Windows 10: Never Ending Prompting for MS-Account Credentials

Discus and support Never Ending Prompting for MS-Account Credentials in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am using WIn10 Pro 1809 and Office 365 with Documents on OneDrive. I login to Windows with my MS-Account and a Pin. Starting some two month... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Oblomow58, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Oblomow58 Win User

Never Ending Prompting for MS-Account Credentials

Hi,

I am using WIn10 Pro 1809 and Office 365 with Documents on OneDrive.

I login to Windows with my MS-Account and a Pin.

Starting some two month ago (March updates) I got multiple prompts for my WIndows credentials:

Often (once a day I receive):

Never Ending Prompting for MS-Account Credentials [​IMG]

Every time I start MS-Outlook after a system restart, it prompts me for the MS-Account credentials of that account I already logged in.
    (No prompt for Gmail account and seconday MS-Account cred)

Craziest behaviour is when I open my favourite MS-Excel workbook, pinned to the Excel icon in taskbar:

The document is stored in Onedrive of the Account used to login to Windows. That account occurs on the menu bar on right top of the Excel screen.
    When I try to save the document it prompts me for the full account credentials: MS-Account name, than it finds out that there is a pin and asked for it.
    That procedure repeats every day.

Definitively that is not what I understand with Single Sign on.

Does anyone in the forum has an explanation on this? The enhanced security was introduced by one Windows upgrades in the last months

Thanks for any feedback, help, advise

:)

Oblomow58, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Rose W Win User

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

The 'recent credentials sign in' message popped up in my laptop action centre.
    Nothing had been changed.
    So I signed into my Ms Account to the credential section.
    The email address in the drop down list was not current. The address was changed Jan 2015 and gmail has been in use on the laptop since that date. So my choice was to click on 'nothing applies' and do the next steps.
    The sign in required an alternate email address. Fortunately I have one handy. This security routine has a 30 day wait period.
    Now I have found the tutorial 37536 illustrating deleting extra accounts but I don't think I can do this because the security section is not available for 30 days. I had no idea this control panel item was available but only the tutorial informed what could be done with this data.
    It is amazing that 1.5 yr has gone by and the old email is still in there as a credential. I suppose after 30 days I can delete the hurontel address. I found it odd that the old email address was on the drop down list for a contact. Its a dead end address.
    Now that I have made the credential 'visit' can I assume the hurontel address is gone from MS records and I can delete it in the control panel credential section and not have to sign back into the MSAccount credential section because the correct address is listed?

Rose W, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Never Ending Prompting for MS-Account Credentials - Similar Threads - Never Ending Prompting

2. Never setup Network Credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never setup Network Credentials: I have never setup anything to do with network credentials but my windows program keeps asking me for it. And I cannot use my software downloaded because of this....
  3. Never setup Network Credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Never setup Network Credentials: I have never setup anything to do with network credentials but my windows program keeps asking me for it. And I cannot use my software downloaded because of this....
  4. Never ending queries on dwm.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Never ending queries on dwm.exe: I came up with something new related to dwm.exe process in my laptop. First of all I am actually fed up of asking questions about dwm and others may be fed up of answering those questions, but I amn't getting any solution to it.My laptop is surely capable of running Windows...
  5. Never Ending Loop :/

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Never Ending Loop :/: I'm now in a never-ending loop of blue screen with CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and then going to automatic repair trying startup repair unable to do it and then trying resetting the pc unable to do it tried every option available and unable to work. including Going into safe mode...
  6. Never ending BSoDs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Never ending BSoDs: Hi guys, so yesterday morning I went to work on my Surface Pro 3 and I found it dead. No big deal, this happens a lot so I plugged it back in and let it charge up and turn on. When I turned it back on it started to update. I believe the update finished because my lock screen...
  7. Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop: Hello, What is the difference between Prompt for Credentials and ? In both, I have the same thing. 1. Prompt for Credential [ATTACH] 2. Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop [ATTACH]...
  8. Using Admin Account with UAC Prompting for Credentials?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using Admin Account with UAC Prompting for Credentials?: I just installed Windows 10 and my local user account is a Local Admin Account. However, under Local Security Policy settings, I set the UAC Prompt to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop (for Admin accounts). Can I also use this account to browse the web, check...
  9. Never Ending Prompting for MS-Account Credentials

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Never Ending Prompting for MS-Account Credentials: Hi, I am using WIn10 Pro 1809 and Office 365 with Documents on OneDrive. I login to Windows with my MS-Account and a Pin. Starting some two month ago (March updates) I got multiple prompts for my WIndows credentials: Often (once a day I receive): [img] [img] Every...
  10. Outlook 2013 repeatedly prompts for email account credentials

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2013 repeatedly prompts for email account credentials: I use Outlook 2013 for four different email accounts - two hotmail. com accounts, one outlook.com account, and one sbcglobal.net POP account provided by AT&T via Yahoo. Beginning a week or so ago, I've started getting password prompts throughout the day for the...