Windows 10: Lost My Login Pin

Discus and support Lost My Login Pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How do i reset my login pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-login-pin/b4b7b1d6-5fee-4c1a-ac16-f66435b61b08 Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Bub-Burton, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Lost My Login Pin

How do i reset my login pin?

:)

Bub-Burton, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

lost option to login with PIN

Workaround that really works when the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after the upgrade to the build 10130:
    1.)
    Go to Settings > Account, check first that you account does not need to be verified (tutorial, Option One Steps 1 to 3). Verify the account if needed, if verifying the account does not work (does not accept your password), jump to step 4 below.

2.) Select Sign-in options, select I forgot my PIN:

Lost My Login Pin [​IMG]

3.) Click Continue:

Lost My Login Pin [​IMG]

4.) If you are asked your MS Account password and the system does not accept it but keeps asking it again and again, click Cancel then switch your MS Account to a local account (tutorial) and immediately thereafter reconnect to your MS Account (video). Resetting the PIN will now work.

5.) Create a new PIN:

Lost My Login Pin [​IMG]

(Notice that you can of course use the same PIN you had earlier which after the upgrade did not work.)

6.) Sign out or restart. The PIN works now, this screenshot from a Build 10122 upgraded through Windows Update to Build 10130 and the above workaround applied:

Lost My Login Pin [​IMG]

In clean installs PIN works without this workaround "out-of-the-box". In upgrade installs PIN works "out-of-the-box" on all accounts, local or MS, which are created after the upgrade, or which were created before the upgrade but did not have the PIN.

3. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 14, 2019
  4. ppelao3k Win User

Lost My Login Pin

lost option to login with PIN

Hi, with the latest update of version lost the option to login with PIN ... how I can activate again? not appear as before.

ppelao3k, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Lost My Login Pin

1. Lost My Login Pin - Similar Threads - Lost Login Pin

2. Lost my pin for my Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost my pin for my Microsoft Account.: Is it possible to change my pin if I have lost it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-pin-for-my-microsoft-account/d1f9e7c3-748d-4404-8806-7fe3d2aa8b9a
  3. I lost my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my pin: I've seen a fix for this problem I restarted my pc and now the pin is gone and I have no Internet access and the only way to fix it is through command but to get there it requires account password but it won't accept it I mean I used it and managed to sign in in my Microsoft...
  4. I lost my pin

I lost my pin: I've seen a fix for this problem I restarted my pc and now the pin is gone and I have no Internet access and the only way to fix it is through command but to get there it requires account password but it won't accept it I mean I used it and managed to sign in in my Microsoft...
  5. I lost my pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Lost biometrics and pin login data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost biometrics and pin login data: How is it at all acceptable that not once, not twice, but three times in six months my laptop has forced me to reset my pin and biometrics at a whim because they just "stopped working"?! How can my private computer be locked at a moments notice and become unrecoverable...
  7. Lost biometrics and pin login data

Lost biometrics and pin login data: How is it at all acceptable that not once, not twice, but three times in six months my laptop has forced me to reset my pin and biometrics at a whim because they just "stopped working"?! How can my private computer be locked at a moments notice and become unrecoverable...
  8. Lost Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost Pin: Hello, I've lost the pin on my laptop, there is no outlook account or key created for recovery can I just reset it. It has no data of value. It's a Pavilion DV5 with Windows10. Actually I changed the pin after resetting Windows to sell the laptop and it's not what I thought...
  9. change my login pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    change my login pin.: My login PIN has possibly been compromised. For security\ty sake id like to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-login-pin/4fe8d44a-42ff-455c-9419-584b8a31cb28
  10. lost option to login with PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    lost option to login with PIN: Hi, with the latest update of version lost the option to login with PIN ... how I can activate again? not appear as before. 6731