Windows 10: My school account (it's gmail..) is apparently my administrator microsoft account, I'm...

Discus and support My school account (it's gmail..) is apparently my administrator microsoft account, I'm... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I have an administrator account (an email) on my computer. I vaguely remember making it my administrator account, VAGUELY. its my school account,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ihavemigraine, Mar 27, 2019.

1. My school account (it's gmail..) is apparently my administrator microsoft account, I'm...

So I have an administrator account (an email) on my computer. I vaguely remember making it my administrator account, VAGUELY. its my school account, heres the funny part, my school uses GMAIL, but it says its a microsoft account (it's not, 100%). I tried the password for it anyway, which I know for certain because I can easily access my gmail right now. So I decided to play the game. Lets pretend that its a microsoft account as it says here My school account (it's gmail..) is apparently my administrator microsoft account, I'm... ed0db218-c78d-4fd4-a2f9-a93ea8479081?upload=true.png

My school account (it's gmail..) is apparently my administrator microsoft account, I'm... 88874ee4-a47d-482b-b4cf-292a9baa8a64?upload=true.png

I go to outlook/hotmail, type it in and try to reset the password

It gives me the options to reset using my phone, or my other email. So I tried both. I typed in the code it sent, and then it asked me to make a new password, which I tried...

My school account (it's gmail..) is apparently my administrator microsoft account, I'm... 25ead3ad-1cff-4899-a537-428d6fe9eb32?upload=true.png

I made sure that my school email was synced and signed into my computer. The password for that school account is not working. You're probably asking...how do you sign into your computer when you turn it on---to which I reply, I've always used the PIN I set up.

I want to assign a different email as my administrator email, how can I do that?

Also, currently I'm about to reinstall windows 10 from a usb I created in the media creation tool, because my computer is ****** for unrelated reasons. That's the whole reason I want to change my administrator account---its just in case I need the microsoft account info in order to reinstall windows for free. If I just go ahead and do that, will I have to provide my username and password associated with this "microsoft" administrator account? Windows issues are like snowflakes, they're all unique and there's a lot of them.

:)

Ihavemigraine, Mar 27, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown My school account (it's gmail..) is apparently my administrator microsoft account, I'm... :(

Zakin, Mar 27, 2019
  4. Munki Win User

My school account (it's gmail..) is apparently my administrator microsoft account, I'm...

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

My school account (it's gmail..) is apparently my administrator microsoft account, I'm...

1. My school account (it's gmail..) is apparently my administrator microsoft account, I'm... - Similar Threads - school account gmail

2. Unable to login my microsoft account in administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login my microsoft account in administrator account: I just flashed a new version of windows and first in first setup i logged in my microsoft account and a user based on my microsoft account was created but i wanted to use administrator account as main account so i activated administrator account and deleted the orignal...
  3. Unable to login my microsoft account in administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login my microsoft account in administrator account: I just flashed a new version of windows and first in first setup i logged in my microsoft account and a user based on my microsoft account was created but i wanted to use administrator account as main account so i activated administrator account and deleted the orignal...
  4. Unlnk my administrator account from my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlnk my administrator account from my microsoft account: Note:I do *NOT* want to delete my Administrator accountI do *NOT* want to delete any user accountI do *NOT* want to disable my Administrator accountI do *NOT* want to change the password for my Administrator accountYesterday I had to sign in to my Microsoft account to access...
  5. Unlnk my administrator account from my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unlnk my administrator account from my microsoft account: Note:I do *NOT* want to delete my Administrator accountI do *NOT* want to delete any user accountI do *NOT* want to disable my Administrator accountI do *NOT* want to change the password for my Administrator accountYesterday I had to sign in to my Microsoft account to access...
  6. Unlnk my administrator account from my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I'm no longer administrator of my account?

I'm no longer administrator of my account?: When i go to my Microsoft account on settings , right under it says 'local account' . then when i go to my sync settings it says that I'm not administrator of my own account?. This is really frustrating because when i customize my wallpaper/theme every time I close it , it...
  8. How to change my school account to a Microsoft account?

How to change my school account to a Microsoft account?: Hello all, When I built my computer and started up my Windows 10 a couple of years ago, I was asked to sign in with a Microsoft or School account. I decided to sign in with my School account. I have now graduated and I have concerns that the email address I used would be...
  9. Trouble adding my school account to microsoft

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble adding my school account to microsoft: Hello, I keep getting this error message when I try to sign in to windows with my school account. I have microsoft office through my school, but it won't let me login with my school account and keeps spitting out this error message: [ATTACH]...
  10. Microsoft and gmail accounts

Microsoft and gmail accounts: Microsoft keeps asking me to update Gmail accounts I do not have. It is somehow related to Outlook but not my outlook 2003 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-and-gmail-accounts/bcf0e07d-afe5-4842-8732-bf851b08bf18