Windows 10: Lost search icon

Discus and support Lost search icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a new laptop with windows 10 home. Cortana suddenly appeared last night. It might be useful, but only seems to want to search the internet. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dimple joe, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Lost search icon

I have a new laptop with windows 10 home.
    Cortana suddenly appeared last night. It might be useful, but only seems to want to search the internet.
    I have managed to hide/disable it but have lost the search icon which searched my PC only; how do I get it back please?

:)

dimple joe, Feb 28, 2017
  2. kurt79FF Win User

New computer with windows 10 pre installed

All of a sudden I have lost the icons on the bottom of the screen and the ones like search windows fail to operate. What could have happened, I also lost the power icon and have to sign out to shut down.

kurt79FF, Feb 28, 2017
  3. Start menu icon and Search not working.

Original title : window10.

i can't press start and the icon was lost too.

it has only start ,search, file ,googlechome icon.

and when i want to search ,it's not run to the program that i want to use

NawindaJean, Feb 28, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Lost search icon

Brink, Feb 28, 2017
  5. I right clicked on the taskbar, up to cortana and used the hidden feature

dimple joe, Feb 28, 2017
  6. the search icon had disappeared before I hid cortana, I thought by hiding it the search icon might return

dimple joe, Feb 28, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ok. Good, you just hid it.

You could use the first tutorial I posted above to disable Cortana.

Afterwards, use the second tutorial to show the "Search" icon on your taskbar again.

Brink, Feb 28, 2017
  8. Lost search icon

Thanks I'll try that, would it be ok just to go to the second tutorial and have both cortana and the search icon?

dimple joe, Feb 28, 2017
  9. Brink,

Got the search item on my taskbar after tutorial one.
    My brain hurts now so I'll leave it at that.
    Many thanks for your help, I know where to look in the future
    Regards

dimple joe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lost search icon

1. Lost search icon - Similar Threads - Lost search icon

2. Search function lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search function lost: After the update last week I lost the search function in the start up box and in searching files on my PC. I uninstalled and the function returns. I am wondering if there is another fix for the problem....
  3. Search function lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Search function lost: On Wednesday an auto update processed. Thursday I could not search my files on the PC or use the start up box to search. I uninstalled the updates and the function returns. There must be a bug in there causing this to happen. Anyone else having this issue?...
  4. Search box lost

in Cortana
    Search box lost: Add a search box to the task bar when right clicking the taskbar does not offer search box. Accidentally click on something and now its lost. Please help me and I cant work on this....
  5. Search box lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search box lost: Add a search box to the task bar when right clicking the taskbar does not offer search box. Accidentally click on something and now its lost. Please help me and I cant work on this....
  6. Search box lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Lost search icon on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost search icon on Windows 11: I just started using Windows 11 and the search box I use a lot, but it lost its icon. Although I have reinstalled my OS and updated all possible updates on the system. However it doesn't solve the problem...
  8. Lost search icon on Windows 11

Lost search icon on Windows 11: I just started using Windows 11 and the search box I use a lot, but it lost its icon. Although I have reinstalled my OS and updated all possible updates on the system. However it doesn't solve the problem...
  9. Windows Explorer lost it's icon in Windows Search and won't work.

in Cortana
    Windows Explorer lost it's icon in Windows Search and won't work.: Hi. I'm a Windows 10 user version 20H2, with AMD Radeon / Ryzen graphics and the manufacturer is Lenovo. Since 1 or 1 and a half months ago, my Windows Explorer lost it's icon and wont work when i searched it in Windows Search. Can you please help this issue? It is Windows...
  10. lost icons

lost icons: i recently minimized images on my system and lost my icons. how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-icons/77dc25cb-6fbe-4be1-9046-2e6322234216