Windows 10: Microsoft’s latest update for Skype brings phone SMS conversation to Windows 10

Discus and support Microsoft’s latest update for Skype brings phone SMS conversation to Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft today is rolling out a new update for Windows 10 Skype users enrolled as Insiders. The latest update brings phone SMS conversations to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 11, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Microsoft’s latest update for Skype brings phone SMS conversation to Windows 10

Microsoft today is rolling out a new update for Windows 10 Skype users enrolled as Insiders. The latest update brings phone SMS conversations to Windows 10 users. The latest update is available for download on Windows 10 and Android devices.

With “SMS Connect” users will be able to sync all the messages from Android to Windows 10. This feature allows them to read and reply to the message from the desktop Skype application.

To be able to pair your Android and Windows 10 device, users should be on the latest insider update version 8.30 and above. Once downloaded you will no longer be required to use your mobile phone to reply to messages in Skype since you can directly reply from the desktop.

You will also be able to receive MMS content like Photos and Videos along with the option of starting new conversations. To be able to use the SMS connect feature on both your Android phone and Windows 10 make sure to enable the feature on your Android device.

To enable you need to tap on your profile picture and go to Settings>Messaging>SMS and then enable SMS Connect. Once enabled users will be getting a similar experience as with the message integration which was rolled by the Redmond Giant to the Your Phone app for Windows 10 Insiders.

Microsoft advises the users that SMS Connect feature is no way a replacement to the Android phone’s default messaging application and the company suggests user to continue to use the messaging app to view SMS conversations.

Currently, the update is available for Skype Insiders and Microsoft promises that it is working on more improvements to the SMS Connect app in upcoming updates before it is rolled out to the public.

The post Microsoft’s latest update for Skype brings phone SMS conversation to Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 11, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

To Windows Mobile Insiders: Send SMS with Skype Preview

Source: To Windows Mobile Insiders: Send SMS with Skype Preview - Skype Blogs

See also:

Brink, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    You can now send SMS from the new Skype v8.13

Source: You can now send SMS from the new Skype - Microsoft Community

Brink, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Microsoft’s latest update for Skype brings phone SMS conversation to Windows 10

dorsetknob, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Microsoft’s latest update for Skype brings phone SMS conversation to Windows 10

1. Microsoft’s latest update for Skype brings phone SMS conversation to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microsoft’s latest update

2. Phone SMS CHANGE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone SMS CHANGE: Hello there, I am suffering from a problem with my Microsoft account on the laptop, as it asked me to update the program, but after I received the update, the PIN code for the laptop was stopped, and the problem is that it asks for my old phone number that does not work, and...
  3. Phone SMS CHANGE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone SMS CHANGE: Hello there, I am suffering from a problem with my Microsoft account on the laptop, as it asked me to update the program, but after I received the update, the PIN code for the laptop was stopped, and the problem is that it asks for my old phone number that does not work, and...
  4. Old Skype conversations

Old Skype conversations: Hello, I would like to look at some old Skype conversations, on account that I haven't used in 5+ years, but when I log in, there are no conversations and no contacts. I logged in with the same credentials as years back. Any idea what the problem is?...
  5. Microsoft Launcher’s new update brings Windows 10 Timeline to phones

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Launcher’s new update brings Windows 10 Timeline to phones: Microsoft Launcher for Android is picking up a big update today with a bunch of new features and improvements that many users are going to like. This update advances Microsoft Launcher to version 5 and adds support for Windows 10 Timeline. Microsoft Launcher 5 is available...
  6. How to view old skype conversations?

How to view old skype conversations?: I use skype and im trying to look at old conversations i have with a specific user. I want to go back 2 years or so but it seem to only go back 14 months. Is there a way i can view my old conversations all the way back there or even before that? Its an important chat because...
  7. Skype Bug Messes Up Conversations on Windows

Skype Bug Messes Up Conversations on Windows: Users recommended to install the previous Skype version Skype users have recently discovered a bug in the Windows version of the client that breaks down conversations and changes the order of the displayed messages. Posts on Microsoft’s support forums for Skype reveal...
  8. Latest Skype for Windows

Latest Skype for Windows: Skype for Windows v7.17.0.106 Download the full offline installer here: http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full 35898
  9. New in the latest update to Skype on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New in the latest update to Skype on Windows 10: Today, we’re excited to roll out an update to the Skype app on Windows 10 which makes it easier for you to stay in touch with friends from your Windows 10 devices. With the new update, you can easily share your files to Skype, react to messages, and get to your calls and...
  10. Update for bringing Skype for Business capabilities to Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 News
    Update for bringing Skype for Business capabilities to Microsoft Teams: Since the worldwide launch of Microsoft Teams a year ago, we continue to advance the vision for Intelligent Communications. This vision includes bringing a complete set of Skype for Business capabilities into Microsoft Teams and Teams as the core communications client in...