Windows 10: LUMIA 950XL DUAL SHOWING BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY / CANT RESET PHONE

Discus and support LUMIA 950XL DUAL SHOWING BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY / CANT RESET PHONE in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Please is there a general Bitlocker recovery key to unlock Lumia 950xl dual. Please anyone to assist with this info please. I got this message on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RockRogue215215, Dec 21, 2018.

1. LUMIA 950XL DUAL SHOWING BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY / CANT RESET PHONE

Please is there a general Bitlocker recovery key to unlock Lumia 950xl dual. Please anyone to assist with this info please. I got this message on my screen while trying to reset my phone. I cant reset phone or use it again.

:)

RockRogue215215, Dec 21, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft's push is on to clear Lumia 950, 950XL phone inventory

Read more: Microsoft's push is on to clear Lumia 950, 950XL phone inventory | ZDNet

Brink, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Can anyone give me the reset recovery key for windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

A quick question before we proceed:

Are you referring to the Recovery key for BitLocker or the key that needed for resetting Windows Phone?

If you are referring to the Reset Key that is needed for Windows Recovery, then I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices.
    • Next to the phone you no longer own, click I don't own this phone anymore.
    • Select “I’m ready to remove my phone “check box, note the
      recovery key, and then click Remove. The recovery key will display on the page and will also be emailed to you.
    • When you're certain that you have your recovery key saved, select “I’ve kept a copy of the recovery key “ check box, and then click Okay.
    • Forward the recovery key email to your phone recipient.
    Your phone is no longer listed on account.microsoft.com/devices, and you can remove Reset Protection during phone setup using recovery key option.

If you are referring to reset key for BitLocker, then I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 21, 2018
  4. ARC1020 Win User

LUMIA 950XL DUAL SHOWING BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY / CANT RESET PHONE

Windows 10 Mobile Bitlocker Recovery Key Blue Screen

A couple of weeks ago I posed a question HERE regarding how to tell whether Windows 10 Mobile device storage was actually encrypted and if so where were the recovery keys stored. The good news, is that the device storage is indeed encrypted when turning 'Device Encryption' on. The bad news is that I still don't know where the recovery keys are stored and it can permanently lock you out of your device.

Earlier I reset a Lumia 630 running Windows 10 Mobile 10586.36 (Settings > System > About > Reset Phone) and when it restarted I was faced with a blue Bitlocker Recovery Key screen. The problem being, that it's a Desktop Bitlocker Recovery screen and as this is a mobile device it's completely useless as you can't do anything with it, it just locks you out of the device. Hard-resetting the phone (Volume Down and Power buttons) doesn't work either, it just reboots the device to the Bitlocker screen again.

LUMIA 950XL DUAL SHOWING BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY / CANT RESET PHONE [​IMG]

All is not lost though, as it's possible to Flash the phone back to the original OS by running the 'Windows Device Recovery Tool'. When connecting the phone to the PC and running the Device Recovery Tool, the tool doesn't recognise the device though with it in it's Bitlocker Recovery state and just shows the Firmware and OS as 'Unknown'. So you then need to click on the 'My Device Was Not Detected' button and follow the on-screen prompts. After a few restarts, it will then flash the phone back to the original Windows 8 OS. Bit of a pain, but at least not totally bricked.

LUMIA 950XL DUAL SHOWING BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY / CANT RESET PHONE [​IMG]

I'm not sure why resetting the phone triggered the Bitlocker Recovery Screen, as I've also reset a Lumia 640 and that didn't trigger the Recovery Mode. The only differences is that I'd unlocked the 630 from it's mobile carrier and also it didn't have a SIM card or internet connection when I reset it. Other that than they were identical, so rather strange.

ARC1020, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

LUMIA 950XL DUAL SHOWING BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY / CANT RESET PHONE

1. LUMIA 950XL DUAL SHOWING BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY / CANT RESET PHONE - Similar Threads - LUMIA 950XL DUAL

2. Can’t reset Lumia phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t reset Lumia phone: When attempting to reset my Lumia 950, l get"Oops! Looks like we ran into a problem trying to turn off Reset Protection. Make sure you have a network connection and try again later."So, I did a hard reset using the button sequence found...
  3. Can’t reset Lumia phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t reset Lumia phone: When attempting to reset my Lumia 950, l get"Oops! Looks like we ran into a problem trying to turn off Reset Protection. Make sure you have a network connection and try again later."So, I did a hard reset using the button sequence found...
  4. How install windows 10 mobile 15254.603 or higher to lumia 950xl dual sim?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How install windows 10 mobile 15254.603 or higher to lumia 950xl dual sim?: How install windows 10 mobile 15254.603 or higher to lumia 950xl dual sim? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-install-windows-10-mobile-15254603-or-higher/75f60cda-2ca5-4d42-b3ff-614788ab3d6d
  5. How install windows 10 mobile 15254.603 or higher to lumia 950xl dual sim?

How install windows 10 mobile 15254.603 or higher to lumia 950xl dual sim?: How install windows 10 mobile 15254.603 or higher to lumia 950xl dual sim? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-install-windows-10-mobile-15254603-or-higher/75f60cda-2ca5-4d42-b3ff-614788ab3d6d
  6. BitLocker recovery keys after Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker recovery keys after Dual Boot: Recently I dual booted my windows 11 with Ubuntu and now while starting windows it asks me for recovery key. The problem is I don't have them uploded on Microsoft account. I tried all methods from internet and don't know the other ways to get my recovery key.Kindly help to...
  7. BitLocker recovery keys after Dual Boot

BitLocker recovery keys after Dual Boot: Recently I dual booted my windows 11 with Ubuntu and now while starting windows it asks me for recovery key. The problem is I don't have them uploded on Microsoft account. I tried all methods from internet and don't know the other ways to get my recovery key.Kindly help to...
  8. Cant found bitlock recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant found bitlock recovery key: Hi Every oneToday, my XPS 13 laptop did a system update Windows 10. After the update, the system shows a blue screen and asks for the BitLocker recovery key. This is my personal computer and it is connected with my MS account. I can find it on the devised page on my MS...
  9. bitlocker recovery key is showing incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker recovery key is showing incorrect: Dear sir, recently I used bitlocker code to unlock that folder but now its not working and also recovery key showing incorrect. and I got hint showing key ID EBA58332 and I am also using correct ID. I dont know why this showing incorrect please help me. Identifier:...
  10. Microsoft's push is on to clear Lumia 950, 950XL phone inventory

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's push is on to clear Lumia 950, 950XL phone inventory: Microsoft is offering U.S. and Canadian users a limited-time sale on its Lumia 950/950 XL phones that may help the company get rid of excess inventory. From April 25 through May 1 -- or "while supplies last" -- users can purchase an unlocked Lumia 950 XL from the Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recovery key for lumina 950

2. windows phone 950 recovery key

3. Recovery key to turn off lumia 950 xl

4. Why wont My HP ENVY Laptop Load and Install 2019-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Ver 1903 for v64 based System (KB4524570),
  5. lumia 950 bitlocker recovery,
  6. recuperacao bitlocker lumia 950 xl,
  7. 950xl bitlocker recovery,
  8. lumia 950 bitlocker key,
  9. lumia 950 bitlocker,
  10. windows recovery key 950xl,
  11. unlock bitlocker on lumia 950xl,
  12. bitloker lumia 950 xl,
  13. lumia 950 bitlocker key location,
  14. 950xl nokia reset with bit locker enabled steps,
  15. nokia 950xl bitlocker key