Windows 10: Manage App Execution Aliases in Windows 10

Discus and support Manage App Execution Aliases in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Manage App Execution Aliases in Windows 10 How to Manage App Execution Aliases in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17063, you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Manage App Execution Aliases in Windows 10

How to: Manage App Execution Aliases in Windows 10

How to Manage App Execution Aliases in Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 build 17063, you can now manage app execution aliases for Microsoft Store apps.

Apps can declare a name (alias) used to run the app like an executable file from a command prompt. If you like, you can turn on or off allowing the use of the alias for an app. This can be handy if multiple apps use the same alias.

If you turn on the alias for an app, you will be able to run the .exe name (ex: "Spotify.exe") for the app (ex: "Spotify") in a command prompt to open the app.

If you turn off the alias for an app, the .exe name (ex: "Spotify.exe") for the app (ex: "Spotify") will not be recognized in a command prompt unless another app uses the same .exe name and is turned on.

This tutorial will show you how to manage app execution aliases for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: App execution alias turned off and on for "Spotify"

Manage App Execution Aliases in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Apps icon.

2. Click/tap on the Manage app execution aliases link under the Apps & features section on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. Turn On (default) or Off app execution aliases for what you want. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 29, 2017

2. Microsoft Account, managing aliases: There is no 'make primary' link next to the email I would like to make primary

Hello GI,

There is a possibility that you are experiencing this issue due to a browser problem or due to some conflict with the Microsoft account settings. For us to effectively assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us which browser are you using when you're trying to manage your aliases?
    • Have you tried using a different browser and check if you're having the same issue?

To change your primary alias and to remove an alias from your account, you may follow the steps provided in this
    article. The article describes the steps on how you can manage aliases on your Microsoft account.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Webcam Triggering 'Attempted Execute Of No Execute Memory' BSOD - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY Blue Screen of Death error appears when a device driver attempts to execute a program from a non-executable area of the memory. An error in the RAM (Random Access Memory) can also cause this BSOD error.

If you are using a built-in webcam, then, update the webcam driver and check if that helps.

• Press 'Windows key + X' and choose 'Device Manager'.
    • Under 'Imaging devices', right-click on the webcam driver and update the driver.

Also I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Manage App Execution Aliases in Windows 10

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I'd like to disable Skype and all the crap that I don't need in windows 10. I've gone through the settings and removed it from the optional program list but I still see Skype and some other executables or processes running in task manager , i'm sure there's a way

jboydgolfer, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Mail App on Surface: Signatures and Gmail aliases

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, suggest you to install any pending updates that are pending and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Manage App Execution Aliases in Windows 10

1. Manage App Execution Aliases in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Manage App Execution

2. Are python.exe and python3.exe present under "App Execution aliases" By default ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are python.exe and python3.exe present under "App Execution aliases" By default ?: Are these two items in the App execution aliases installed by a 3rd party app ? or are they there by default ? Do all Windows 10 OSes have these two items by default ?...
  3. Are python.exe and python3.exe present under "App Execution aliases" By default ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are python.exe and python3.exe present under "App Execution aliases" By default ?: Are these two items in the App execution aliases installed by a 3rd party app ? or are they there by default ? Do all Windows 10 OSes have these two items by default ?...
  4. Are python.exe and python3.exe present under "App Execution aliases" By default ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why I cannot turn off App Execution Aliases??

Why I cannot turn off App Execution Aliases??: If I turn off these two aliases and close this window, I still cannot run python/python3. After I open this window again, I found these two items are automatically turned on again!This is so wired! How to solve this??...
  6. Why I cannot turn off App Execution Aliases??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cannot turn off App Execution Aliases??: If I turn off these two aliases and close this window, I still cannot run python/python3. After I open this window again, I found these two items are automatically turned on again!This is so wired! How to solve this??...
  7. Aliases in Windows 10 Mail app

Aliases in Windows 10 Mail app: I have set up four email aliases in my Microsoft account - 2 outlook.com and 2 icloud.comI can send email using the icloud.com aliases when in Outlook.com webmail, but in the Windows 10 mail app, only the two outlook.com aliases appear as being able to send email from.Is...
  8. Apps in App execution aliases are not being turned on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps in App execution aliases are not being turned on: I accidentally turned off one of the appspython in App execution aliases. When I again wanted to turn it back on, it was not being turned on. I want to turn it on. Because after this event whenever I open a project in vs code, it says This app can't run on your pc; to find a...
  9. What are app execution aliases exactly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are app execution aliases exactly: What are these for? My husband thinks its a way to hide things from him but i never used them it was just that way on the computer. We have been arguing non stop about this and other issues such as hidden encoded files in the C drive windows folder that had special...
  10. How to manage App execution aliases on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to manage App execution aliases on Windows 10: [ATTACH] In Windows 10, we can run many apps from Command Prompt using their alias. Eg. The default alias to open Notepad through Command Prompt is notepad.exe. Simply type it, and press Enter and the Notepad application would open. The alias [...] This post How to manage...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. manage app execution aliases