Windows 10: Windows Device Recovery Tool - Recover Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Discus and support Windows Device Recovery Tool - Recover Windows 10 Mobile Phone in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Windows Device Recovery Tool - Recover Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Use Windows Device Recovery Tool to Rollback from Windows 10 Mobile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows Device Recovery Tool - Recover Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to: Windows Device Recovery Tool - Recover Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Use Windows Device Recovery Tool to Rollback from Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Device Recovery Tool - Recover Windows 10 Mobile Phone [​IMG]
    Information You can download the resetting your phone fixes the problem.

This tutorial will show you how to use the Windows Device Recovery Tool to rollback the latest version of Windows approved for your Windows 10 Mobile phone.

Here's How:

1. Download and install the Windows Device Recovery Tool from Microsoft to your Windows 7 or newer PC.
    *Arrow For more details, see: Windows Device Recovery Tool: FAQ - Windows Help
    2. Run the Windows Device Recovery Tool.

3. Connect your Windows 10 Mobile phone to the PC using a USB cable.

4. If your Windows 10 Mobile phone is detected, click/tap on it to select it, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshot below)

5. If your Windows 10 Mobile phone is not detected, click/tap on My device was not detected, select your correct device manufacturer, and go to step 6 below. (see screenshots below)

6. You will now see what software is currently installed on your phone, and what software is available to roll back to. Click/tap on Reinstall software. (see screenshot below)

7. If prompted to check battery, make sure that your battery level is at least 25%, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

8. If you like, fill out the survey and click/tap on Submit and continue recovery, or skip the survey and click/tap on Continue without submitting. (see screenshot below)

9. Click/tap on Continue when ready to start. (see screenshot below)

Warning If you have not already, it is strongly recommended that you create a backup on your phone now before continuing.

This way you will have a backup of all your contacts, apps, etc... that you can restore when setting up your phone after the installation has finished.

8. The software package (ex: 1.62 GB) will now start downloading. This could take a while depending on your network download speed. (see screenshot below)

9. When the software package has finished downloading, the software package installation to your phone will start. (see screenshot below)

Warning Do not use your phone. Do not disconnect the USB cable. Do not switch off the phone. Otherwise your phone may stop working (ex: bricked phone).

During the installation, your phone restarts and the screen goes blank. You can ignore all Windows notifications about USB cable connection.

10. When the software has successfully completed the installation, you can click/tap on Finish, and close the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. (see screenshot below)

11. You can now go through Windows setup on your phone.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 26, 2015

2. how to flash lumia 525

That is not exactly correct. I used the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to recover my Lumia 1520 when the Insider Preview for Windows 10 for Mobile failed to install correctly on my phone.

Christopher Miller, Oct 26, 2015
  3. Souvik_IN Win User
    Souvik_IN, Oct 26, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

New 3.1.5 version of Windows Device Recovery Tool released December 7th 2015.

Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 10586.29 | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Dec 6, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Today, the Windows Device Recovery Tool received an update to support four new Windows 10 Mobile devices; Alcatel OneTouch Fierce XL, Blu Win HD, Blu Win HD LTE, and the MCJ Madosma Q501.

Brink, Feb 14, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
  7. Can you tell me please, is this like doing a repair install, or is it a reset?

lafargeotte, May 9, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Paul, *Smile

It'll be like doing a reset. If you sign in to your phone with the same Microsoft account, most settings will sync back though.

Brink, May 9, 2016
  9. Hi Brink,

Thanks for that, it was my impression.
    I was informed by a 'Tech Support Person' from MS that it would be like doing a repair install!

Thanks again,
    Paul.

lafargeotte, May 9, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Paul.

Brink, May 9, 2016
  11. Windows Device Recovery Tool 3.5.37.0

Updates:

Cluster Head, May 22, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    New 3.8.19701 version of Windows Device Recovery Tool released. *Smile

Brink, Jul 20, 2016
  13. derekimo Win User

derekimo, Aug 22, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's what I'm getting as well. Thanks for the update Derek. *Smile

Brink, Aug 22, 2016
  15. derekimo Win User
    You're welcome Shawn. *Smile

derekimo, Aug 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows Device Recovery Tool - Recover Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Similar Threads - Device Recovery Tool

2. windows device recovery tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows device recovery tool: windows device recovery tool link does not work https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=522381i need to recover my honeywell dolphin 75e L0N on windows mobile 10i need it now. i cannot vaitwhen i try to download i receive an error:...
  3. windows device recovery tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows device recovery tool: windows device recovery tool link does not work https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=522381i need to recover my honeywell dolphin 75e L0N on windows mobile 10i need it now. i cannot vaitwhen i try to download i receive an error:...
  4. windows device recovery tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows device recovery tool: windows device recovery tool link does not work https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=522381i need to recover my honeywell dolphin 75e L0N on windows mobile 10i need it now. i cannot vait...
  5. windows device recovery tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows device recovery tool: download link does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-device-recovery-tool/7746a0b4-1ca0-4769-bd3e-9435512af36e
  6. windows device recovery tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows device recovery tool: download link does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-device-recovery-tool/7746a0b4-1ca0-4769-bd3e-9435512af36e
  7. Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Unpair a Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetooth–enabled devices...
  8. Device Portal - Connect to for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Device Portal - Connect to for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Device Portal - Connect to for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Connect to Device Portal for Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The Windows Device Portal lets you configure and manage your device remotely over a network or USB connection. It also provides...
  9. Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Device Portal for Mobile on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The Windows Device Portal lets you configure and manage your device remotely over a network or USB...
  10. Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Change the Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phones [img] Information Devices on a network need unique names so they can identify and communicate with each other. If two devices have the same name on the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows device recovery tool for nokia lumia 1520 phone 8.1