Windows 10: Memory management BSOD resulted in automatic repair loop

Discus and support Memory management BSOD resulted in automatic repair loop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am hoping this is in the correct thread, if not please advise as to where to move it? Memory management BSOD resulted in laptop rebooting.* Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 7imrc, Oct 31, 2016.

1. 7imrc Win User

Memory management BSOD resulted in automatic repair loop

I am hoping this is in the correct thread, if not please advise as to where to move it?

Memory management BSOD resulted in laptop rebooting.* Since then, I am stuck in an automatic repair loop.

I cannot get Win10 to run, only access to the Recovery Environment:

1. I have tried to roll back to a previous restore point, but this failed and will no longer work.
    2. Start-up repair continues the automatic repair loop....
    3. Start-up settings doesn't alter the startup options regardless of which I select.
    4. Memory tests appear ok, however*from what I can determine using the cmd prompt, there is a problem with the system finding the Win10 OS correctly (bootrec /scanos)
    5. SFC & DISM/online *fail to function.
    6. Chkdsk seems ok.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Many thanks.

:)

7imrc, Oct 31, 2016
  2. 7imrc Win User

BSOD Memory Management results in automatic repair loop

In addition, I have managed to turn off auto repair.

i subsequently get the following BSOD error:

file: CLFS.SYS

error code: 0xc000007b

i am still only able to get into the recovery environment.

thanks.

7imrc, Oct 31, 2016
  3. 7imrc Win User
    BSOD Memory Management results in automatic repair loop

Thank you for your reply.

given that I can only access this system in the Win recovery environment, how would I go about doing this?

thanks.

7imrc, Oct 31, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi 7imrc,

Welcome to the 10forums and apologies for the delay.

Are you still in need of help?

axe0, Nov 4, 2016
  5. 7imrc Win User
    Hi axe0, thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am still in need of help!

Little progress so far, although I have switched off automatic repair, which has resulted in the following BSOD on startup:

The operating system could not be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors

File: CLFS.SYS
    Error code: 0xc000007b

I still cannot change startup settings and have access only to the recovery environment on the laptop. I can however plug the SSD into my win10 desktop if that helps?

7imrc, Nov 4, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Do you have install media? We could use that as source for SFC to scan with.

axe0, Nov 4, 2016
  7. 7imrc Win User
    Yes.....I have downloaded install media onto a USB, which is ready to go.

7imrc, Nov 4, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Question before I suggest something you've already done.
    Did you run the commands with source, for example DISM like described here

axe0, Nov 4, 2016
  9. 7imrc Win User
    I have run:

sfc /scannow resulting in 100% verification but then get message "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation".

I have also run the following:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

all resulting in error 50, DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online Option.

I have also tried:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim*Biggrin:\install.wim:1
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim*Biggrin:\install.wim:1 / limitaccess both of these also result in error 50 as well.

Thanks.

7imrc, Nov 4, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Can you see the CLFS.sys file on your SSD when connected to your desktop, in %systemroot%\system32?

11. 7imrc Win User
    Yes I can see that file:

\Windows\System32\drivers\clfs.sys (File date 30 Oct 15)

7imrc, Nov 6, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
  13. 7imrc Win User

axe0, screenshot attached.

Disk 1 is the SSD from my Dell laptop. I see that the OS(G*Smile drive is stating no free space available. I will look to move any unnecessary files off this drive to external from the command prompt.

7imrc, Nov 6, 2016
  14. 7imrc Win User
    I have freed up 18% of space from the os (g: )

7imrc, Nov 8, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    Good, does the problem re-occur?

Thema:

1. Memory management BSOD resulted in automatic repair loop - Similar Threads - Memory management BSOD

2. BSOD and Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and Automatic Repair Loop: So I have actually already posted this issue in part, but its really become a whole different issue now. Originally I was trying to fix a BSOD caused by CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION, with this being the error in the Event Viewer:<Event...
  3. BSOD and Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and Automatic Repair Loop: So I have actually already posted this issue in part, but its really become a whole different issue now. Originally I was trying to fix a BSOD caused by CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION, with this being the error in the Event Viewer:<Event...
  4. BSOD and Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Automatic repair start up loop - no memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic repair start up loop - no memory: HiyaI have tried so many threads to try and fix but nothing is working and I feel its due to not having storage but I don't know how to get around this Auto start stuck on a loop Have tried all advanced options and many command prompts. No restore points or previous versions...
  6. Automatic repair start up loop - no memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic repair start up loop - no memory: HiyaI have tried so many threads to try and fix but nothing is working and I feel its due to not having storage but I don't know how to get around this Auto start stuck on a loop Have tried all advanced options and many command prompts. No restore points or previous versions...
  7. Automatic repair start up loop - no memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSoD leading to Automatic Repair loops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD leading to Automatic Repair loops: I had a series of BSoDs this morning, after no issues using my PC last night. I was trying to diagnose the issue, all the while being interrupted by BSoDs, and I got a System Restore process off which reverted me to a state from the day prior. That didn't fix the issue, and...
  9. BSOD with Automatic Repair Loops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD with Automatic Repair Loops: I'm guessing an update came thru at the end of last week? Since Thursday I have been unable to get my workstation with Windows 10 back up and running. I've checked tons of forums and watched lots of videos but to no avail. Please help! I even went to RESET THIS PC - keep...
  10. Avast uninstall resulted in Automatic Repair loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Avast uninstall resulted in Automatic Repair loop: So I thought I'd try out free version of Avast. Well, after few weeks of getting rocked by popups, I uninstalled it(from programs and features) and rebooted it, thinking life is good now. Hell naw it ain't good now, not at all. I'm stuck in Automatic Repair loop. Windows...