Windows 10: Microsoft Account Key Transfer

Discus and support Microsoft Account Key Transfer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently purchased a Microsoft Account Key off Amazon and I activated it but I want to deactivate it and put Windows 10 Home onto a different device.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DeanTW, Apr 15, 2020.

1. DeanTW Win User

Microsoft Account Key Transfer

I recently purchased a Microsoft Account Key off Amazon and I activated it but I want to deactivate it and put Windows 10 Home onto a different device. How do I remove the current Windows 10 then move it to a different device? Also I have the code still.

:)

DeanTW, Apr 15, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

4. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Microsoft Account Key Transfer - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Key

2. transfer microsoft account data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer microsoft account data: I need to transfer all my things from my school account to my personal account becuase I have excel worksheets and word docs and powerpoint presentations and I don't know how to transfer them all to my personal account....
  3. transfer microsoft account data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transfer microsoft account data: I need to transfer all my things from my school account to my personal account becuase I have excel worksheets and word docs and powerpoint presentations and I don't know how to transfer them all to my personal account....
  4. transfer microsoft account data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to transfer a digital key from my microsoft account to another?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to transfer a digital key from my microsoft account to another?: So a while ago I bought a key to windows 10 home online from microsoft on accident. I already have windows and by the time I caught it it was to late to return it so the key has sat unused in my email. Now however, my nephew is building a computer and would like to use the...
  6. How to transfer a digital key from my microsoft account to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer a digital key from my microsoft account to another?: So a while ago I bought a key to windows 10 home online from microsoft on accident. I already have windows and by the time I caught it it was to late to return it so the key has sat unused in my email. Now however, my nephew is building a computer and would like to use the...
  7. How to transfer a digital key from my microsoft account to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Transferring Digital Microsoft Keys

Transferring Digital Microsoft Keys: Hi there, About 2-3 years ago we bought a Surface laptop. The laptop came with a Win 10 Pro digital license linked to the device. It is not in use anymore and I was wondering where you can find this license and if it is possible to transfer it to a different device like a...
  9. Transfer Laptop to Another Microsoft Account

Transfer Laptop to Another Microsoft Account: I just donated my old laptop to a nonprofit, but it's still registered under my MS account. Is there an easy way to delete that device from my account and allow the organization to re register under their account?...
  10. Transfer Microsoft purchases between accounts

Transfer Microsoft purchases between accounts: Hi. I have an old Microsoft live email account I have been trying to discontinue. I also have a current Microsoft outlook account that I am trying to transfer to Windows as my main account. This has been an annoying process since I had to wait 30 days to change the account...