Windows 10: Make Edge and Chrome read the same Favorites

Discus and support Make Edge and Chrome read the same Favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since finally moving up to Windows 10 I found myself using Chrome more and more. However, I'm also starting to get used to Edge. Problem is that I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Honu425, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Honu425 Win User

Make Edge and Chrome read the same Favorites

Since finally moving up to Windows 10 I found myself using Chrome more and more. However, I'm also starting to get used to Edge. Problem is that I don't have the same Favorites/Bookmarks. I've found how to import Favorites into Chrome. And I've found how to "turn on" Favorites in Edge. However:
    How do I make both of them read from the same location. i.e., If I save a Favorite in Edge and later switch to Chrome I want to see that Favorite in the Bookmarks section. And vice versa.
    Is any of this making sense?
    Help.....*Think

:)

Honu425, Nov 30, 2015

2. Losing Favorites In Edge?

Interesting development. I imported my IE favorites to Google Chrome then I imported the Chrome favorites into Edge. Guess what. I started loosing some of the same Favorites from the Chrome import to Edge as the IE import to Edge.

That seems really odd.

GeneArquilla, Nov 30, 2015
  3. BW4LYF Win User
    How to save same favorites for Chrome, Edge and Internet explorer browsers on Windows 10.

Original Title:,FAVORITES; DIFFERENT IN IE-11, EDGE, and CHROME

I've upgraded to Windows 10, which uses EDGE as it's web browser. When I added a FAVORITE/BOOKMARK to my FAVORITES LIST it did not join the original FAVORITES LIST from IE-11. Same with CHROME. How can I have one FAVORITES LIST for all three? I use EDGE
    for somethings, IE-11 for somethings, and CHROME for others.

I thought WINDOWS 10 was supposed to make computer'g easier for us computer challenged older persons, 75 y/o.

Thank you, anyone, for your assistance in this matter. I look forward to your reply.

Bruce

Brookings, OR

BW4LYF, Nov 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 30, 2015
  5. Honu425 Win User
    Thanks Brink.
    I was afraid of that. Oh well......

Honu425, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Make Edge and Chrome read the same Favorites - Similar Threads - Edge Chrome read

2. favorites on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    favorites on Edge: Can I make Edge openwith a verticcal favorites list similar to the way IE has been doing mit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-on-edge/d2a18a59-581e-4e1b-9e51-6f64a533d3c3
  3. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  4. Sync Edge and Chrome Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync Edge and Chrome Favorites: I want to sync my favorites in Chrome and Edge. I used XMARKS to remove duplicates and sync between different browsers but cannot find an equivalent app since they went out of business. I have found some app that claim to sync just not Chrome and Edge. Any suggestions? 170911
  5. EDGE Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE Favorites: How do you SORT the favorites? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites/05bcaa2d-4440-450c-8012-506287f63127
  6. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  7. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Favorites: How do you change the width of the Favorites Side panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-favorites/7d3ac0b7-4fb5-4364-a313-2804ea3e431f
  8. Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites: I too would like to access my W10 Edge Favorites list to edit them. But I find it incredible that no-one (including Microsoft) appears to know where they. I did come across one reply in the Windows 10 forum that listed them but not in the folders in the drop-down list in Edge...
  9. Edge Favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites.: I just noticed after doing a clean install of windows 10 1607, that my favorites in ms edge are gone. Is there anyway to get them back? Henry 58963
  10. Import favorites in Edge from Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Import favorites in Edge from Chrome: Hi, I am admin om my computer with Windows 10. My wife is second user. We both have accounts on Google and use chrome. I am logged in and open Edge to import favorites from Chrome. I get my wifes chrome favorites from her google account, and not my own??? This happens...