Windows 10: Microsoft Account window wont display

Discus and support Microsoft Account window wont display in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10, with latest updates on a 32 bit desktop. Anything that tries to display the 'Microsoft Account' window displays a dark window titled... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by phil_harris, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Microsoft Account window wont display

Windows 10, with latest updates on a 32 bit desktop.

Anything that tries to display the 'Microsoft Account' window displays a dark window titled 'Microsoft Account' briefly then closes it:

'Accounts/Info/Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead' fails

'Accounts/Family/Sign in with a Microsoft Account' fails

'Accounts/Email/Add a work or school account' fails.

Account/Sync is disabled.

Sticky Notes cant sign in.

I can sign in to account.microsoft.com and outlook.com fine.

All was working fine a few weeks ago. Laptop works fine.

dism reports all ok.

sfc reports all ok.

:)

phil_harris, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Microsoft Account window wont display :(

Zakin, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Microsoft Account window wont display

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Microsoft Account window wont display

1. Microsoft Account window wont display - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account window

2. Microsoft Business/School account removal with no account on the User Accounts but wont...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Business/School account removal with no account on the User Accounts but wont...: Yep well you do wonder when it just takes forever if its worth doing but your ocd wants the laptop clean soooo.... As per the subject there is only the one account on my machine but in the settings under Accounts there are two. The first is the one that I am using and am...
  3. Microsoft Business/School account removal with no account on the User Accounts but wont...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Business/School account removal with no account on the User Accounts but wont...: Yep well you do wonder when it just takes forever if its worth doing but your ocd wants the laptop clean soooo.... As per the subject there is only the one account on my machine but in the settings under Accounts there are two. The first is the one that I am using and am...
  4. Change Display Name Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Display Name Microsoft Account?: On my family computer I am the only admin and I want to change my user account display name to admin. I signed into my Microsoft account for the user so I could manage family stuff from there, But it automatically sets my logon display name as James Hatcher. The name of the...
  5. Problem with local account displaying as if it were a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with local account displaying as if it were a Microsoft account: My wife signs into her office computer with a local account. This is verified by looking at the User Accounts section of Control Panel, where the account is labeled as Local. However, when she goes to settings > accounts > your info, it looks like Windows is confused about...
  6. Microsoft store account devices wont unlink

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store account devices wont unlink: Hi, i am currently having some trouble unlinking devices in my microsoft store account https://account.microsoft.com/devices/content it usually says that the device has been unlinked but now it says Try again later… We can’t unlink this laptop right now I have no idea...
  7. Microsoft Account Payment and Billing wont open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Account Payment and Billing wont open: I'm trying to update my payment methods on my Microsoft account but i keep getting an error saying it is on Microsoft end? I've been trying for days under new servers, computers and android to no avail? I even called customer support and said that they don't know what is...
  8. Outlook wont setup without a Microsoft account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook wont setup without a Microsoft account: Hi Guys, I have reinstalled one of my PC's with only a local account as Admin and installed Office 365 and the little sod (only nice word I can think of without swearing) wont let me set any email accounts up until I put a microsoft one in first, am I correct or am I missing...
  9. microsoft account display image changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft account display image changed: when I go to settings - your info above my Microsoft account display pic has changed automatically it is some nature pic but when I sign in to Microsoft account in browser it is same old how is it changed automatically...
  10. Microsoft Account Picture displayed without using Microsoft Account for login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Picture displayed without using Microsoft Account for login: Hi, My Microsoft Account Picture is being displayed without me using Microsoft Account for logging into my HP Laptop. I am using a local account for logging in. I tried deleting the picture but am not able to do so. Could I have some inputs on how to go ahead please....