Windows 10: Missing Power Plans on Dell Laptop after FCU

Discus and support Missing Power Plans on Dell Laptop after FCU in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After installing Fall creators update all power plans on my Dell Inspiron 5755 have vanished except for the "Balanced" option. In fact I have duplicate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DCOmega, Oct 20, 2017.

1. DCOmega Win User

Missing Power Plans on Dell Laptop after FCU

After installing Fall creators update all power plans on my Dell Inspiron 5755 have vanished except for the "Balanced" option. In fact I have duplicate Balanced options now when I click to show hidden plans. My High-Performance and Power Savings options, as I said, have vanished. I've tried the Regedit fixes but to no avail...so any advice or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks *Smile

:)

DCOmega, Oct 20, 2017

2. Missing hibernate functions

I followed instruction to chose what the power button does. And went to the power options then to "change settings that are unavailable".

there are only 2 options found: Lock and sleep. The hibernate function is missing.

This function was present and it is now missing after I sent this laptop DELL 15 i5559 TO DELL for repair.

They only replaced the power cord and adapter.

Power plan also does not show the hibernate functions anymore -- only sleep, lock and do nothing.

It was there prior to DELL service.

KIKO SEATTLE, Oct 20, 2017
  3. Battery Issue

i have been using Dell laptop so its currently on Dell power plan. before the update it was the same plan and it was doing good but now its not.

Thanks for your reply

Sizzlingsuraj, Oct 20, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 20, 2017
  5. DCOmega Win User
    It's great to know there isn't an error somewhere *Biggrin

DCOmega, Oct 20, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Oct 20, 2017
  7. Saltgrass Win User
    My Dell systems still show the Dell Power scheme. I must say, one system decided it did not want to shut down... I had to boot into the Bios and shutdown from there.

Saltgrass, Oct 20, 2017
  8. TwingKey Win User

Thank you very much for this detail information. This really solved my problem and question these days when I suddenly found only "Balanced" option available for my laptop. Then I think it is something to do with the insider build. None of the other solution from other sites tend to really understand the option at all. They all suggest something like change Registry key value but does not work in my case. I think the best way to get back the previous power plan is create your own custom power plan. Thanks a lot,

TwingKey, Nov 14, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm glad it could help TwingKey, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing Power Plans on Dell Laptop after FCU - Similar Threads - Missing Power Plans

2. Missing power plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing power plans: Hello, for some reason i am missing power plans, i tried to add them in manually by using some powercfg script but that didnt work and nothing changedheres the list of things ive tried:PowerCFG script thingyCMDRegeditAnd create a power planIs there any solution to this? I use...
  3. Missing power plans

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing power plans: Hello, for some reason i am missing power plans, i tried to add them in manually by using some powercfg script but that didnt work and nothing changedheres the list of things ive tried:PowerCFG script thingyCMDRegeditAnd create a power planIs there any solution to this? I use...
  4. Missing power plans

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Missing power plans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing power plans: Hey, I recently bought my first laptop for gaming, so I wanted to set it to high performances in the the control panel but every power plans are missing exept the normal plan I've tried some commands and it worked but when I change from power plans, they immediately...
  6. Missing power plans

Missing power plans: Hey, I recently bought my first laptop for gaming, so I wanted to set it to high performances in the the control panel but every power plans are missing exept the normal plan I've tried some commands and it worked but when I change from power plans, they immediately...
  7. power plan missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power plan missing: Why I have Balanced power plan only ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plan-missing/4557134e-3aea-4068-9a1a-146e38eb4e8d
  8. power plan missing

power plan missing: Why I have Balanced power plan only ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-plan-missing/4557134e-3aea-4068-9a1a-146e38eb4e8d
  9. power plan are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power plan are missing: Hello , since the last windows update my performance power plan simply vanished from windows i only have 1 option now , balanced power plan, i cannot add or modify the plan and now all my games are running at 30 fps or less , use to run all games at 60 fps . here you can see...
  10. Add Power Plans to Dell Laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add Power Plans to Dell Laptop: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 model with Win 10 Home. It only has one Power Plan, Balanced. My desktop (home built) has High Performance. Is there a way to get it on Win 10 Home? Or do I have to create my own power plan? I use the Laptop for my recording studio and want...