Windows 10: Microsoft account question

Discus and support Microsoft account question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I wound up with 2 Microsoft accounts. Can I sign in to my second device & create another user, then delete the second account without affecting Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BertSmith1, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Microsoft account question

I wound up with 2 Microsoft accounts. Can I sign in to my second device & create another user, then delete the second account without affecting Windows 10 on either one? Then my pc & laptop could sync.

:)

BertSmith1, Jul 18, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

4. Vesao Win User

Microsoft account question

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft account question

1. Microsoft account question - Similar Threads - Microsoft account question

2. Microsoft digitally linked account question.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft digitally linked account question.: So my neighbours been given a computer for her kids and it looks like it was a windows 7 laptop that someone has made up an email and a phone number to install windows 10 with digital licence activation. Windows works fine but starts complaining it wants to send a text to...
  3. Question About Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question About Microsoft Account: hi, what happens if i remove my account microsoft on windows 10 settings , didn't loss any my data ? or just removed on my device laptop?or on website microsoft ?[ATTACH]thanks if supporter helps me my question![ATTACH]...
  4. Account Security Questions Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Security Questions Microsoft: I woke up this morning with a notice stating that somebody at 4:30 in the morning accessed my account by using my security questions. I've gone through and changed my password and security contact information and added an authenticatin app as well as remove all trusted...
  5. Account Security Questions Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Security Questions Microsoft: I woke up this morning with a notice stating that somebody at 4:30 in the morning accessed my account by using my security questions. I've gone through and changed my password and security contact information and added an authenticatin app as well as remove all trusted...
  6. Microsoft Account Question+ PC Profile question

Microsoft Account Question+ PC Profile question: Greetings everyone, I hope you are well. Recently I lost all access to my microsoft account which i'm still trying to gain access to. I'm still able to log into my pc via pin code and that is great. I keep getting alerted about the pc not being able to sign into the...
  7. Question about Microsoft account security

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Microsoft account security: Hey guys. So I logged into my MS account randomly to check my recent activity. A bit of paranoia since a few months ago I had some dude trying to hack literally every account I own under the sun. (Seriously. Even useless crap like my Spotify or Town of Salem accounts) So...
  8. Question about Microsoft Accounts

Question about Microsoft Accounts: The issue : The Taskbar crashes everyday when the Windoes Shell Experience Host stops working I have tried ALL you can imagine to fix this, even Microsoft tried to fix it and then they replaced my Surface Book 2 because they couldnt make it stop crashing. Nothing worked, I...
  9. Clean install with Microsoft Account question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install with Microsoft Account question: Hi all, When clean installing using a Microsoft Account how does Windows 10 handle your favourites/bookmarks? I have syncing turned on. During a clean installation are my favourites/bookmarks automatically restored back in to the Edge browser during the setup process or do...
  10. Microsoft Account Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Question: Will you be required in windows 10 to have an local account to use windows 10 offline and will you be able access the ms store and download apps while logged into your local account 4971