Windows 10: MS Account

Discus and support MS Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I started using MS by mirroring one of my current online email accounts. I was using Outlook on a different laptop but have since moved on Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DrewDawson, Oct 4, 2019.

1. MS Account

Hi,

I started using MS by mirroring one of my current online email accounts. I was using Outlook on a different laptop but have since moved on Now I use Thunderbird and Gmail. I no longer have that laptop or Outlook. Now I use my Gmail account for everything, including MS. I think I need to change that as it has become confusing for me.

I'm getting an error now that my Gmail account is out of date. I've used the password for both accounts with no luck. I thought creating a new MS account would help with no luck.

I would like to keep my current account until my new one works the same as my old one.

I hope this all makes sense.

Thanks for your time reading this.

:)

DrewDawson, Oct 4, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

MS Account

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

MS Account [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Kari, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

MS Account

1. MS Account - Similar Threads - Account

2. Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...: I was prompted to create a Microsoft account on my laptop but I selected random numbers as my birthday so the system tagged me as a family member. The same email address was also registered as the administrator. I have since closed said account but on my device, I still can't...
  3. Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...: I was prompted to create a Microsoft account on my laptop but I selected random numbers as my birthday so the system tagged me as a family member. The same email address was also registered as the administrator. I have since closed said account but on my device, I still can't...
  4. Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to change my account name main folde?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my account name main folde?: Dear all,How do I change my folder name? C:\Users\<name>I tried changing in my microsoft account name and it didnt reflect in my folder.Even right clicking do not have such options.Please help me :...
  6. How to change my account name main folde?

How to change my account name main folde?: Dear all,How do I change my folder name? C:\Users\<name>I tried changing in my microsoft account name and it didnt reflect in my folder.Even right clicking do not have such options.Please help me :...
  7. How to change my account name main folde?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I'm having issues loading into just the home page, after I login to my account it goes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having issues loading into just the home page, after I login to my account it goes...: Hi,I recently tried to upgrade my rig from a 1070 to 5600xt however I came across some issue installing it. For whatever reason I couldn't get it to run as what it is meant to I uninstalled the nvidia driver and after no success I removed the amd drivers. So no success so I...
  9. I'm having issues loading into just the home page, after I login to my account it goes...

I'm having issues loading into just the home page, after I login to my account it goes...: Hi,I recently tried to upgrade my rig from a 1070 to 5600xt however I came across some issue installing it. For whatever reason I couldn't get it to run as what it is meant to I uninstalled the nvidia driver and after no success I removed the amd drivers. So no success so I...
  10. I'm having issues loading into just the home page, after I login to my account it goes...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging