Windows 10: Mute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Discus and support Mute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Mute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Mute and Unmute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Mute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to: Mute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to Mute and Unmute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17035, a new experience for muting a tab playing audio in Microsoft Edge has been introduced.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17704, Microsoft updated Microsoft Edge so that even if a tab is not actively playing audio you will now be able to preemptively mute it from the context menu when right-clicking the tab.

This tutorial will show you how to mute and unmute a tab playing audio in Microsoft Edge for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Mute or Unmute a Tab in Microsoft Edge from Audio Icon
    • Option Two: Mute or Unmute a Tab in Microsoft Edge from Tab Context Menu

EXAMPLE: Mute-a-tab in Microsoft Edge

Mute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Mute or Unmute a Tab in Microsoft Edge from Audio Icon
    1. While in Microsoft Edge, click/tap on the audio icon on a tab playing audio to mute or unmute the tab. (see screenshots below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Mute or Unmute a Tab in Microsoft Edge from Tab Context Menu
    1. While in Microsoft Edge, right click on or press and hold on a tab playing audio, and click/tap on Mute tab or Unmute tab. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 12, 2016
  2. adamaii Win User

How do I make Microsoft Edge always muted? Must be muted by default.

Hello I have an interest in muting Microsoft edge permanently. I don't want to hear any sound from any tab on it, but I do need to have the computer's other apps unmuted.

I have tried a commonly suggested program called EarTrumpet, but it doesn't remember mute status, or volume status for Edge, even though it does for every other program I have ever installed.

How can I mute Microsoft Edge? I will not be able to manually mute each tab, every time it is opened so I need a solution that will put it in a muted state by default.

adamaii, Oct 26, 2019
  3. alex07 Win User
    Any way to mute Microsoft Edge? It doesn't show up in the Mixer screen

Microsoft Edge now supports feature to mute a tab or multiple tabs. You just need to click on volume icon of audio playing tab. However, this feature has come with preview build (17035) of Windows 10 and not in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. So, this will be a native feature of Microsoft Edge in the next update of Windows 10.
    Source: How To Mute Individual Tabs In Microsoft Edge Browser

alex07, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Kelemvor Win User

Any way to mute Microsoft Edge? It doesn't show up in the Mixer screen

Howdy,

I'm looking for a way that I can completely Mute certain Edge tabs or just Edge in general. When I open up the Sound Mixer, I see various programs that I can mute, Chrome, Firefox, etc but Edge doesn't show up in the list. Is there any other way to mute Edge specifically that anyone knows of?

Thanks.

Kelemvor, Oct 26, 2019
  5. adamaii Win User
    How do I make Microsoft Edge always muted? Must be muted by default.

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion, this is useful but I am needing to have muted videos playing through edge so I was looking for something similar to addons for Chrome and Firefox that mute the whole application even if there are videos with sound playing through a website. I understand this is not a common need, thanks for trying!

adamaii, Oct 26, 2019
  6. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Mute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mute Tab Microsoft

2. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  3. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  4. Microsoft Edge tabs are faded in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge tabs are faded in Windows 10: Why does the web content in the Microsoft Edge tabs look faded sometimes? If you face this issue, you may need to disable the Sleeping tabs in Edge. This can happen if you have not used or accessed that for a couple of hours – but I recently got to see the faded Edge tab a...
  5. Enlarge tab fonts in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enlarge tab fonts in Microsoft Edge: How can fonts in tabs be increased in Windows Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enlarge-tab-fonts-in-microsoft-edge/50a31e7c-f3ec-4125-a29d-a6d3bd3903ee
  6. Microsoft Edge Shrunk Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Shrunk Tabs: I'm using Microsoft Edge ver. 84.0.515.0 (Official build) canary (32-bit). The problem is, whenever I open more than one full tab, they'll start to shrink until I can barely see them. Even if it's just two open tabs. I didn't have this problem back when I first started...
  7. Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab

in Cortana
    Microsoft edge closing and repoening a tab: I have looked at the same question yet the methods do not work how to fix???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-closing-and-repoening-a-tab/e299e48b-3741-4de0-a6dc-0ee06ba1c335"
  8. Unlike Chrome, Microsoft’s new Edge lets you mute tabs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Unlike Chrome, Microsoft’s new Edge lets you mute tabs on Windows 10: In many ways, Microsoft’s newly launched Chromium-powered Edge browser is better than Google Chrome. For example, it comes with a modern interface, icons in the menu for accessibility, customizable profile icons and more. The browser is also set to receive smooth scrolling,...
  9. Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Microsoft Edge Tab Preloading in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  10. Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Pin and Unpin Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...