Windows 10: "MS Account" is already here

Discus and support "MS Account" is already here in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to change my setup from a local user to a MS Account - but when I try to do this I get the following message..."MS Account" is already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jack Knapp, Feb 6, 2019.

1. "MS Account" is already here

I am trying to change my setup from a local user to a MS Account - but when I try to do this I get the following message..."MS Account" is already here, Another user on this device uses this MS Account, so you can't add it here.

Background

I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and choose to install with a Local Account so I could define the user name rather than accept the auto generated one. I then installed OneDrive. Now when I try to change from Local to an MS Account I am stumped. I deleted OneDrive, and all references to my MS Account in the registry. Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

Jack Knapp, Feb 6, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

"MS Account" is already here

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

"MS Account" is already here [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Kari, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

"MS Account" is already here

1. "MS Account" is already here - Similar Threads - Account already here

2. Microsoft account is already here error message 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account is already here error message 2022: Hi,I have the exact same problem as a previous support question, but the solution didn't work.I created a clean user account which I want to link to my microsoft account.The old account has been deleted.I logged on to a web browser - my device does not appear.Tried the...
  3. Microsoft account is already here error message 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account is already here error message 2022: Hi,I have the exact same problem as a previous support question, but the solution didn't work.I created a clean user account which I want to link to my microsoft account.The old account has been deleted.I logged on to a web browser - my device does not appear.Tried the...
  4. Microsoft account is already here error message 2022

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. MS Store "not here"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store "not here": I like word puzzles/games. No matter which one I select MS Store always gives the message "Not here--probably don't have what you want" yet these game ads are all over the web. What's up?...
  6. MS Store "not here"

MS Store "not here": I like word puzzles/games. No matter which one I select MS Store always gives the message "Not here--probably don't have what you want" yet these game ads are all over the web. What's up?...
  7. Email is already here

Email is already here: I was just messig around and removed my microsoft account for no reason. But then I decided to put it back but when i tred it said that the email was already being used by another user but there is no other user. Then I also tried removeing all ther other accounts in Setting...
  8. Email is already here

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email is already here: I was just messig around and removed my microsoft account for no reason. But then I decided to put it back but when i tred it said that the email was already being used by another user but there is no other user. Then I also tried removeing all ther other accounts in Setting...
  9. Cannot link local account to Microsoft account as account 'here already'

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot link local account to Microsoft account as account 'here already': Hello, I linked my Microsoft account to an admin account on Windows, and then removed it. I shifted over to a new user profile and have tried to link to Microsoft, but I always get the message that the email is 'here already' even though I have deleted the old user account...
  10. Adding MS Account to domain user says account '... is here already'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding MS Account to domain user says account '... is here already': Have just upgraded my Surface Pro 2 with Win 10 Pro from Win 8.1. Tablet is a domain machine and the upgrade all went fine. The tablet was originally bought using my MS account and in the registry it has entries saying my MS account name (ie: my email address) is the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this microsoft account is already here

2. account is already here and windows 10

3. account already here

4. this account is already here,
  5. Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account so you cant add it here.,
  6. Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account 1903