Windows 10: MS account

Discus and support MS account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have since years a MS account. The newest is that I can't get into my details in the account anymore. MS makes it VERY VERY difficult for a simple... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NVFOX, Oct 28, 2019.

1. NVFOX Win User

MS account

I have since years a MS account. The newest is that I can't get into my details in the account anymore. MS makes it VERY VERY difficult for a simple user, which I am! I am not a hacker or anything like that, just want to change entries. What happened?

I wanted to enter my Privacy settings in the account. I can understand that MS wants to know my email address and then my password. But then it comes:

I entered the code MS gave me. I could enter 5 numbers/letters but then it stopped and did let me enter the rest of the code, where it was requested so.

I have the code in an email and it looks like this: 666HH-555TY-YYYYU-JKKKKK-12BBB. I entered 6666HH-55, and then it stopped, could not enter anything anymore. In the email is no explanation how enter: uppercase or lowercase and enter the dashes????? Anyway, whatever I do, it does not work.

The whole thing does not make sense at all. What shall I do? It is very ridiculous that I am unable to enter details of MY ACCOUNT! Is it one of these ridiculous MS failings as one sees them with every update of Windows 10. I think it is a quality problem. MS is losing its grip on quality.

Ha, Windows account is NOT a topic here????? Have to take a guess!

:)

NVFOX, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

MS account

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

MS account [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Thema:

MS account

1. MS account - Similar Threads - account

2. I downloaded something and it reset my account for a while and when I reset my laptop it...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I downloaded something and it reset my account for a while and when I reset my laptop it...: I downloaded something for a game I loved extremely and then my laptop suddenly reset itself and every file was gone... After a reset the laptop went back to normal... Please explain what is this......
  3. I downloaded something and it reset my account for a while and when I reset my laptop it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded something and it reset my account for a while and when I reset my laptop it...: I downloaded something for a game I loved extremely and then my laptop suddenly reset itself and every file was gone... After a reset the laptop went back to normal... Please explain what is this......
  4. I downloaded something and it reset my account for a while and when I reset my laptop it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...: I was prompted to create a Microsoft account on my laptop but I selected random numbers as my birthday so the system tagged me as a family member. The same email address was also registered as the administrator. I have since closed said account but on my device, I still can't...
  6. Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...: I was prompted to create a Microsoft account on my laptop but I selected random numbers as my birthday so the system tagged me as a family member. The same email address was also registered as the administrator. I have since closed said account but on my device, I still can't...
  7. Microsoft account that tagged as both family administrator and member was already closed...

8. How to change my account name main folde?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my account name main folde?: Dear all,How do I change my folder name? C:\Users\<name>I tried changing in my microsoft account name and it didnt reflect in my folder.Even right clicking do not have such options.Please help me :...
  9. How to change my account name main folde?

How to change my account name main folde?: Dear all,How do I change my folder name? C:\Users\<name>I tried changing in my microsoft account name and it didnt reflect in my folder.Even right clicking do not have such options.Please help me :...
  10. How to change my account name main folde?

in Windows 10 Customization