Windows 10: Lost My Login Pin

Discus and support Lost My Login Pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How do i reset my login pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-login-pin/b4b7b1d6-5fee-4c1a-ac16-f66435b61b08 Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Bub-Burton, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Lost My Login Pin

How do i reset my login pin?

:)

Bub-Burton, Nov 14, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

lost option to login with PIN

Workaround that really works when the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after the upgrade to the build 10130:
    1.)
    Go to Settings > Account, check first that you account does not need to be verified (tutorial, Option One Steps 1 to 3). Verify the account if needed, if verifying the account does not work (does not accept your password), jump to step 4 below.

2.) Select Sign-in options, select I forgot my PIN:

Lost My Login Pin [​IMG]

3.) Click Continue:

Lost My Login Pin [​IMG]

4.) If you are asked your MS Account password and the system does not accept it but keeps asking it again and again, click Cancel then switch your MS Account to a local account (tutorial) and immediately thereafter reconnect to your MS Account (video). Resetting the PIN will now work.

5.) Create a new PIN:

Lost My Login Pin [​IMG]

(Notice that you can of course use the same PIN you had earlier which after the upgrade did not work.)

6.) Sign out or restart. The PIN works now, this screenshot from a Build 10122 upgraded through Windows Update to Build 10130 and the above workaround applied:

Lost My Login Pin [​IMG]

In clean installs PIN works without this workaround "out-of-the-box". In upgrade installs PIN works "out-of-the-box" on all accounts, local or MS, which are created after the upgrade, or which were created before the upgrade but did not have the PIN.

3. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 14, 2019
  4. ppelao3k Win User

Lost My Login Pin

lost option to login with PIN

Hi, with the latest update of version lost the option to login with PIN ... how I can activate again? not appear as before.

ppelao3k, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Lost My Login Pin

1. Lost My Login Pin - Similar Threads - Lost Login Pin

2. windows login pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows login pin: hi, I just installed windows 10 pro but did some tweaking in services.msc and everything checked out ok but I disable my login pin by accident other than that everything was good. does anyone remember where to enable in services.msc login pin? thanks for reading:)...
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit login password / PIN lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade 1903 64 bit login password / PIN lost: I finished installing version 1903 on Windows 10 64bit machines. All original Windows 10 (not upgrades). OK: I run my machines without requiring a password. After the upgrade, passwords were required on both power up and wake from sleep. Took some time, to reconfigure...
  4. login and password lost

login and password lost: Windows is registered in my name I got one of my laptops back from my grandson and found that now he changed the user name and password. and forgot the password he used How can I get into it...
  5. I cannot login with my PIN anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot login with my PIN anymore: I cannot log in with my pin anymore for some reason.. When I try to create new one it recognizes my previous pin, but it doesn't create a new PIN for some reason. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I went through the administrative template and enable pin login and it still doesn't work. I...
  6. Lost my windows 10 login password

Lost my windows 10 login password: I can't remember my login password for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-windows-10-login-password/e4bc0f11-bf28-46c8-b1a8-daa935e2a581
  7. Pin or Password login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin or Password login: which is better password or pin and are they safe. Pin seems to be easier to guess or crack is it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-or-password-login/51f87a20-82ba-44f7-a3bc-2b45422e3efa"
  8. Lost login password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost login password: I have a fusion laptop that my grandson has forgotten password. I did a shift and reatart to get into reseting pc. I selct troubleshoot, then reset this pc, remove everyting, then just remove my files. I get a message additional space is needed on the drive where Windows is...
  9. lost option to login with PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    lost option to login with PIN: Hi, with the latest update of version lost the option to login with PIN ... how I can activate again? not appear as before. 6731
  10. Login with PIN code?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login with PIN code?: Hey, I have the PIN set up already but that's only for when I lock the PC, is there a way where I have to enter my PIN to access the computer from boot up. 16445