Windows 10: My PC will not reboot after doing system recovery windows 10

Discus and support My PC will not reboot after doing system recovery windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been using Windows 10 on one of my computers for about 6 months. The other day windows did an update to this PC which was the one with our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dixie, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Dixie Win User

My PC will not reboot after doing system recovery windows 10

I have been using Windows 10 on one of my computers for about 6 months. The other day windows did an update to this PC which was the one with our printer on it. After the update the computers could not connect to the printer.
    4 computers total 2 with Windows 10 and 2 with Windows professional.
    After looking at the problem it was found the two on Windows Prof were showing everything was working fine (except the printer was not printing what was sent to) The PC with Windows 10 that had the update was printing and the other Windows 10 PC showed that the printer could not connect to the network.
    We were advised to do a System Recovery back to the day the update was done. We did this and now our computer won't completely boot up.
    What can I do?
    Linda

:)

Dixie, Sep 26, 2016

2. No operating system error after using recovery discs

Old title: No operating system after recovery discs

I used the recovery disc's to bring my computer back to window's 8.1 after upgrading to windows 10. In so doing, the computer has no operating system. I am unable to create a reboot disc or usb for windows 10, and unable to go back to windows 8.1 which came
    with my pc.

TonyBergman, Sep 26, 2016
  3. anil_b Win User
    windows upgrade to 10 failed in my pc

Hi All,

i saw a notification toward my Left corner at my PC saying fee upgrade to windows 10 a . i just clicked OK let's continue it took an hour and i was just watching it . i got message saying windows 10 upgraded successfully . just i login saw everything was
    great.

i just clicked on my company software to do some work on my PC it prompted me to update some signatures for the new version so i did , system requested me for reboot OK i did the reboot.

after reboot the system showing a black screen not able to login . i restarted my PC several times and i pressed shift and enter to go to recovery i find a recovery option so i did system repair . windows prompted me not able to repair my machine i am stuck
    can you please help me out.

Thank you

Anil

anil_b, Sep 26, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, you mention 'System Recovery' - what did you actually do? Use a restore point? Reset your system? Use a recovery image?

You say it won't completely boot up. How far does it get? Can you see a power button on the screen?

dalchina, Sep 27, 2016
  5. Bastet Win User
    Probably a bit late but the easiest thing you could've done was to run the wifi printer's set up again to renter the SSID & pass phrase which may have been deleted when you updated.
    I had to do this after I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10.

Bastet, Sep 27, 2016
  6. Dixie Win User
    I used a restore point. The Dell logo comes up and then the four windows and the thinking circle for about 4 seconds and then nothing.
    Windows 10 was not new it had been working on that PC for about 6 months.

Dixie, Sep 27, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Have you tried disconnecting any peripherals, especially wireless ones?

dalchina, Sep 27, 2016
  8. Dixie Win User

All that is connected to it right now are the keyboard, mouse and the router.

Dixie, Sep 27, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Try booting from win 10 bootable medium (DVD or flash drive) - to do that you'll almost certainly need to be able to get to your BIOS and change the boot order so your PC boots first from that if you've never done that.

If you don't have one, see
    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums
    - where you can create a bootable DVD or flash drive.

Using that, see if you can navigate thru the prompts and get to Safe Mode.
    Another possibility using that is to get to System Restore.

When you boot from this, select Repair My Computer
    You will go through a sequence like option 1 in the following:
    Safe Mode - Start Windows 10 in - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Sep 27, 2016
  10. Dixie Win User
    Thanks to anyone who tried to help. The problem is solved. I finally called a local computer tech and he came in and fixed it in under 5 minutes. He said WIndows 10 had a little trick to get you to the recovery disk. So it cost me $50.00 bucks.

Dixie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. My PC will not reboot after doing system recovery windows 10 - Similar Threads - reboot doing system

2. Windows 10 making my pc to reboot after shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 making my pc to reboot after shutdown: Hello, a brief introduction is necessary here.I'm a system/server engineer, web designer, tech admin and several other things. I built my own pc, wired my network and so on, I dare to say I'm not exactly the average user, so I beg you not to give me "restart everything" "you...
  3. Windows 10 making my pc to reboot after shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 making my pc to reboot after shutdown: Hello, a brief introduction is necessary here.I'm a system/server engineer, web designer, tech admin and several other things. I built my own pc, wired my network and so on, I dare to say I'm not exactly the average user, so I beg you not to give me "restart everything" "you...
  4. Windows 10 making my pc to reboot after shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 System will reboot after going to sleep.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 System will reboot after going to sleep.: I set my system to go to sleep and noticed it will randomly reboot after being in Sleep Mode.I checked the event viewer and I see the the following Event. I know my hardware is older and no longer supported for updates in BIOS or GPU just wasn't sure what to replace to fix...
  6. Windows 10 System will reboot after going to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 System will reboot after going to sleep.: I set my system to go to sleep and noticed it will randomly reboot after being in Sleep Mode.I checked the event viewer and I see the the following Event. I know my hardware is older and no longer supported for updates in BIOS or GPU just wasn't sure what to replace to fix...
  7. PC will not reboot after Windows 10 reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC will not reboot after Windows 10 reinstall: I decided to reinstall Windows 10 on my corrupted PC. It is the same version I installed last year that worked fine. The installation worked fine. I got through the basic information, created a user name and password. Windows did the final reboot and the PC screen stays...
  8. Upgrade to windows 10 after system recovery

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to windows 10 after system recovery: I wish to bring my PC back to factory spec using the USB system recovery from the Manufacturer. This will bring my version of Windows back to 8. I have already upgraded for free to 10 when the offer was available. Will windows update upgrade me to 10 for free again? Will it...
  9. Window 10 unactivated after reboot the system!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window 10 unactivated after reboot the system!: I'm currently using a Dell Inspiron 5567 which came with the original Window 10 (not sure if it was a Pro version)! I have customized my laptop by replace the disc reader into a SSD. Then I rebooted the whole system since I wanted to start over again. Everything worked...
  10. Windows System Assessment Tool ran after doing a reboot.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows System Assessment Tool ran after doing a reboot.: A few moments ago I had installed the new Nvidia GeForce GTX 980m update for Windows 10. After the installation, I rebooted my machine and after going to the desktop a Command Prompt came up with it being titled something like System32/Winsat.exe. A bunch of lines...