Windows 10: Multiple problems with taskbar

Discus and support Multiple problems with taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Easiest to explain the problem with a screenshot (attached). I use small icons, with text labels, never combined. Instead of the text of the icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jshowalter, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Multiple problems with taskbar

Easiest to explain the problem with a screenshot (attached). I use small icons, with text labels, never combined. Instead of the text of the icon filling the space to the right, I just get blank rectangular regions (with the contrast color peeking out below).

And over on the right, where is the double up arrow? And where is the clock?

This happened immediately after upgrading from 8.1. It is the only problem I'm having with Windows 10. Unfortunately, I depend on the taskbar for much of my work, so this is really getting in the way.

I've tried every possible combination of themes, personalization, etc. Nothing fixes this.
    Multiple problems with taskbar [​IMG]

:)

jshowalter, Aug 12, 2015

2. How to show video clips on my schools projector in extend mode?

Taskbar is now shown on all monitors by default. With multiple monitors attached, Windows 10 will draw the taskbar across each monitor. By default, all taskbar icons are displayed on the main monitor and a blank taskbar on the other monitors. To configure
    the taskbar for multiple monitors using Taskbar Properties:

Open Start > Settings > Personalization > Taskbar

Under Multiple display, toggle 'Show taskbar on all displays.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Gone?

I had this same problem and I have multiple screens (8). None of the methods described earlier worked for me, but the following did work to fix the problem:

1. Go to Settings and click on Taskbar

2. At the bottom of the page is a section titled Multiple displays, scroll down to it.

3. Toggle "Show all display" Off and then back on. Doing this brought the icons back to the main screen's taskbar. The other 7 monitors which also have a taskbar still had no icons.

4. Change the dropdown list selection below "Show taskbar on all displays", called "Show taskbar buttons on", to "All taskbars". For some reason it had been changed to the middle option "Main taskbar and taskbar where window is open". If it is already set
    to "All taskbars" change it to one of the other two options and then back again and your icons should now be restored on all of the taskbars across all monitors.

Hope this helps.

TimBarnard, Aug 12, 2015
  4. Multiple problems with taskbar

Slartybart, Aug 13, 2015
  5. Unfortunately, I've already tried those. When I set the color on the taskbar, it changes what peeks out under the blank rectangles, but the overall taskbar is unaffected.

No instructions anywhere online depict my taskbar, nor explain how to fix it. And all I did was upgrade to Windows 10.

jshowalter, Aug 14, 2015
  6. Doh! It's caused by the Classic Shell utility.

jshowalter, Aug 14, 2015
  7. Please post screenshots of your personalization panels - I's like to see what colors are set, the back setting, and the theme setting.

Thanks.

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Multiple problems with taskbar

1. Multiple problems with taskbar - Similar Threads - Multiple problems taskbar

2. Multiple Display Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Display Taskbar: I have this problem where it won't let me turn on taskbar for multiple displays, I have searched for a way to fix this, but I have not found anything. I have also tried using display fusion, but you need to pay for pro to get the multiple monitor taskbar....
  3. Multiple taskbar on a screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple taskbar on a screen: Guys, Please, can u advise about this? Sometimes i see multiple taskbars on a screen, they dissapear when i move mouse. I am using w10home, 64bit. Thank you. [img] 175899
  4. Taskbars on Multiple Displays

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbars on Multiple Displays: One thing that has always annoyed me with Windows 10 is the way that if you have two or more displays, the taskbar on the secondary displays is not the same as the primary display. On secondary displays you are not allowed to add Toolbars to the taskbar. This is a real pain...
  5. taskbars on multiple displays

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbars on multiple displays: i just decided to hook up my old 4:3 display up to my laptop and since i decided to line them up better by putting the 4:3 above the original display and my setup is jank as hell so i can't raise it higher, the taskbar is blocked by the bottom display, so i was wondering if...
  6. Taskbar and multiple displays.

Taskbar and multiple displays.: I have three monitors and I have no problem duplicating the main taskbar on all of them. The problem is, I am using the "quick launch" toolbar. Unfortunately, it does not appear on secondary monitors and there is no option to add a toolbar. The popup menu is not the same and...
  7. Multiple taskbars

Multiple taskbars: Hi all! Hope you are all doing alright considering the crisis we have on our hands. Short question: Is there any way to have my windows 10 taskbar running accross two extended displays but not appearing on a third. If anyone has any suggestions for software that can do...
  8. Taskbar on multiple monitors

Taskbar on multiple monitors: My work computer was recently upgraded to windows 10. On previous version I used a 3rd party software to extend the taskbar onto 2nd monitor. I liked that ONLY those active tasks displayed on the 2nd monitor, since I do not want icons for tasks opened on primary monitor...
  9. Multiple problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple problems: I think this all relates to the 1909 upgrade but have reverted to 1903 and the problems persist. Problem 1. My Epson XP-720 printer is now listed as a "Device" and as such will not print unless I load the print queue and then restart the computer. Problem 2. The computer...
  10. Multiple Flashing Taskbars | Problem

Multiple Flashing Taskbars | Problem: So recently, I had this issue for about 1-2 months and it was really annoying since I couldn't play games, I couldn't code in Visual Studio 2017, and much more! I have attached a picture of the computer bugging out and also a video of it. I may respond to any questions...