Windows 10: My annoying M/S account prompt

Discus and support My annoying M/S account prompt in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Quite often in the notification area, I get a prompt about my M/S Outlook account, and as far as I know, it was closed weeks ago as I requested it so.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by frenchman96, Nov 11, 2016.

1. My annoying M/S account prompt

Quite often in the notification area, I get a prompt about my M/S Outlook account, and as far as I know, it was closed weeks ago as I requested it so.

See attachment

:)

frenchman96, Nov 11, 2016

2. Keep getting e-mails saying Craiglist full from an unknown source on my PC.

Hi, I`m using a Chrome Browser.

The e-mails; read, 'Craiglist full', as i explained i got given a laptop and decided to use it for reference pictures being an artist. So now i`m getting e-mails from his account; on my PC!! No
    it does not show any subscription content, it`s just annoying!

Thanks for your assistance. M Ritchie

MalcolmRitchie, Nov 11, 2016
  3. MIKEMCCZO Win User
    M/S Account passwowds. Comp sign in only allows PIN. When I try Cloud M/S says I must change password

This is now at the place where I need to reset ALL my M/S passwords to just one like B4 win10.
    Seems like there should be a relatively simple (?) solution for this. Sometimes I get a notice at my desktop to fix my M/S account that is referring to my M/S Cloud account that says I must change my M/S password so other M/S accounts will work properly
    (?) I have no idea what this is all about. The rest of the computer seems to be working ok, boot times etc.

Computer is a 3yr old HP Pavilion AIO 64bit

MIKEMCCZO, Nov 11, 2016
  4. nt62 Win User

My annoying M/S account prompt

5. nt62
    as I said in my post, my account is closed, I hardly ever used it when open, and no, it does not stop me doing anything, but I dont like pop ups/remindrs etc, if they can be prevented.;

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello frecnhman96, *Smile

You may have closed your MSA, but did you switch to a local account on your PC, or are you still using the MSA?

If you are still using the MSA on the PC to sign in to Windows 10 or the Store, then that is why you are getting this message.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 11, 2016
  7. brink

So solution is to do what please?

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

First, you will need to determine if you are still signing into Windows 10 with the same Microsoft account (MSA) that you closed.

If so, then switching to a local account as nt62 posted above should stop this for you.

In addition, double check that you are also not signing into any other device (ex: Windows 10 Mobile phone) with this closed MSA.

Brink, Nov 11, 2016
  9. In anticipation of your suggestion, I went to user account, c/on the option" open in local accout).

It signed me out, restarted, but problem still there?

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 11, 2016
  11. Brink

You need to take me through that procedure please, as I seem to be in my local account ok

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you don't see your MSA while doing step 2 in OPTION ONE of the tutorial above, then you are not signed in to the Store with your MSA.

Brink, Nov 11, 2016
  13. My annoying M/S account prompt

So, although it seems that I am using a local account, why/how am I still getting that prompt

frenchman96, Nov 12, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Are you signed in to the Store with the MSA?

Brink, Nov 12, 2016
  15. Sorry, but I dont know what you mean

frenchman96, Nov 12, 2016
Thema:

1. My annoying M/S account prompt - Similar Threads - annoying account prompt

2. command prompt in S mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    command prompt in S mode: I cannot find command prompt or Powershell ANYWHERE on my new laptop. I get an error message about the app not being safe due to S mode on my computer. Anyone know how to run a command in S mode? Surely there's a way around this! The whole reason I need this is because I...
  3. command prompt in S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    command prompt in S mode: I cannot find command prompt or Powershell ANYWHERE on my new laptop. I get an error message about the app not being safe due to S mode on my computer. Anyone know how to run a command in S mode? Surely there's a way around this! The whole reason I need this is because I...
  4. command prompt in S mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sign in prompt is annoying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in prompt is annoying: So this sign in required prompt keeps popping up ever since my college classes ended. When I go click on sign in it will only let me sign in with my expired college email that doesn't work and when I do with my personal windows account it says it doesn't accept it. I tried...
  6. Sign in prompt is annoying

Sign in prompt is annoying: So this sign in required prompt keeps popping up ever since my college classes ended. When I go click on sign in it will only let me sign in with my expired college email that doesn't work and when I do with my personal windows account it says it doesn't accept it. I tried...
  7. Annoying sign in prompt due to changing my phone number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Annoying sign in prompt due to changing my phone number: **** do you keep sending me this pop up to tell me what I already know and why does it take 30 frikken days to be sorted out?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-sign-in-prompt-due-to-changing-my-phone/855b41d9-513c-4904-ba89-035fad8468ad
  8. Can M/S reset password if laptop is registered on M/S account?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can M/S reset password if laptop is registered on M/S account?: Can M/S reset password if laptop is registered on M/S account? Too long to explain, but none of the reset pw options work for me. If M/S can reset, does anyone contact number or email or phone number. I do not care if data is lost....
  9. Downloading M/S works

Downloading M/S works: Anti Virus-Norton Will not let this download - Unsafe _ What to do..? I Like this Program.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-ms-works/fa903b4c-7d6f-4828-a445-563ecba9cf81
  10. Printer will not work with M S Publisher

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer will not work with M S Publisher: G'day, When I print everything apart from Publisher it works fine. When I try and print my Labels using publisher it does not print. I receive a pop up saying my printer is off line. When I click Diagnose is say not on line. My printer is connected with a cable. Please...