key option. No install media was needed and it did one reboot after upgrading.
    I'm running the Education version at the moment though, which is very similar to Enterprise.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Legitimate way to upgrade 10 pro to enterpise - Similar Threads - Legitimate upgrade pro

2. Which win11 pro upgrade is legitimate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which win11 pro upgrade is legitimate?: I see plenty of sites selling win11 pro upgrade for cheap, like $25 e.g. stacksocial. But I think they are OEM licenses.bestbuy sell them for $100 each.How can you tell which one is legitimate? What is the cheapest, legitimate one selling for? And why don't Microsoft shut...
  3. Which win11 pro upgrade is legitimate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which win11 pro upgrade is legitimate?: I see plenty of sites selling win11 pro upgrade for cheap, like $25 e.g. stacksocial. But I think they are OEM licenses.bestbuy sell them for $100 each.How can you tell which one is legitimate? What is the cheapest, legitimate one selling for? And why don't Microsoft shut...
  4. what is a legitimate reason to upgrade from Windows 11 home edition to pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is a legitimate reason to upgrade from Windows 11 home edition to pro?: What are the advantages of the windows 11 to the pro edition for $99 bucks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-legitimate-reason-to-upgrade-from/ce7d8d90-fa8d-4357-9f1f-d9dceab3fa3b
  5. Best way to upgrade W 10 Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to upgrade W 10 Home to Pro?: Best way to upgrade W 10 Home to Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-way-to-upgrade-w-10-home-to-pro/1312ad2b-d280-4f44-a4bd-b9f5cb8a2e41
  6. Is my Windows 10 Pro Flash Legitimate?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is my Windows 10 Pro Flash Legitimate?: I am having repeated problems after converting from Windows 7 Pro 64 to Windows 10 Pro 64 supplied on a flash drive that I purchased retail. At one point I had it working well enough to go through the validate procedure and it indicted it was valid. However, after I shut...
  7. Cheapest Way To Upgrade Vista To Win 10 Home With Legitimate Key?

Cheapest Way To Upgrade Vista To Win 10 Home With Legitimate Key?: I have two old Vista 32 bit Laptops that I would like to upgrade to Win 10 home with legitimate keys without breaking the bank. One is mine and one is for a friend. By legitimate, I don't mean if they will work, but I mean Microsoft approved and properly licenced keys....
  8. Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is free Windows 10 upgrade still legitimate?: I recently did a free upgraded of my Windows 7 computer to Windows10 using the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. Even though the free upgrade offer expired about four years ago, the new install of Windows 10 was activated using a digital licence supplied by MS. I see there...
  9. Best/easiest way to upgrade a Win 10 Home to Pro

Best/easiest way to upgrade a Win 10 Home to Pro: I have an unused Win 7 Pro (or whatever it was called back then) retail license, and I also have a Win 10 Pro VM that I really don't use. What is the easiest or best way to do an in-place upgrade of this Win 10 Home laptop? I don't want to do a fresh install, since that...
  10. Can I upgrade a pirated copy of Windows 7 Pro to legitimate Windows 10 Pro

Can I upgrade a pirated copy of Windows 7 Pro to legitimate Windows 10 Pro: I have a pc that has suddenly started showing the "this copy is not genuine" message. I had bought a discount copy of Windows 7 about 12 months ago. I should have listened to my gut and not bought it because apparently they are using non genuine keys and Microsoft finally...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 8886199555