Windows 10: My laptop is stuck at v1607

Discus and support My laptop is stuck at v1607 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have not been able to update for months. Today this came up: [img] Before: [img] This is my build: [img] This is my laptop:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mAReDux, Feb 1, 2018.

1. mAReDux Win User

My laptop is stuck at v1607

mAReDux, Feb 1, 2018

2. My laptop is restarting and is stuck at 64% during a factory reset

Hello Ben,

We noticed that this post has been inactive for a while now. Are you still experiencing the same issue? Did our recommendation resolve your concern? If not, please let us know so we can help you out.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Loreto Osa, Feb 1, 2018
  3. My laptop is restarting and is stuck at 64% during a factory reset

Hi

My laptop,An Acer R11 2 in 1 and it was slow.

So i did a factory reset and it suddenly turned off the computer during the reset

Now when I turn on the Laptop It says Preparing and shows 64% and then restarts

Please Help

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

DharenFifakingdamm, Feb 1, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, given your build (14393.2007) it seems Windows update is working.

However you can't upgrade.

Please perform the following basic checks:
    Check your disk:
    Download and run Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) and post its GUI.
    If ok check your file system:
    From an admin command prompt run
    chkdsk c: /scan
    then if ok
    SFC /SCANNOW

and post the results.

Please post a screenshot of your partitions using Minitool Partition Wizard, expanding columns as necessary so all text is visible.

Note that if there was unallocated space available you may now find multiple Recovery partitions present.

Is there a BIOS update available?

Please read the red and yellow sections (including any links) of this:
    Upgrade to Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    which helps prepare for an upgrade.

Here they are:
    Also 'Here's How' 1 & 2.

Try
    Reset Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials

Considering your error number 0x8007000d
    See:
    Fix: Windows 10 Update Error 0x8007000d - Appuals.com
    and the relevant paragraphs (Method 2,3 only) of
    How to fix Windows 10 upgrade error 0x8007000d

Make sure you have no unnecessary peripherals connected, esp. wireless.
    Uninstall or reverse anything that makes significant changes to the GUI.

When ready to again try to upgrade, perform a manual upgrade:
    Download a Win 10 ISO and create a bootable disk using the media creation tool.
    Then log in as usual, and attempt the upgrade - without updates- by running Setup.exe on the disk.

dalchina, Feb 1, 2018
  5. zbook New Member
    1) Please run this log collector and post a zip into this thread:
    log collector v2-beta08.zip

2) Update the system specs in the "My Computer" section:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

3) Download and install Everything: voidtools

4) Use everything to search for these files and post a zip or one drive or drop box share links into the thread:
    (only some of them will be found so post whatever you find)
    PANTHER logs
    C:\Windows\Panther
    setuperr.log
    setupact.log
    Setupmem.dmp
    setupapi.dev.log
    BlueBox.log
    Event logs (*.evtx)
    C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Rollback
    $Windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback\setupmem.dmp
    $Windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback\setupapi\setupapi.dev.log
    $Windows.~bt\Sources\Rollback*.evtx
    $Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther\UnattendGC
    miglog.xml
    Windows\Logs\Mosetup

5) Open the website for the computer or motherboard manufacturer > enter product or serial number or model > select the operating system > view drivers > post a URL or hyperlink into the thread

zbook, Feb 1, 2018
  6. mAReDux Win User
    I did my best to do all these things. I could not locate #5. Sorry it took me a while. I just finished my internet quota for a month in 10 days because Windows redownloads the update 5 times a day. Files you asked for are here:

Uploadfiles.io - All files.rar

It was 12 mb so I couldn't upload directly

mAReDux, Feb 10, 2018
  7. mAReDux Win User
    Scannow says:

Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

I'm attaching Hard Disk Sentinel thingy.

My laptop is stuck at v1607 [​IMG]

I will try to do what you said at the end of your post. Tell me if I forgot something please I'm kind of overwhelmed

mAReDux, Feb 10, 2018
  8. dalchina New Member

Ok, your disk partitions show Windows partitions are split across two drives. That, I believe, is a configuration you cannot upgrade.

It is possible to get all your Windows partitions onto 1 disk.

Your Hard Disk Sentinel screenshot should look like this:

dalchina, Feb 10, 2018
  9. mAReDux Win User
    Is this ok?

What can I do to get my partitions onto 1 disk?

mAReDux, Feb 10, 2018
  10. ThrashZone, Feb 10, 2018
  11. Hi,
    What you can try is move all your personal files music.... to the other nearly empty disk then see how much room it saves on the ssd C disk.

ThrashZone, Feb 10, 2018
  12. dalchina New Member
    Thanks @ThrashZone- yes, you need at least as much free space on your system disk as your existing Windows folder before upgrading, plus some spare for normal operation.

Best practice is not to have your personal files on your system disk. It depends what makes up the bulk of your files on C: - you can examine that e.g. with WinDirStat (free).

If you can move enough files, you have a chance. Else as said, consider a bigger disk. I would expect you to be experiencing poor performance given the inadequate free space on C: (page file problems).

To get all windows partitions onto one disk, you would
    - create an image of C:
    - delete the Windows partitions on the other disk
    - clean install Windows onto your system disk
    - restore your image of C: in place of the newly created one

dalchina, Feb 10, 2018
  13. My laptop is stuck at v1607

Hi,
    As far as I can tell only sharing between disks is the system boot loader is on disk 2 fairly normal with 2 disks
    Op just hasn't been using the disk 2 much at all and disk 1 is 10gb's from being full.

ThrashZone, Feb 10, 2018
  14. dalchina New Member
    The first 3 partitions on Disk 2 are Windows partitions.

At this point it's hardly worth looking at the update logs, given the very basic problem of disk space.

dalchina, Feb 10, 2018
  15. mAReDux Win User
    But I have had this problem for months and only very recently have I had low disk space. The only reason I didn't free space is because I want Windows to stop downloading the update because it's finishing my internet quota. I can instantly free up space no problem with that.

Given this information do you guys still believe the reason I can't update is the partitions being on separate disks? This "$WINDOWS.~TMP" file didn't use to be in my D: file. Maybe it just put it there because there was no space in C: and has nothing to do with me not being able to upgrade?

mAReDux, Feb 10, 2018
Thema:

1. My laptop is stuck at v1607 - Similar Threads - laptop stuck v1607

2. my laptop is stuck in a loophole.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop is stuck in a loophole.: i tried to sign in to my laptop, but it says "your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device.". so i tried to set up my pin, but it says "user profile service failed to sign in." and send me back to lock screen, i tried safe mode,...
  3. my laptop is stuck in a loophole.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop is stuck in a loophole.: i tried to sign in to my laptop, but it says "your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device.". so i tried to set up my pin, but it says "user profile service failed to sign in." and send me back to lock screen, i tried safe mode,...
  4. My Laptop is stuck on Startup.nsh

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop is stuck on Startup.nsh: My Mecer Laptop is currently stuck on startup.nsh after I tried to restart it. Pressing the ESC button is not working. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-stuck-on-startupnsh/791fba69-3fcf-4652-9b8f-78c42ba5d9b9
  5. My Laptop is stuck on Startup.nsh

My Laptop is stuck on Startup.nsh: My Mecer Laptop is currently stuck on startup.nsh after I tried to restart it. Pressing the ESC button is not working. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-stuck-on-startupnsh/791fba69-3fcf-4652-9b8f-78c42ba5d9b9
  6. my laptop is stuck at 0%

my laptop is stuck at 0%: for the past 2 days, my laptop has been on 0%. it has been plugged in because when I take out the charger it dies immediately. i don't know what to do and I have school coming up. anything would help....
  7. Stuck on configuration my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on configuration my laptop: my laptop I can't get it to do anything it's stuck on configuring failure figuring Windows updating for 3 days it's been stuck on that I turn it off and on and it comes to that will let me press any buttons everything's been plugged nothing is working it's still stuck when I...
  8. Still stuck at Windows 10 v1607...what is the real solution ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still stuck at Windows 10 v1607...what is the real solution ?: Hello everyone So i am stuck on windows 1607 because i can't go through the update process, in fact when the installation process shows up update circle and tells me that the pc is going to reboot several times. The screen then goes black and from the sound of the fans i...
  9. My laptop clock is stuck

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop clock is stuck: Windows 10 Clock is stuck between 3:00 and 4:00 that is PM and the date of it is 3/8/2019. I have been working since 7:00am on 3/9/2019, but the clock reaches 4:00 PM 3/8/2019 and then it goes to 3:01 PM on 3/8/2019. I have not done anything about it as yet.... but this...
  10. My laptop is stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is stuck in a loop: Hello! My laptop is stuck in a loop. I turn it on and it goes past the loading page, it then switches to a black page and says "attempting to recover installation" and "Restoring your previous version of windows" and then quickly shuts off before restarting the entire...