Windows 10: Microsoft Account vs. my PC'sc User Administrator Account. Can't sign into Microsoft in...

Discus and support Microsoft Account vs. my PC'sc User Administrator Account. Can't sign into Microsoft in... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hope this makes sense. My PC's User Administrator Account is the same account (email address & password) as my Microsoft Account. Therefore when I go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BARRY G.VARGUS Sr., Dec 19, 2019.

1. Microsoft Account vs. my PC'sc User Administrator Account. Can't sign into Microsoft in...

Hope this makes sense. My PC's User Administrator Account is the same account (email address & password) as my Microsoft Account.

Therefore when I go to Settings>Accounts>Your Info: At the top, it reads My Username (minus the @gmail.com. Under that Local Account & under that Administrator. Then underneath that, it states: Windows is better when your settings and files automatically sync.

Use a Microsoft Account to easily get all your stuff on all your devices. Underneath that, in blue letters, it states: Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. When I go to use my Microsoft Account to sign in instead by tapping on the blue line of text on the same page in Settings by putting in the email address & then the password it reads back to me: So and so, or "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" is already here. Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account, so you can't add it here. Well, #1 where is "here" the PC or Microsoft? #2: What should/can I do to rectify/fix this problem? #3: I'm the only person that uses this Laptop. Can I be both the Administrator of my PC & the only & the "Head" Microsoft Account signing in to anywhere from this PC?

Respectfully,

Barry

PS: I hate to add a #4 but why does this Community Question page keep on typing my words in red all of a sudden, out of nowhere. Even after I keep going up top to choose the Black again & again. (this one not that important).

:)

BARRY G.VARGUS Sr., Dec 19, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Microsoft account Sign in option under user account is not working

Hi NAvneet.

Many thanks for your help. But this didn't work.

Should I try the below procedure. Someone has suggested this method to similar query in other thread. Pls suggest:

Please follow the steps to enable the build in administrator and check if it helps:

• Use the power button on the sign-in screen to Shift+Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu.
    • Click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings. When given the choice of startup options, try booting the PC in
      Safe Mode with Command Prompt. If you can’t get there, skip to the next major step.
      • If you can get to a CMD window, enable the built-in administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes
      • Then restart and sign-in as the Administrator account.
      • Once in the Administrator account, open Regedit
        and go to the following key:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the desktop.
      • Then continue with step 4 below.
    • Use boot media to access the recovery command prompt.
      • Start Regedit.
      • Select the HKEY_USERS key.
      • Click File, Load Hive. and go up in the file system to This PC. Then browse to this file and then click Open:

C:\Windows\System32\config\DEFAULT
      • When prompted, name it “def”
      • Select this key:

HKEY_USERS\def\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the C:\ drive.
    • Find the subkey under StoredIdentities that matches the name of the Microsoft Account.
    • Delete the key.
    • If you loaded the offline registry hive, go back up in the tree on the left and select “def”. Then click File,
      Unload hive. This option will only be available if “def” is selected.
    • Restart the PC and test sign-in.
    • Once done, you may need to Verify the account in Settings, Accounts in order for it to be fully usable in Windows again.
    • If you used the built-in Administrator account to resolve the issue, please return it to the default disabled state to help keep the Computer secure. To do so follow the steps:
      net user administrator /active:no
    Please create a new administrator account using the Microsoft Account and check.

Shobhitjain2005, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Microsoft Account vs. my PC'sc User Administrator Account. Can't sign into Microsoft in...

sign in a user admin Microsoft account

Hello,

When you add an account on your PC in Windows, it will be a standard user account by default. As an initial troubleshooting step, we need to make sure if the changes you made is applied. Here's how to
    determine Account Type of users in User Accounts:

Note: You must be signed in as an administrator to be able do this option. You can use the same account you use to changed the account type of the other user account.

1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the User Accounts icon.
    2. Click/tap on the Manage another account link.
    3. Look under the user name in each box with the user's account picture.
    • If you see Administrator under the user name, then the account is an administrator.
    • If you don't see Administrator under the user name, then the account is a standard user.

Let me know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Microsoft Account vs. my PC'sc User Administrator Account. Can't sign into Microsoft in...

1. Microsoft Account vs. my PC'sc User Administrator Account. Can't sign into Microsoft in... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account PC'sc

2. Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account: I have a user who cannot run some scripts using python to map some paths on dependencies. User is signed in with their Microsoft account which is FirstName LastName There is a space in between first and last name and then a phone number under their account when checking user...
  3. Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signed in as Microsoft account vs local admin account: I have a user who cannot run some scripts using python to map some paths on dependencies. User is signed in with their Microsoft account which is FirstName LastName There is a space in between first and last name and then a phone number under their account when checking user...
  4. Can't sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign into Microsoft account: Can't sign into my Microsoft, store and Xbox accounts on my PC. I can log in fine via the browser.When I click "Sign In" a window appears for a second and then disappears.If I try to "Add someone else to this PC", the same happens, a window appears for a second and then...
  5. Can't sign into a microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign into a microsoft account: I've done all I could; even to the extent of a Windows reinstall. I also cannot check for updates. This includes but is not limited to:Microsoft account service automatic did nothingGPolicy microsoft account did nothingwsreset did nothingWindows reinstall did...
  6. Can't sign in to my microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't sign in to my microsoft account: I updated my system and I needed a file which was backed up in onedrive. Now i can't sign to onedrive !!! and i can't signin to microsoft edge to browse too!! What should I do now???...
  7. Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. Administrator account

Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. Administrator account: I have Windows 10 Pro since its release. Today, I decided to switch the email account for the computer administrator account. The following steps outline the sequence of events; I logged in as a local account. Clicked on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead Followed the...
  8. Microsoft account is signed in as administrator, want to switch to standard user but can't...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft account is signed in as administrator, want to switch to standard user but can't...: I've just realized that I've been running as an administrator for my computer for a long time now and I would like to switch to a standard user however because I'm signed in with a Microsoft account and not a local account, I'm unable to create a new user as my standard user...
  9. microsoft accounts vs. prime user

microsoft accounts vs. prime user: I had an old computer lock-up. I'm setting up a new one now. I logged in using my phone number because I have Office 360 for email so if I used my email to start how would I be able to answer a verify email? Now I have 2 Microsoft Accounts. I was thinking of creating a...
  10. Can't sign in with microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign in with microsoft account: Trying to sign into Windows 10 but keep getting message "Something went wrong" or try later. I've been trying since install two weeks ago. 17282