Windows 10: minidump file disappeared

Discus and support minidump file disappeared in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; on 04/12/2017 around 16 h I had a bsod but I was not with my laptop so I did not see the message of the bsod. I checked the directory minidump and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by louis14, Dec 4, 2017.

1. louis14 Win User

minidump file disappeared

on 04/12/2017 around 16 h I had a bsod but I was not with my laptop so I did not see the message of the bsod.
    I checked the directory minidump and I saw there was created a file.
    Today I checked again the minidump directory and the directory was empty!
    the file is not in my recycle bin.

Is this because of a setting in windows 10?

:)

louis14, Dec 4, 2017

2. Minidump files

Hi Mark,

The item in the link that you have provided doesn't exist anymore. What's the exact error message that you got when you experienced a blue screen error? In the meantime, we recommend that you follow the appropriate troubleshooting steps in this article:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . Remember not to skip any steps in that article.

Kindly get back to us once you've tried the steps in the article that we have provided.

Joshua Her1, Dec 4, 2017
  3. Minidump files

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps in the article that we have provided in our previous reply? If not, we recommend that you try them first. One of the troubleshooting methods in that article can be the possible solution to your concern. If the issue
    persists after trying them, kindly get back to us so we can continue with the troubleshooting.

We'll patiently wait for your response.

Joshua Her1, Dec 4, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello louis14 *Smile

There are a number of possible reasons but the most likely is that you have a disk cleanup utility running which deletes mini-dump files. One example is CCleaner. You can usually change the settings in these programs so that memory dump files are not deleted.

philc43, Dec 4, 2017
  5. louis14 Win User
    The laptop comes back from asus repair center (my reseller had to execute the setup procedure to setup windows 10) and I didn't install any program since I get my laptop back. I didn't execute the windows disk cleanup utility neither.
    I checked the task manager to find a disk process but I didn't find any
    So it's strange the minidump file disappaered.

louis14, Dec 4, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Dec 4, 2017
  7. louis14 Win User
    Hi philc43,

I executed the powershell command and I found this:

\Microsoft\Windows\DiskCleanup SilentCleanup

Can this be adâpted so it will not cleanup my minidump anymore?

louis14, Dec 4, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

Make sure the system error files are not being deleted by disk cleanup - use the 2nd link in my previous post.

philc43, Dec 4, 2017
  9. louis14 Win User
    I opened windows disk cleanup for c: drive.
    " files made by the system" where not selected.
    it's description was "files used for fault reporting"

louis14, Dec 4, 2017
  10. philc43 Win User
    All I can suggest is if you get a new BSOD then run the DM Log Collector (as explained in the BSOD posting instructions at the top of this page) as soon as possible and post it into this thread.

philc43, Dec 4, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    zbook, Dec 4, 2017
  12. louis14 Win User
    Thanks for the suggestions about dump info but I will discuss with asus to get my money back because I have already send my laptop already 3 times in repair and I have still the bsod problem.My laptop is very new.

louis14, Dec 5, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

Without the DM log collector we were not able to troubleshoot the logs. A new computer should not have BSOD problems. So if you can return it an get another you will save yourself a lot of time and troubleshooting.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. minidump file disappeared - Similar Threads - minidump file disappeared

2. Minidump files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minidump files: My PC has been having blue screens constantly everytime I open some certain games. There are sometimes minidump files for when it crashesThe error codes I have seen so far is:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERRORHere is the link to the dump filesMinidumpCan you...
  3. Minidump files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minidump files: I was told to give my minidump files after I keep crashing, so here they are: New folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minidump-files/d9570e0c-b978-46a3-9e37-b288687ca086
  4. Minidump files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minidump files: I was told to give my minidump files after I keep crashing, so here they are: New folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minidump-files/d9570e0c-b978-46a3-9e37-b288687ca086
  5. Minidump files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Minidump files: Bonjour je subi depuis plusieurs semaines des BSoD en jouant à Rainbow six siège.J'ai activé les minidump file dans les paramètres avancés du système et malgré différentes techniques suivies pour les activer ceux-ci ne se créent pas malgré le plantage. Avez vous une solution...
  6. Minidump files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minidump files: Bonjour je subi depuis plusieurs semaines des BSoD en jouant à Rainbow six siège.J'ai activé les minidump file dans les paramètres avancés du système et malgré différentes techniques suivies pour les activer ceux-ci ne se créent pas malgré le plantage. Avez vous une solution...
  7. MiniDump file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MiniDump file: Bonjour,Pour poser clairement mon problème, je subi depuis des mois des BSOD sur le même jeu Rainbow six siège. Alors que sur les autres jeux et sur mon Pc protable MSI de manière générale je ne vois aucun problème, et bien sur ce jeu en particulier impossible de jouer plus...
  8. minidump file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    minidump file: Looking for someone that can read a minidump file for me. My computer has gotten a BSOD pretty frequently in the past month and I've been able to debug and read the file but I have no idea what I'm looking at. If anyone could point me in the right direction at least that...
  9. minidump file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    minidump file: I've created the file in my Onedrive with the minidump file. But where do I send it for analysis?? How do I send it to Microsoft?? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minidump-file/51c8652d-0bb3-4746-b1ba-b29c5defcdd3
  10. MiniDump File

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MiniDump File: My PC has been crashing so I have a MiniDump file so you can try and find the problem https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApWRLLu5GQwsihWaMhIPOhsx8SC9?e=bCMbfn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minidump-file/b1050f57-0abb-49d4-8b5d-16754cbe8416

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 minidump disappear