Windows 10: My Laptop is creating a local account itself.

Discus and support My Laptop is creating a local account itself. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My laptop creates a local account when I connect to the internet. I remove it every time but it appears. I ranMalwarebytes but it wasn't helpful.Please... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Misuri Malindika, Mar 16, 2020.

1. My Laptop is creating a local account itself.

My laptop creates a local account when I connect to the internet. I remove it every time but it appears. I ranMalwarebytes but it wasn't helpful.Please help me.

:)

Misuri Malindika, Mar 16, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

My Laptop is creating a local account itself. [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

4. My Laptop is creating a local account itself.

Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. My Laptop is creating a local account itself. :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

My Laptop is creating a local account itself.

1. My Laptop is creating a local account itself. - Similar Threads - Laptop creating local

2. Disable creating local accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable creating local accounts: I am the only user of my PC Win 11, and I have multiple content blockers in the form of DNS filter, applications, extensions. However by creating a local account I am able to bypass some of these. I am looking for a way to disable creating any other kind of account on my PC....
  3. Disable creating local accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable creating local accounts: I am the only user of my PC Win 11, and I have multiple content blockers in the form of DNS filter, applications, extensions. However by creating a local account I am able to bypass some of these. I am looking for a way to disable creating any other kind of account on my PC....
  4. Creating a duplicate local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a duplicate local account: I am wanting to create a duplicate local user account in Windows 11 so that settings such as how the taskbar and start menu are set up, notifications settings, etc. move over. How can I do this?...
  5. Creating a duplicate local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a duplicate local account: I am wanting to create a duplicate local user account in Windows 11 so that settings such as how the taskbar and start menu are set up, notifications settings, etc. move over. How can I do this?...
  6. Problems creating local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems creating local account: Hi everyone My Colleague has a new Dell laptop and it windows 10 professional but his unable to create a local account Creates the account either through add new user or manage adding username password etc but when he logs out and back in he cannot see the new user when...
  7. LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT CREATED

LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT CREATED: Hello, There is a third account Which I can assure you i never made named "Administrator" and it is the local admin, so it has full control over my computer, not me. There are many things that do not work because of this. This "new" administrator has also changed the...
  8. My pc is creating a local account automatically

My pc is creating a local account automatically: My pc is creating a local account on it self. I deleted it but when I shut down and on it again the local account is there as the same. Please help me to solve this....
  9. A second user account was created by itself.

A second user account was created by itself.: Hello, I have a very strange issue that I simply can not figure out. My system has only one user account which has full admin. I set up netplwiz to simply log into windows without any authentication needed (yeah, yeah, I know, but the computer remains at home in a locked...
  10. My Computer Created A New Local Disk (E:) By Itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Computer Created A New Local Disk (E:) By Itself: My computer created a new local disk (E:) by itself after update... Why? And how can I erase it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-created-a-new-local-disk-e-by-itself/f50a7dc4-64ed-410f-9a62-bc09a3d8f5b2"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Local Account created by itself