Windows 10: MS Accounts

Discus and support MS Accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had a previous MS account and I think it was being hacked at one time, so I closed out the email address it was under though through the ISP as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Louis Caporusso Jr, Jul 11, 2019 at 4:17 PM.

1. MS Accounts

I had a previous MS account and I think it was being hacked at one time, so I closed out the email address it was under though through the ISP as I moved out of state. Now I need to know if this account is still "open" as I try to login and MS is stating this account does not exist, which I was not able to manage and delete myself which confuses me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Louis Caporusso Jr, Jul 11, 2019 at 4:17 PM
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

4. Kari Win User

MS Accounts

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

MS Accounts [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Thema:

MS Accounts

1. MS Accounts - Similar Threads - Accounts

2. Problem with account message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with account message: I know longer have access to my school account but continue to receive messages stating I have a problem with my school account. How can I fix this problem when I can't access the account?...
  3. How to create a local account instead of using a Microsoft account windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to create a local account instead of using a Microsoft account windows 10: Hello. Ever since a recent update when setting up new computers, we are unable to create a local account. The only option we have is to sign in with a microsoft account which our customers are not very happy about. Is there a way around this?...
  4. Suddenly cannot open my email accounts (gmail/cox.net/yahoo)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suddenly cannot open my email accounts (gmail/cox.net/yahoo): I can see that these email accounts are there, but when I click, they don't open into my emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/suddenly-cannot-open-my-email-accounts/cbbcde0e-c6b3-4083-8582-98eb5b97e25b
  5. Can't Sign in to MineCraft Bedrock Edition for my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Sign in to MineCraft Bedrock Edition for my Microsoft account.: I had a lot of trouble in trying to download the bedrock edition, as I had the java edition a few years ago but haven't played in a long time. I finally managed to download it on my laptop, but when I attempt to sign in on my Microsoft account it just says its signing me in...
  6. Can't login to MS account on different devices/networks/apps

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to MS account on different devices/networks/apps: (I'm writing this post using alternative account) Hello, yesterday I bought new laptop with installed, but not activated W10. When I first fired it up I went straight to account settings to switch from local account to MS one. When I entered my email and then pass and...
  7. I redeemed a code on an account that I can't remembet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I redeemed a code on an account that I can't remembet: I redeemed a code for a game on a microsoft account a few years ago and i am unsure of what account i redeemed it on. Is there a way to view what account i redeemed the code on...
  8. deleting email accounts in mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting email accounts in mail: For some reason i am unable to remove accounts from mail. I have been into accounts section in mail and i have clicked on the account i want to delete but nothing happens. Normally the account comes up and you click on it are asked to edit or delete it in a page in the...
  9. Microsoft Account problem notification repeating itself

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account problem notification repeating itself: A few weeks ago, I had a Microsoft Account problem notification and I did what was asked when I opened the Settings > System > Shared Experiences > Fix now. I got the notification a couple of times even after hitting Fix now. [img] [img] This is how my settings are now...
  10. Account problem causing Settings Panel Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account problem causing Settings Panel Problem: The Settings panel on my Windows 10 Pro production system opens full screen. I had another thread about the problem and with troubleshooting assistance the problem has been isolated to my Win 10 account. I can create another account and the Settings panel opens "normal" size....