Windows 10: Linking local account to Microsoft account on Win Pro

Discus and support Linking local account to Microsoft account on Win Pro in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, just installed new PC and have following issue: - I do not see option on account tab to link my local account to Microsoft account ("sing in with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bolebg, Dec 1, 2019.

1. bolebg Win User

Linking local account to Microsoft account on Win Pro

Hi, just installed new PC and have following issue:

- I do not see option on account tab to link my local account to Microsoft account ("sing in with Microsoft Account instead")

- As note - I can add Microsoft accounts of family members including me.

- I also do not see option on Account tab to remove my family members with their Microsoft accounts, from local PC - can just block them (but their local account stays disabled).

It is WIn Pro 10 18363 build.

Any hints,

bolebg

:)

bolebg, Dec 1, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Linking local account to Microsoft account on Win Pro :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Linking local account to Microsoft account on Win Pro - Similar Threads - Linking local account

2. Link a local account on a new PC to an an existing Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link a local account on a new PC to an an existing Microsoft account: Hi,On my current/old Win 10 PC I use a Microsoft account with a user ID that has more than five characters.I now have a new PC and want to add my existing MS account into this PC.On my new PC, when I created the same user ID of more than five characters, it truncated it to...
  3. Link a local account on a new PC to an an existing Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Link a local account on a new PC to an an existing Microsoft account: Hi,On my current/old Win 10 PC I use a Microsoft account with a user ID that has more than five characters.I now have a new PC and want to add my existing MS account into this PC.On my new PC, when I created the same user ID of more than five characters, it truncated it to...
  4. Win Pro local machine accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win Pro local machine accounts: Currently on Win Pro OS's you can, after logging in with a Microsoft account, create a local machine account. What I want to know is if this feature is eventually going to be removed near or far future ? I only care about Pro Operating Systems...
  5. Win Pro local machine accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win Pro local machine accounts: Currently on Win Pro OS's you can, after logging in with a Microsoft account, create a local machine account. What I want to know is if this feature is eventually going to be removed near or far future ? I only care about Pro Operating Systems...
  6. How to link a Microsoft Account to a Local Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to link a Microsoft Account to a Local Account: I have a very weird scenario and the only thing I can think of is that Microsoft released an update which screwed this all up. Here's my scenario: I have two laptops that I causally use for specific tasks. One of them I just picked up, while the other I've had for a few...
  7. upgrade win 10 home local account to win 10 pro, with local account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrade win 10 home local account to win 10 pro, with local account.: I would like to know what options are available for upgrading my Win 10 Home, with local account, to Win 10 Pro, also with local account,. I'm looking for instructions that are suitable for the device remaining as a local account. Changing the device from a local account...
  8. Cannot link local account to Microsoft account as account 'here already'

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot link local account to Microsoft account as account 'here already': Hello, I linked my Microsoft account to an admin account on Windows, and then removed it. I shifted over to a new user profile and have tried to link to Microsoft, but I always get the message that the email is 'here already' even though I have deleted the old user account...
  9. Cannot link Microsoft Account to Local Account

Cannot link Microsoft Account to Local Account: I just updated to Windows 10 and the account I migrated from Windows 7 won't let me link my Microsoft account. Windows Store crashes when I click Sign In, and any other button that would bring up a dialog box is just unresponsive (Cortana, User Settings, ect.) I've created...
  10. Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account

Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account: Hi all, When I click on the link to associate my Microsoft Account to my Local Account (after upgrading from Windows 7), it simply does nothing. Click, click, click. Similarly, when I try to log in the Windows store app, I get an application error with cryptic codes...