Windows 10: Microsoft Account Syncing to Local Account on Different PC

Discus and support Microsoft Account Syncing to Local Account on Different PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, how in the world is this happening? I have an account on a laptop that is local and I am the only administrator. On my desktop PC, I only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by D_78, Jul 20, 2019.

1. D_78 Win User

Microsoft Account Syncing to Local Account on Different PC

Hello, how in the world is this happening?

I have an account on a laptop that is local and I am the only administrator.

On my desktop PC, I only have a single account which is a Microsoft account.

Somehow, my desktop wallpaper has synced onto my laptop local account from my desktop Microsoft account.

This shouldn't even be possible, correct?

Thanks, Dan

:)

2. silkstone Win User

Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

I was thinking of doing that, but it will be a PITA setting everything up on the 2nd account again. I might go that way and just spend the time getting the account in order.

The problem is, I would need to switch at the start of every day. Extra reset and waiting for the settings to be applied etc. Also, I'm not sure whether one drive would be maintained after switching back to a local account. I wouldn't want to have to re-sync every time I logged in. I may have to do some testing to see if onedrive is maintained after switching back to a local account.

silkstone, Jul 20, 2019
  3. mocax Win User
    How to specify a different microsoft accounts for syncing with Edge?

I am using local account to log into my PC.

Because I use different microsoft accounts for my general usage (logging in to windows 8 on my tablet) and for gaming (for use in the xbox).

microsoft edge can now sync settings and bookmarks in the latest update, but it requires me to switch to my microsoft account to enable sync.

Is there a way to enable sync with my choice of microsoft accounts?

Conversely, if I switch to using my main microsoft account for logging into the PC, how do I use my gaming microsoft account if I decide to play some microsoft games?

mocax, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Local and Microsoft account

Ah, ok. I see now.

You have added your MSA to used by other apps in her local account.

The only way to have the MSA use the same display name as the local account would be to change the name of the MSA. However, this would affect all PCs that use this MSA though.

Brink, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Microsoft Account Syncing to Local Account on Different PC - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account Syncing

2. Local account and Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Local account and Microsoft account: Hi, I recently switched my windows 10 computer from the Microsoft account to a local account. Since I have no use for the "Microsoft account", that is the Microsoft account online to which my windows 10 is connected, can I delete the Microsoft account? I don't use any...
  3. Local Account / Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Account / Microsoft Account: I have a desktop & a laptop and on both the devices I have logged in with my Microsoft account, but unlike my desktop when I login to my laptop, it makes me sign with a password not a pin which I had setup myself in Settings>Sign-in options>Password. To remove this I simply...
  4. Local account to microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Local account to microsoft account?: So my microsft account is linked with a activated windows theres no problem with that. I built a pc and before installing windows with a local account i have some question. I know you can log in with your microsoft account after seting it up with a local account but will the...
  5. Microsoft account won't Sync to pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account won't Sync to pc: Today i got back my laptop from having it fixed where the people who fixed it had to erase everything off my laptop, to where i have to redownload everything i had on it, and i tried to sync my microsoft account to my laptop, but it won't sync, i went to settings on my...
  6. Microsoft account or local account ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  7. Microsoft account or local account ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  8. Local Account Syncing to wrong Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local Account Syncing to wrong Microsoft Account: Hi, I have a situation where I log on to my Laptop using the local account for the laptop but once logged in the account is linked to my child's Microsoft account. If I go to settings the info has the local username and under it my childs Microsoft account. Surely there is...
  9. PC Not Syncing With Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC Not Syncing With Microsoft Account: I got a new laptop and after setting up the PC I found out that my PC settings are not getting synced with the Microsoft Account. I found out the following issue. [ATTACH] Can I please get a solution to fix this. Thank You...
  10. local account/Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    local account/Microsoft account: I have been using Windows 10 for about a week. I set up two accounts - one administrator, the other regular user. When attempting to update Windows 10, I got a message saying because I did not login a Microsoft account, some updates couldn't be downloaded. So, I had to create...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unlink email address with microsoft account