Windows 10: Microsoft Account on 2 Laptops

Discus and support Microsoft Account on 2 Laptops in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Does Microsoft allow for one account on two laptops for sign-in's? As I recently got a new laptop but am having issues signing into the old laptop with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joshuanjy, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Joshuanjy Win User

Microsoft Account on 2 Laptops

Does Microsoft allow for one account on two laptops for sign-in's? As I recently got a new laptop but am having issues signing into the old laptop with my Microsoft account as I would like to sync the settings and stuff. I would also like to continue using the old laptop with the Microsoft account.

:)

Joshuanjy, Mar 12, 2019

2. Laptop not listed in Devices in Microsoft Account

Hi Taleys,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that your laptop is not appearing among the list of trusted devices.

Thank you for mentioning the steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

I would suggest you to try the steps below to make sure the laptop has been verified.

1. Sign in to the main computer with your Microsoft Account.

2. Press Windows key + I to open settings

3. Click on "accounts" and select "your account" on the left pane.

4. Check if the option to verify your identity is available.

5. If so, click "verify" and follow the on-screen instructions.

6. Once that is done, begin the setup steps given in the article
    and check again.

Get back to us with the response. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

1. Microsoft Account on 2 Laptops - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Laptops

2. 2 laptops 1 Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 laptops 1 Microsoft account: My wife got a new laptop and log into her account. Now all her stuff from her work laptop has also gone to her new laptop including some of her boss stuff. She uses the same email on both computers. Is there a way for her personal laptop to not have the work stuff without...
  3. 2 laptops 1 Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 laptops 1 Microsoft account: My wife got a new laptop and log into her account. Now all her stuff from her work laptop has also gone to her new laptop including some of her boss stuff. She uses the same email on both computers. Is there a way for her personal laptop to not have the work stuff without...
  4. 2 laptops 1 Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. regarding 2 microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    regarding 2 microsoft accounts: i have 2 microsoft accounts .one is new and one is old. i want my old account for my pc and i want new for my new office . but problem is that , i have only one common mobile no. for both microsoft account verifications. how can i link these 2 microsoft accounts with same...
  6. 2 Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 Microsoft accounts: I have a new surface and log into Win10 with 1 Microsoft account admin. I also have Office365 installed and have a 2nd Microsoft Account I use to log in. I would like to use the 2nd account to log into windows &365 instead and am having trouble. If I try to switch accounts...
  7. OneDrive for 2 Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive for 2 Microsoft Accounts: 1 I installed Windows 10 Home Ver 1909 on my laptop and setup using my "personal"@gmail.com. 2 Windows File Explorer shows - my One drive folder as below: [ATTACH] 3 My business associate purchased the Family One-Drive account and allocated 1TB to my *** Email address...
  8. 2 Microsoft Accounts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Microsoft Accounts.: Hi I have 2 Microsoft accounts, one for my Xbox and one for my office subscription etc, is there anyway i can merge the accounts? Thanks C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-microsoft-accounts/3413d74d-ca68-423e-9532-95e4d3f0943f
  9. Microsoft account signed on 2 laptops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft account signed on 2 laptops: Yeah so I have a microsoft (outlook) account signed in my work laptop as well as in my old laptop that my mom uses. So I want to remove the old laptop from the account.microsoft.com/devices site. So does that affect that old laptop in any way? Cause there are some settings...
  10. Merging 2 Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Merging 2 Microsoft accounts: Hi, I have two Microsoft accounts and I have Minecraft wndows 10 edition on this one but my main one does not. I would like to merge the two accounts, however, just transferring MC onto the other one is fine...