Windows 10: Microsoft Account Question+ PC Profile question

Discus and support Microsoft Account Question+ PC Profile question in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings everyone, I hope you are well. Recently I lost all access to my microsoft account which i'm still trying to gain access to. I'm still able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarcusBanks2, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Microsoft Account Question+ PC Profile question

Greetings everyone, I hope you are well.

Recently I lost all access to my microsoft account which i'm still trying to gain access to. I'm still able to log into my pc via pin code and that is great. I keep getting alerted about the pc not being able to sign into the microsoft account which makes since because it's currently locked. Is there a way I can assign the same pc profile access to my other microsoft account so I can stop getting the alerts and just move on with the new inbox and such so i'm not constantly being reminded about what I lost after using that account since 06.

Is there a way to keep my usual sign in pc wise without making a whole new profile so that I have my same settings folders programs and the like. I really don't want to make a new name on the pc, if I can just assign a new microsoft account to the current profile, in place of the locked one.

Is that a possibility? If so how can I achieve this.

Thank you for your help,

Marcus

:)

MarcusBanks2, Mar 27, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 27, 2020
  3. 2 part question......Removing an account AND.....changing a profile Picture

Hi Carl,

The account that you’re seeing on the login screen of your Windows 10 PC can be removed from the
    Settings or using an elevated Command Prompt. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you manage the account by following the steps below:

• Click Start > Settings > Accounts.
    • For Windows versions 1607 and 1703, click the Family & other users.
    • For version 1709, click Family & other people.
    • Select the account that you want to delete, click Remove, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
    • After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

You may also use the Command Prompt to delete the account by proceeding with these steps:

• Click Start, type Command Prompt, right-click on the program and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Type net user and press Enter. It will show the list of accounts on your computer.
    • On the Command Prompt window, enter this command: net user (User account) /delete and press
      Enter. (Example: net user /delete).
    • Once you’re done, this process will automatically remove the account from your computer.

Note: Before doing these steps, restart your PC to make sure that the account that you want to delete is not currently signed in. Additionally, you may be prompted for an administrator password and confirmation of the changes that require
    administrative rights. Provide the password and confirm to proceed. Please make sure that you follow the steps with care to avoid any issue.

Furthermore, you may change the account photo on your PC by following the steps provided in this article on how to
    change your account picture. Once you’re on the page, you may
    proceed with the steps and complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if you’re able to change the image on your user profile.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Microsoft Account Question+ PC Profile question

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Microsoft Account Question+ PC Profile question

1. Microsoft Account Question+ PC Profile question - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Question+

2. Accounts question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accounts question: Hello AllOne thing that always confuses me Windows 10 is accounts.So I've purchased several refurbished Thinkpads.The machines arrive with an account name and no password. So I set up a passowrd and end up stuck with that account name put int by the seller. One computer is...
  3. Account Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Question: Hello Folks, If I change an email password, do I need to renew the Account Recovery Code? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-question/ac271ff6-9dad-49de-805a-c2dd4cdd5ef4
  4. Question About Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question About Microsoft Account: hi, what happens if i remove my account microsoft on windows 10 settings , didn't loss any my data ? or just removed on my device laptop?or on website microsoft ?[ATTACH]thanks if supporter helps me my question![ATTACH]...
  5. Account Security Questions Microsoft

Account Security Questions Microsoft: I woke up this morning with a notice stating that somebody at 4:30 in the morning accessed my account by using my security questions. I've gone through and changed my password and security contact information and added an authenticatin app as well as remove all trusted...
  6. Account Security Questions Microsoft

Account Security Questions Microsoft: I woke up this morning with a notice stating that somebody at 4:30 in the morning accessed my account by using my security questions. I've gone through and changed my password and security contact information and added an authenticatin app as well as remove all trusted...
  7. Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles: As much as I hate to admit it, the new browser is fantastic. The browser itself is blazingly fast, and synchronisation between different machines is almost instantaneous. That said, something weird is happening. I primarily use two machines (desktop and laptop), and two...
  8. Microsoft account question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft account question: I wound up with 2 Microsoft accounts. Can I sign in to my second device & create another user, then delete the second account without affecting Windows 10 on either one? Then my pc & laptop could sync....
  9. Question about Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about Microsoft Accounts: The issue : The Taskbar crashes everyday when the Windoes Shell Experience Host stops working I have tried ALL you can imagine to fix this, even Microsoft tried to fix it and then they replaced my Surface Book 2 because they couldnt make it stop crashing. Nothing worked, I...
  10. Microsoft Account Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Question: Will you be required in windows 10 to have an local account to use windows 10 offline and will you be able access the ms store and download apps while logged into your local account 4971