Windows 10: Metered connections changes??

Discus and support Metered connections changes?? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I had 1803 build on my uncles PC which was using "Home" when it was set to metered, it would do it daily wu check like always but it would have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tsunami2311, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Metered connections changes??

So I had 1803 build on my uncles PC which was using "Home" when it was set to metered, it would do it daily wu check like always but it would have to get permission to download and install the updates, which got notification in AC for.

Now his system is using 1809 build ( it was clean installed twice cause first clean install something broke with in 10 minutes) and IF metered connection is used, the daily wu checks no longer work. it went week of no wu check before i noticed it wasnt checking. soon as I turn off metered connection the daily wu check start again.

Why is this happening? or did something go horrible wrong with the install? I had home set to metered cause it was the only way to get wu to notify before downloading anything. and this worked in 1803 build but for some reason in 1809, all metered connection does is disable the wu checks. I could put the "allow" even on metered connections, but that will just automatically download updates which dont want. which i dont want and never does my uncles. he want to be notified of updates before they are downloaded like before on 1803.

and using one many methods to get gpedit.msc installed on home only install it not functionality of it, and sing the reg edit way to set wu notify before download dont work either.

:)

tsunami2311, Jul 17, 2019

2. OneDrive - Metered Connection

Hi Sayyid,

Since you're using a SIM to be able to use the internet, Windows 10 automatically set your connection as metered if your Internet service provider limits the data you can use.

You can turn the Set as metered connection option to OFF by following these steps:

• Click the Internet access icon from the Taskbar.
    • Click the network where you are connected, then click Properties.
    • Locate and toggle the Set as metered connection to OFF.

Let us know if the message still appears after following the above mentioned steps.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jul 17, 2019
  3. javadth1 Win User
    set metered connection is not activate

hi

i want to enable metered connection in ethernet

and i have this error http://uupload.ir/files/vie3_ad63ad.jpg

in this steps

4. step 3)

5. step 3)

6. step 3)

javadth1, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Metered connections changes??

OneDrive - Metered Connection

Hi Sayyid,

There are other options that you can do to turn off the "This PC is on a metered connection" notification. You can try to follow the steps below:

• Swipe from right to left and tap on Settings.
    • On the Settings menu, tap the Change PC settings link.
    • On the PC settings menu, tap on Network.
    • Tap to select the network your device is using to connect to the internet.
    • On the Date Usage column, Turn off the Set as a metered connection.

Should you have further questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Metered connections changes??

1. Metered connections changes?? - Similar Threads - Metered connections changes

2. Metered connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metered connection: My wifi says turn off metered connection but when i go to settings the wifi tab does not appear please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metered-connection/f3e9f6a8-62a2-41b4-955f-ff35086fb242
  3. Metered Connections

Metered Connections: How do I change my settings so I can connect to WI-FI? At the moment, it says I can only use an ethernet cord which is not an option. I have a ASUS Desktop running on Windows 10 PRO....
  4. Metered connection

Metered connection: Hello, I've been trying to set up a metered connection for half an hour and after awhile I got it working until it's expire date now the option is grayed out. Here's a screenshot:[ATTACH]...
  5. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: A while back I was having troubles downloading all the Windows 10 updates. Call tech support and bottom line they set my computer to a metered connection. That solved my problems. It worked. Me internet provider only supplies me with 10 mbps of download speed. Yesterday I...
  6. Metered connections changes??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Metered connections changes??: So I had 1803 build on my uncles PC which was using "Home" when it was set to metered, it would do it daily wu check like always but it would have to get permission to download and install the updates, which got notification in AC for. Now his system is using 1809 build ( it...
  7. metered connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    metered connection: How do you turn off metered connection off, my Bluetooth devices will not connect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/metered-connection/5f8da87a-b822-4b37-b7ae-0f00d0e23d8a
  8. METERED CONNECTION

METERED CONNECTION: I must have pressed something because now when I open my Outlook to check my mail I get a message about me being on a metered connection. How do I turn that warning off? Many Thankx Jeff...
  9. METERED CONNECTION

in Cortana
    METERED CONNECTION: I must have pressed something because now when I open my Outlook to check my mail I get a message about me being on a metered connection. How do I turn that warning off? Many Thankx Jeff...
  10. Metered Connection

Metered Connection: I can't seem to change my WiFi settings to meteted connection on windows 10. I have gone through the steps on the microsoft site and when I get to manage know networks and I select any of my networks it's shows me either share, or forget, buh doesn't show me properties. How...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 3G metered connections deprecated Windows 10 1809