Windows 10: Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Discus and support Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Reset your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Resetting your Windows 10 Mobile phone will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by werty, Mar 27, 2016.

1. werty Win User

Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to: Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Reset your Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone [​IMG]
    Information Resetting your Windows 10 Mobile phone will return it to the same state it was in the first time you turned it on. All your personal content stored on the phone will be erased, and the phone will be restored to default settings.

This tutorial will show you how to reset and set up your Windows 10 Mobile phone to default.

Note If you decide to reset your phone, you can create a backup to your Microsoft account in OneDrive beforehand to restore afterwards during setup at step 16.

It is recommended to have a fully charged battery before resetting your phone.

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (soft reset) or step 3 (hard reset) for how you would like to reset your Windows 10 Mobile phone.

2. To Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone in Settings
    A) Open All apps, and tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

B) Tap on System. (see screenshot below)

C) Tap on About. (see screenshot below)

D) Tap on the Reset your phone button at the bottom. (see screenshot below)

E) Check or uncheck to Also erase SD card, and tap on Yes. (see screenshot below)

F) Tap on Yes to confirm, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

3. To Hard Reset Windows 10 Mobile PhoneA) Press and hold the Volume down
    and Power
    buttons at the same time until the phone briefly vibrates (about 10–15 seconds). (see screenshot below)

B) When you feel the vibration, immediately press and hold the Volume down
    button until you see a large exclamation mark on the screen. (see screenshot below)

C) Once the exclamation mark appears, press and release the following four buttons once in the exact order below, and go to step 4 below when finished. (see screenshot below)
    • Volume up
    • Volume down
    • Power
    • Volume down

4. The phone will now restart and start resetting. (see screenshot below)

Note It will take a while for the phone to finish resetting before you can start to setup your phone.

5. When your phone has finished, select your language (ex: English (United States)), and tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

6. Select your home country or region (ex: United States), and tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

7. Tap on Accept for your Windows Mobile 10 terms of use. (see screenshot below)

8. Tap on Add to connect to Wi-Fi. (see screenshot below)

9. Enter the Wi-Fi network name, and tap on Add. (see screenshot below)

10. Enter the Wi-Fi network password, and tap on Done. (see screenshot below)

11. Tap on Customize. (see screenshot below)

12. Check (on) or uncheck (off) the settings you want to turn on or off, and tap on Next when finished. (see screenshot below)

13. Tap on Sign in for your Microsoft account. (see screenshot below)

14. Enter the email address and password for your Microsoft account, and tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

15. Tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

16. Select an option based on if you want to restore a backup of your phone or not, and tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

17. Tap on Not now (off) or Next (on) for OneDrive. (see screenshot below)

18. Tap on Not now (off) or Use Cortana (on) for Cortana. (see screenshot below)

19. Tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

20. If you have a SD card connected to your phone, then tap on yes or no for what you would like to do. (see screenshot below)

21. When finished, you can tap on the Start button to go to your Start screen. Other than any other settings you wish to manually change, you are done. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

werty, Mar 27, 2016

2. mobile sgh-i200 networking problem

it always lose networking and have to restart again. it work for somewhile and happen samething again. i also change sim card but does not work. i had formatted and made resetting also .

mobile phone, Mar 27, 2016
  3. My wallet app is blocked

Hi,

To be able to reset the pin of your Wallet app, you might need to perform a hard reset on your phone.

If you're using a Windows phone 8/8.1, check this link on how to reset your phone:

Reset Windows phone 8/8.1

For Windows 10 mobile, check this link:
    Reset Windows 10 mobile.

Keep us posted.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Mar 27, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Werty, *Smile

When you reset your Windows 10 Mobile phone, you should have the same build.

Brink, Mar 27, 2016
  5. werty Win User
    Thanks Brink - really appreciate your help *Wink

werty, Mar 27, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Similar Threads - Reset Mobile Phone

2. mobile phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mobile phone: why i cant remove the phone in my phone app in win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-phone/d7016bbe-70cf-4a38-b11c-8ae6269cfac2
  3. Password reset via mobile phone not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password reset via mobile phone not working: I am locked out of my Microsoft account as I forgot my password. The account has 2FA enabled. I have tried to get a code sent to my registered mobile. Its not coming. I have been told by Microsoft that this feature is not working at the moment. I find this unacceptable as I...
  4. Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Use Find My Device for Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay...
  5. Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a mobile hotspot with your Windows 10 Mobile phone to share your cellular data connection with other...
  6. App - Reset on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    App - Reset on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: App - Reset on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Reset an App on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Mobile build 15007, you can now reset a UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10 Mobile back to its original state if the...
  7. Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Block or Unblock Phone Numbers on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can block unwanted calls on your Windows 10 Mobile phone by adding phone numbers to your block list. If a blocked...
  8. PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Reset the PIN on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps, and...
  9. PIN - Remove in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PIN - Remove in Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: PIN - Remove in Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Remove PIN from your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps, and...
  10. Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Open Settings in Windows 10 Mobile Phones [img] Information Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 Mobile phones are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 Mobile (10.0.14393.2551)