Windows 10: My LG Smartshare software doesn't let Windows 10 shutdown

Discus and support My LG Smartshare software doesn't let Windows 10 shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am a proud owner of two wonderful LG TV's -- the OLED65E7 and the 65SJ8500. Both are great. I love the WebOS 3.5 interface and everything seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mystiky, Dec 13, 2017.

1. mystiky Win User

My LG Smartshare software doesn't let Windows 10 shutdown

I am a proud owner of two wonderful LG TV's -- the OLED65E7 and the 65SJ8500. Both are great.
    I love the WebOS 3.5 interface and everything seem to work.

The only problem I have encountered is that I am using Windows 10 Pro x64 as my SmartShare device (I stream from it all my videos, Mp3's, etc). When I try to shut down Windows 10, my system shut-down gets "stuck", and I have to forcefully end the "SmartShareDMS" app in order for the shutdown to complete.

I am using this version of the software, which I assume is the latest one: LG_SmartShare_WAL_33_2.3.1511.1201

1) How can fix this issue?
    2) How can I have SmartShare auto-load every time Windows 10 starts? There is no option for this that I could find within the settings of the Smartshare.

I also attach the screen image of the shut-down issue that I am having.

Thanks everyone for your insight.

:)

mystiky, Dec 13, 2017
  2. Atbha Win User

LG E900 80004005 error

Hi All,

Just to add a note to my problem. The phone which got updated sucesfully does not have LG updates. The phone with an issue is updated to latest LG updates. It has LG app "smartshare" as compared to "playto". hope it hepls.

Atbha, Dec 13, 2017
  3. LCRT Win User
    how do i use smart share

the only smartshare app I'e found so far is made by LG, not Microsoft... complaining without pointing to the actual app (like a link to the store) takes you nowhere.

4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Dec 13, 2017
  5. essenbe Win User
    As far as startup, create a shortcut to the program on your Desktop, then navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp and place the shortcut from your Desktop in there. Iy should be set to start with windows. Iff not, you can start or stop it from Task Manager.

essenbe, Dec 13, 2017
  6. mystiky Win User
    Thanks for the help. 1 problem is solved (how to have the Auto-Shut down) but I can't get the silly SmartShare to autoload with startup of Windows 10. I tried everything. I can see it in the Task Manager / Startup being listed, but it's not actually there. Only if I double click the actual file on the WIndows Desktop, does it fully load and the little icon displays at my bottom right.

Also, this puzzles me. Please see the photo. It's like it's there but never actually loaded. I have even clicked on to Run as Administrator. Still no help.

It does also show in the Startup folder.

Any other advice?

mystiky, Dec 14, 2017
  7. essenbe Win User
    Try deleting any shortcut on the Desktop and the Start folder you just put it in. Now right click it the all app list and select more> open file location. If that file says shortcut, do the same thing again until you get to the .exe file. Then right click that, sen a shortcut to the desktop and put it in the start menu folder like you did before. Maybe that will make a difference. You will have a direct shortcut to the exe instead of another shortcut. I hope I explained that OK. *Rolleyes

essenbe, Dec 14, 2017
  8. mystiky Win User

Essenbe: Looks like that did the trick BUT I now have the stupid UAC pop-up and I have to manually OKAY it. This is not the case when I double-click the program to start it (if I don't have it auto-load with Windows boot). Wondering if there is a way to fix that part of it. Aaaarrggg, but thanks for at least solving the other part in your excellent write-up just above.

mystiky, Dec 14, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 14, 2017
  10. mystiky Win User
    Thanks. I'll guess I will have to try that!

mystiky, Dec 14, 2017
  11. essenbe Win User
    @Brink saves the day....again. Thanks Shawn.

essenbe, Dec 14, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I hope it helps. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My LG Smartshare software doesn't let Windows 10 shutdown - Similar Threads - Smartshare software doesn't

2. Visual Studio app doesn't get resize with Lg split screen software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio app doesn't get resize with Lg split screen software: I have installed LG Split screen software and all other app resize automatically but Visual Studio app2019 doesn't gets resize automatically. Does any one has similar issue....
  3. Visual Studio app doesn't get resize with Lg split screen software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio app doesn't get resize with Lg split screen software: I have installed LG Split screen software and all other app resize automatically but Visual Studio app2019 doesn't gets resize automatically. Does any one has similar issue....
  4. Visual Studio app doesn't get resize with Lg split screen software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown or restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 doesn't shutdown or restart: Hi, I usually do hibernate my PC until I have recently noticed the problem that my PC is not shutting down or restarts, no matter whatever ways I tried. It goes to display like "Shutting Down"or "Restarting" and then it stalls. I have kept it for hours, but no change, which...
  6. LG SmartShare does not Autostart after 1903 October Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LG SmartShare does not Autostart after 1903 October Update: Hi I was wondering if someone can help. I have LG Smartshare on my PC that I sue to stream the content to my LG TV. After the September Update, the Smartshare does not Autostart and I have to manually start the programme everytime. I suppose after the update of KB4517389...
  7. my computer doesn't shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my computer doesn't shutdown: Hi, i have a problem with shutting down If i click on shutdown button in start, windows saying: shutting down. g.exe prevents shutdown i clicked shutdown again. I see black screen on monitor. After 1 minute computer is still on. And after 3 minutes pc himself turn on...
  8. 0x8007007A on install of lg smartshare

0x8007007A on install of lg smartshare: Hello. parrent bought a new tv. I wanted to show some 4k pictures i took using lgs smartshare software. Problem is that it won't install on my moms new Lenovo labtop. Everything goes well until, the ending configuration, and it pops up with the error 0x8007007A and aborts...
  9. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown

Windows 10 doesn't shutdown: Hello, Since Windows 10 my laptop (i5 2410, HD3000+7400M) doesn't shutdown: it goes blank and in the best case it restarts (sometimes 1 in 10, it stops correctly). It does this with a NEW Windows without any drivers from Internet or installed by myself. It is fine when...
  10. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 doesn't shutdown properly: Hey seems to be a common problem with Windows 10 but does anyone have any other ideas how i can close Windows 10 properly. I use shutdown but it shuts down and just stays on at the final stage. I've disabled fast start but it's still doing it. Any help will be greatly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 0x8007007a al instalar smartshare de lg

2. SmartShare install fehler 0x8007007A

3. Stop the LG SmartShare service to be launched at boot

4. LG SmartShare: Error 0x8007007A,
  5. lg software prevent shutdown windows 10,
  6. smartshare software wont shutdown,
  7. Smart Share wont allow pc shutdown,
  8. 0x8007007a lg,
  9. smartshare error 0x8007007a,
  10. error 0x8007007a instalación smartshare