Windows 10: Microsoft account or local account ?

Discus and support Microsoft account or local account ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mikelferdinan, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Microsoft account or local account ?

Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here.
    1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc account?
    2. I am using onedrive as daily cloud storage, will i be able download/upload with local account?
    3. What you cant do in local account but you can do in mc account ?

:)

mikelferdinan, Jul 27, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Mindweaver, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Microsoft account or local account ?

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

Microsoft account or local account ? [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Thema:

Microsoft account or local account ?

1. Microsoft account or local account ? - Similar Threads - Microsoft account local

2. Local account and Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Local account and Microsoft account: Hi, I recently switched my windows 10 computer from the Microsoft account to a local account. Since I have no use for the "Microsoft account", that is the Microsoft account online to which my windows 10 is connected, can I delete the Microsoft account? I don't use any...
  3. Local Account / Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Account / Microsoft Account: I have a desktop & a laptop and on both the devices I have logged in with my Microsoft account, but unlike my desktop when I login to my laptop, it makes me sign with a password not a pin which I had setup myself in Settings>Sign-in options>Password. To remove this I simply...
  4. local microsoft account

local microsoft account: How do I know if my Microsoft account is local? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-microsoft-account/a0b88460-223e-41a7-8145-f0556d0922d8
  5. Local account to microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Local account to microsoft account?: So my microsft account is linked with a activated windows theres no problem with that. I built a pc and before installing windows with a local account i have some question. I know you can log in with your microsoft account after seting it up with a local account but will the...
  6. Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account

Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account: What are the advantages of signing into my Win 10 PC using a Microsoft account versus I have been using a local account. What do I gain by using the Microsoft account?...
  7. Local and Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local and Microsoft Account: First time using this and I normally can fix issues quite easily but this one has me stumped I have windows 10 and started with a local account using my Hotmail email address. Lets Call it the Neil local account. Later on in the year I then set up a Microsoft family...
  8. Microsoft account or local account ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  9. Local and Microsoft account

Local and Microsoft account: Can you have a different name for the local and Microsoft account? 91688
  10. local account/Microsoft account

local account/Microsoft account: I have been using Windows 10 for about a week. I set up two accounts - one administrator, the other regular user. When attempting to update Windows 10, I got a message saying because I did not login a Microsoft account, some updates couldn't be downloaded. So, I had to create...