Windows 10: Make a Web Note in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Discus and support Make a Web Note in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Make a Web Note in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Make a Web Note on webpages in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, May 24, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Make a Web Note in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to: Make a Web Note in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to Make a Web Note on webpages in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Make a Web Note in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

Microsoft Edge lets you take notes, write, doodle, and highlight directly on webpages as a Web Note. Afterwards, you can save or share the Web Note.

Starting with Windows Ink with Windows 10 build 14986.

This tutorial will show you how to make a Web Note on webpages open in Microsoft Edge to share or save in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Web Note on webpage in Microsoft Edge

Note If the toolbar and tab for a webpage is purple maroon in color, then it indicates that you are currently viewing or making a Web Note on that specific webpage.

Here's How:

1. Open the Microsoft Edge app.
    2. While on the webpage you want to make a Web Note on, click/tap on the Web Note
    icon on the toolbar at the top right. (see screenshot below)

3. Do step step 4 (Pen), step 5 (Highlighter), step 6 (Eraser), step 7 (Typed Note), and/or step 8 (Clip) below for what tools you would like to use to make a Web Note with.

4. To Use the Pen to Write on the Webpage
    A) Click/tap on the Pen
    icon, and select a color and size you want to write with. (see screenshot below)

B) Write what you like on the webpage with your touchscreen, touchpad, or mouse, and go to step 9 below when finished. (see screenshot below)

5. To Use the Highlighter on the Webpage
    A) Click/tap on the Highlighter
    icon, and select a color and shape you want to highlight with. (see screenshot below)

B) Highlight what you like on the webpage with your touchscreen, touchpad, or mouse, and go to step 9 below when finished. (see screenshot below)

6. To Use the Eraser to Clear Pen and Highlighter marks on the Webpage
    A) Click/tap on the Eraser
    icon once to clear single pen and highlighter marks you want, and go to step C below when finished. (see screenshot below)

OR
    B) Click/tap on the Eraser
    icon twice, and click/tap on Clear All to clear all pen and highlighter marks on the webpage, and go to step C below. (see screenshot below)

C) Left click and hold on mouse or touchpad, or swipe on a touchscreen over a pen or highlighter mark to clear it, and go to step 9 below when finished (see screenshots above).

7. To Add a Typed Note on the Webpage
    A) Click/tap on the Type
    icon, click/tap where you want to add a box to type a note in, type a note, and go to step 9 below. (see screenshot below)

8. To Use Clip to Copy an Outlined area on the Webpage to the Windows Clipboard
    A) Click/tap on the Clip
    icon. (see screenshot below)

B) Left click and hold on mouse or touchpad, or swipe on a touchscreen, to outline the area you want on the webpage.

C) Release, and click/tap on the Copy button to the right of the type box.

D) The outlined area is now saved to the Windows clipboard, and you can paste the image where you like. For example, in mspaint.exe.

E) Go to step 9 below.

9. Repeat step 3 above if you would like to make any more notes or marks on the webpage.

10. When finished making the Web Note, do step step 11 (Save), step 12 (Share), and/or step 13 (Exit) below for what you would like to do.

11. To Save the Web Note

Note After you save a Web Note to your Reading List, you will be able to open the Web Note anytime from your Reading List to be able to Update or Remove the Web Note.

A) Click/tap on the Save icon. (see screenshot below)

B) Select to save the Web Note to your Reading List in Microsoft Edge. (see screenshots below)

C) Type a name, select a folder or create new folder to create in (Favorites only), and click/tap on Add.

12. To Share the Web Note
    A) Click/tap on the Share icon. (see screenshot below)

B) Click/tap on how you want to share the Web Note. (see screenshot below)

11. To Exit the Web Note

Warning A Web Note will not be saved automatically when you exit.

If you wanted to save the Web Note, then be sure that you save the Web Note before exiting.

A) Click/tap on the Exit icon. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cliff S, May 24, 2015

2. Make notes on a web page with Web Note

I have installed Windows 10, and am using Edge as my Browser

When I click on the square with a pencil, I was expecting to have the ability to write notes, or circle webpages however this is not occurring.

Please advise how to fix.

Thank you

happygirl26, May 24, 2015
  3. Make notes on a web page with Web Note

You need either Touch, e.g. a finger or a capacitive pen, or an electronic stylus to do mark up with. A pencil won't do it unless you have done something special to it...

DIY Capacitive Stylus

(BING search for

DIY capacitive pen

)

Note that other less informative articles would be available if you used the word pencil instead of pen. Also note the effect of the user's bamboo stick which would have the same effect as a pencil, except maybe you would get some kind of electrical effect
    from the lead (graphite) in your pencil.

Ironically look at what that other search turns up (thanks to BING's approximations I guess--the word pencil is not found in it)

DIY Capacitive Stylus

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, May 24, 2015
Thema:

Make a Web Note in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

1. Make a Web Note in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Web Note Microsoft

2. Making notes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making notes: Can I make notes directly from web pages and save itI'm using a stylus ? I'm reading about sample statistics in wikipedia and I wish to underline some important text but I unable to . Is there any way to do it ?...
  3. Making web more accessible and inclusive for all with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Making web more accessible and inclusive for all with Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] The past few months have forever changed the way we work, learn and play each day. Our routines have been entirely disrupted, and we’ve had to adapt to new ways to stay productive, entertained and healthy. This change in our global landscape has...
  4. Microsoft Edge Making web better with more open source collaboration

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Making web better with more open source collaboration: For the past few years, Microsoft has meaningfully increased participation in the open source software (OSS) community, becoming one of the world’s largest supporters of OSS projects. Today we’re announcing that we intend to adopt the Chromium open source project in the...
  5. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web: Hello All. I have used this form for many answers but this is my first request for help. Hope I am in the right category, here goes. Microsoft Edge – will not connect to the web I keep getting this... [img] Microsoft Edge Windows 10. Cannot connect to the...
  6. Re: EDGE: Organizing my web notes

in Browsers and Email
    Re: EDGE: Organizing my web notes: I still have not found a way to organize my web notes. I am afraid that my notes lists is going to grow so long that retrieval of older notes will be a real hassle. What happened to "organize favorites" that IE has? SR 51016
  7. Welcoming Progressive Web Apps to Microsoft Edge and Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Welcoming Progressive Web Apps to Microsoft Edge and Windows 10: A little over a year ago, we outlined our vision to bring Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) to the more than half a billion devices running Windows 10. We believe PWAs are key to the web’s future, and couldn’t be more excited about their potential to enable more immersive web app...
  8. Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge: Starting with the most recent Windows Insider Preview release (build 14.14342), Web Notifications are enabled by default in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 PCs and tablets. This feature will be available to all Microsoft Edge customers in EdgeHTML 14, coming this summer with the...
  9. Making web smoother with independent rendering in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Making web smoother with independent rendering in Microsoft Edge: Independent rendering allows the browser to selectively offload graphics processing to an additional CPU thread, so they can be rendered with minimal impact to the user interface thread and the overall visible performance characteristics page, such as silk-smooth scrolling,...
  10. Microsoft Edge and Web Components

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge and Web Components: Editor’s note: This is part two of a two-part series on Web Components by Microsoft Edge engineers Travis Leithead and Arron Eicholz. To read more about our viewpoint and background on web components, please see part one, “Bringing componentization to the web: An overview of...