Windows 10: Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise

Discus and support Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise [img] Information Starting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise

How to: Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise

How to Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise

Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise [​IMG]
    Information Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14352, deploying Windows Enterprise edition gets easier.

Prior to Windows 10, the upgrade from the Pro to Enterprise clean install) of the OS. In Windows 10, Microsoft enabled bit-less edition upgrade from Pro to Enterprise. This means all the features are on the device already and the upgrade to Enterprise edition can be performed by changing the product key rather than having to download and deploy a new image. However, doing this required a reboot to complete. Microsoft heard a lot of feedback about having to reboot to complete the upgrade so starting with build 14352, a reboot is no longer required when upgrading from the Pro to Enterprise edition.

See also: Windows 10 edition upgrade (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs

This tutorial will show you how to quickly and directly upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise without losing anything, having to clean install, or restart the computer.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise.

Note

Here's How:

1. While in Windows 10 Pro, open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & security icon.

2. Click/tap on Activation on the left side, and click/tap on the Change product key link on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Enter your Windows 10 Enterprise product key, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

Note If needed, you could enter the Windows 10 Enterprise activate later with your valid product key when able.

*Arrow NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43

4. Click/tap on Activate. (see screenshot below)

5. When Windows is activated, click/tap on Close. (see screenshot below)

6. You have now upgraded from Windows 10 Pro to the Windows 10 Enterprise edition. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 7, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 26, 2019
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Oct 26, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Uplink10 Win User
    Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users but not Enterprise users

Uplink10, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Frick Win User
    Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Upgrade Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Enterprise - Similar Threads - Upgrade Pro Enterprise

2. Can't upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I have just found this a problem with my operating system. I have reset my pc because it had a virus so I resetted my pc but once it resetted I got Windows 10 Enterprise instead of Windows 10 Pro....
  3. Can't upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I have just found this a problem with my operating system. I have reset my pc because it had a virus so I resetted my pc but once it resetted I got Windows 10 Enterprise instead of Windows 10 Pro....
  4. Can't upgrade Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 pro upgrade shows enterprise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 pro upgrade shows enterprise: Hi I just upgraded a licence from windows10 Home to pro by going through settings-activation settings-upgrade and it took me to Microsoft store after I bought and installed it setting show as windows10 enterprise and it show not activated how can I get the pro version I...
  6. Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise instead of to Pro: I ran into an odd thing today. Have been upgrading Windows 10 Home computers to Windows 10 Pro. I made use of the upgrade option provided in the Microsoft Store paying the C$ 130. Two of the computers showed Windows 10 Enterprise after the upgrade was done. The problem is...
  7. Upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise from Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise from Pro: Hello, I am unsure about the process of upgrading from Pro edition to Enterprise. I'm working for an IT company and we have a Enterprise edition key which I manually entered on my workstation to try out. Previously it was Pro edition and after entering the Enterprise key...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Installed Unactivated Windows 10 Enterprise

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Installed Unactivated Windows 10 Enterprise: I did, what was supposed to, upgrade from 10 Home to 10 Pro in the Settings/Store apps. However, it installed an unactivated 10 Enterprise instead!...
  9. Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?: Is it possible to upgrade from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro? 48354
  10. in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    in-place upgrade to windows 10 PRO or enterprise: Hi There, I got a request from business user to do in-place upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 PRO or enterprise without him loosing his data . I Have tried the straight forward method through windows logo pop-up which doesn't normally ask for windows licences and that...