Windows 10: MS Family Account - Always allow app

Discus and support MS Family Account - Always allow app in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; On one of my children's accounts, I want to always allow an app on her laptop, but I see no way to always allow that app. There is a way to block it,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Bugg77, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Bugg77 Win User

MS Family Account - Always allow app

On one of my children's accounts, I want to always allow an app on her laptop, but I see no way to always allow that app. There is a way to block it, but not add to the always allow list.

Also, this app is not on a block list and I don't have time limit restrictions applied, but they need to request permission every morning to use that app.

:)

Bugg77, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Arnie Est Win User

family account

Hi Natasha,

About your concern, your son's account is under Family account which limits your child in downloading apps that is inappropriate for his age. To manage your family account, you may follow the steps below:

• Go to
      account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with your Microsoft account.

• Select the child whose settings you want to manage from the list of children in your Family.

• Choose what to turn on or change for your child's account:
    • Recent activity allows you to see what websites they've been visiting, what apps and games they've been using, and how much time they've been spending on their devices.
    • Web browsing lets you choose what websites your child can and can't see.
    • Apps & games allows you to limit the apps and games your child can download from the Windows Store. It also lets you unblock any app or game you’ve blocked previously.
    • Screen time allows you to set the maximum amount of time they can spend on their devices.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Arnie Est, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

MS Family Account - Always allow app [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

4. Ferdz Amp Win User

How to block apps for a family member account

Thank you for the response.

You need to turn on the Recent activity setting for that child account, this will allow you to see what apps and games they've been using, and on the same page you will be able to add that specific app on the block list.

Refer to this support article for the steps on how to:
    Manage family settings

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

1. MS Family Account - Always allow app - Similar Threads - Family Account Always

2. Cant add MS account of child to the "family"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant add MS account of child to the "family": I create MS account for my child, I send the invitation from my MS account, I try to ask for permition from Childs account when I login as a child"... I already try to do this with MS support... Still I cant "add child to family". Every try end with the same answer from MS:...
  3. MS family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS family: How can I absolutely end MS family?! And erase all the information saved.!!! I am the organisator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-family/f6f73a41-d90c-4b9e-8217-7800e658d531
  4. MS family

MS family: How can I absolutely end MS family?! And erase all the information saved.!!! I am the organisator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-family/f6f73a41-d90c-4b9e-8217-7800e658d531
  5. Allowing drawing tablet drivers on a family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Allowing drawing tablet drivers on a family account: Hi. my son is using a Microsoft account with parental controls and has a drawing tablet he would like to set up to his computer, but in order for the tablet to work, the tablet driver needs to be installed. the problem with this is that every time he wants to use the tablet...
  6. Allowing drawing tablet drivers on a family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allowing drawing tablet drivers on a family account: Hi. my son is using a Microsoft account with parental controls and has a drawing tablet he would like to set up to his computer, but in order for the tablet to work, the tablet driver needs to be installed. the problem with this is that every time he wants to use the tablet...
  7. Allowing drawing tablet drivers on a family account

8. Family Safety - "always allowed" feature not working

Family Safety - "always allowed" feature not working: My child needs access to Google classrooms for school work. However, I want him to only have access to specific websites rather than him have full internet access. When I add specific websites to "always allowed" following a child sending a permission to me as a parent, it...
  9. family account not allowing sign in.

family account not allowing sign in.: why is the child account locked out and it shows as fine in the main account? What are we doing wrong????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-account-not-allowing-sign-in/33781147-2e11-40f5-aaf4-d78dbd60aebe
  10. MS Family

MS Family: [ATTACH] I am having difficulties with my MS Family account. I have three children in the family group and each has the same error message "update your child’s Windows 10 device to get the family features to work". All the Win 10 devices we own are fully updated and I have...