Windows 10: Microsoft account causing issues with my administrator account.

Discus and support Microsoft account causing issues with my administrator account. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I reinstalled Windows 10 and signed in with my Microsoft account. But I have to sign out and then into the administrator to do anything. I've made my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Grog_THE_Impaler, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Microsoft account causing issues with my administrator account.

I reinstalled Windows 10 and signed in with my Microsoft account. But I have to sign out and then into the administrator to do anything. I've made my Microsoft account administrator too, but I can't do everything the admin can. What do I need to copy to the admin so that I can delete the Microsoft account from my computer so I am using the administrator account? Thanks in advance!

:)

Grog_THE_Impaler, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Microsoft account causing issues with my administrator account. :(

Zakin, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. Microsoft account causing issues with my administrator account.

Linking Microsoft Account to my Local Account Caused me to Lose Administrator Access

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Follow the below steps,

• Type User Accounts in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Change the User Accounts.

• Here you will be able to see all the user accounts on your computer.

• Select the User account and see if it is a Standard user account or Administrator.

• If it is standard user then, change it to Administrator.

• Now, log out from the Built-in Administrator account and try to log-in with your Administrator account.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft account causing issues with my administrator account.

1. Microsoft account causing issues with my administrator account. - Similar Threads - Microsoft account causing

2. Unable to login my microsoft account in administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login my microsoft account in administrator account: I just flashed a new version of windows and first in first setup i logged in my microsoft account and a user based on my microsoft account was created but i wanted to use administrator account as main account so i activated administrator account and deleted the orignal...
  3. Unable to login my microsoft account in administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login my microsoft account in administrator account: I just flashed a new version of windows and first in first setup i logged in my microsoft account and a user based on my microsoft account was created but i wanted to use administrator account as main account so i activated administrator account and deleted the orignal...
  4. Administrator Account Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Account Issues: my Laptop It Recently Had a Admin Account on it I deleted it. I have a Standard account aswell. I can download things but I can't setup anything without it showing a Pop up Saying that I need to Use a Administrator Name And password. I already Deleted It. The Popup just says...
  5. Administrator Account Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator Account Issues: my Laptop It Recently Had a Admin Account on it I deleted it. I have a Standard account aswell. I can download things but I can't setup anything without it showing a Pop up Saying that I need to Use a Administrator Name And password. I already Deleted It. The Popup just says...
  6. Administrator Account Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Unlnk my administrator account from my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unlnk my administrator account from my microsoft account: Note:I do *NOT* want to delete my Administrator accountI do *NOT* want to delete any user accountI do *NOT* want to disable my Administrator accountI do *NOT* want to change the password for my Administrator accountYesterday I had to sign in to my Microsoft account to access...
  8. Microsoft account associated with Administrator account issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account associated with Administrator account issue: I want to change the Microsoft account associated with the administrator account on my laptop. I have tried to look for solutions, but what I have found is mostly just make another account and turn it into an admin account or reset the laptop. I want to keep all my files...
  9. Administrator Account Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Account Issue: I had a computer that I upgraded to Windows 10 and removed all but one user account. There is no guest account showing in my users, but I just discovered that all my administrative information is being stored as Guest. I can't figure out how to transfer that information to my...
  10. administrator account issues

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    administrator account issues: Hello, so I cannot get anybody on the phone for the life of me and the virtual assistant is zero help EVER! Anyways, I have been having issues for quite some time and failed to get any help. I have triple checked to see if I'm correct and it says that I am the administrator...