Windows 10: never let anyone my account details without confirming the account details

Discus and support never let anyone my account details without confirming the account details in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; keep my account safe and secured... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NicohZA, Dec 27, 2019.

1. NicohZA Win User

never let anyone my account details without confirming the account details

keep my account safe and secured

:)

NicohZA, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. user account details incorrect

Hi Brent,

Changing over your primary email address as the display email would depend on where you are trying to change it into. To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Where are you trying to change your primary email address? Is it on the actual account on Microsoft sites or the user accounts on your PC?
    • How did you update your information?

While waiting for further details, we suggest checking this support article as a guide on changing the email for your Microsoft account:
    Change the email for your Microsoft account.

Don’t hesitate to get back to us if you have any updates.

Arthur Rui, Dec 27, 2019
  4. darylt Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately its not quite as easy as that...

I have changed my account to a local one

I then have tried changing it using her details as a microsoft account, the details go in with no problem, I add my old password as requested and the screen goes back to the account admin page.

The option to login as a microsoft account is still there and it still shows my details (name and profile photo). I have tried logging out and back in, but when logging in I only have the option to log back in as my local account.

darylt, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

1. never let anyone my account details without confirming the account details - Similar Threads - never let anyone

2. Can the administrator log in to my account without my login details?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can the administrator log in to my account without my login details?: I think the IT administrator at my place of work accessed my password protected account and went through my personal things. Is it possible for him to log into my account if he doesn't have my login details?...
  3. Can the administrator log in to my account without my login details?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can the administrator log in to my account without my login details?: I think the IT administrator at my place of work accessed my password protected account and went through my personal things. Is it possible for him to log into my account if he doesn't have my login details?...
  4. Account details have switched

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account details have switched: Ok so my son was using my email address for his xbox, we recently changed this to his own email address the fall out of this though is that my laptop profile has gone from my account to my sons name, email and worst of all his screen time limits. I use this as my work laptop...
  5. Account details have switched

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account details have switched: Ok so my son was using my email address for his xbox, we recently changed this to his own email address the fall out of this though is that my laptop profile has gone from my account to my sons name, email and worst of all his screen time limits. I use this as my work laptop...
  6. Wrong account details

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wrong account details: My account on my windows 10 laptop is still linked somehow to my old email address.When ever i need to access the store it asks for the password to the old account, even though my account details are all update.If i choose the option for forgotten password it wants to send...
  7. never let anyone my account details without confirming the account details

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    never let anyone my account details without confirming the account details: keep my account safe and secured https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/never-let-anyone-my-account-details-without/a922062f-3cd1-41aa-aa72-86713c4c543e"
  8. Microsoft account details

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account details: Hello. recently I had some problems with viruses on my computer so I decided to have it cleaned. I had also asked them to put another separate profile on the desktop to manage the re occurrence of anything dodgy. unfortunately I signed into this other account with my...
  9. T-Mobile bug let anyone see any customer's account details

in Windows 10 News
    T-Mobile bug let anyone see any customer's account details: A bug in T-Mobile's website let anyone access the personal account details of any customer with just their cell phone number. The flaw, since fixed, could have been exploited by anyone who knew where to look -- a little-known T-Mobile subdomain that staff use as a customer...
  10. Changing account details

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing account details: Hi, any help/advise really appreciated… My wife and son were borrowing/using my desktop (which had just got an account like “my account” and password). For some reason they had to change the user account and password, and they used my wife account name. So, can I now change...