Windows 10: New Windows 10 Start Menu (Tablet Mode)

Discus and support New Windows 10 Start Menu (Tablet Mode) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have found, probably after a new windows update, a new start menu layout (attached) [img] In order to restore the old one i replaced the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by epulone, Jun 24, 2017.

1. epulone Win User

New Windows 10 Start Menu (Tablet Mode)

I have found, probably after a new windows update, a new start menu layout (attached)

New Windows 10 Start Menu (Tablet Mode) [​IMG]

In order to restore the old one i replaced the "database" folder ( in: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer) but it didn't work properly. For a fast solution I tried to delete the user folder and create a new one. In that way it worked but appeared an error (below) that doesn't want to stop every time the user is loading.

New Windows 10 Start Menu (Tablet Mode) [​IMG]

I was wondering: is there an easy way to restore the previous layout? About the error: "we can't sign into your account windows 10..." what could be the solution?

Thanks

:)

epulone, Jun 24, 2017

2. Windows 10 refuses to exit tablet mode

Windows has inexplicably started operating only in tablet mode on a new Dell XPS desktop PC. I have turned off tablet mode, changed the notifications so that the PC should not even ask to change to tablet mode and rebooted multiple times. While in this
    aberrant tablet mode, in the upper left hand corner of the screen there are 3 choices: Start, Pinned tiles and all apps. The Start menu choice is grayed while the other two choices function. The Start menu in the lower left hand corner does not bring up
    the standard Windows 10 live tiles. I am at a loss as to how to proceed.

stephenbwilliams, Jun 24, 2017
  3. ollydkn95 Win User
    HELP: Windows 10 start menu not showing, still windows 8.1 start menu

Don't have the computer to hand as it is my Grandparents, however on my laptop when I switch to tablet mode that menu displayed is not the same one displayed on their computer so I suspect that is not the issue. The menu displayed is very similar to that
    in windows 7 actually, not windows 8, and when right clicking, the bottom option in the list is exit, when I click that and press the start button again the Windows 10 start menu comes up, however when the computer is restarted or turned off, the windows 10
    menu doesn't appear and it is the same menu as before.

EDIT: I'm talking about the actual menu, not when right clicking the start button

ollydkn95, Jun 24, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

You have probably borked your user profile beyond repair. I would create a new user account, make sure to change the account type to administrator:
    Add User Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials
    Change Account Type in Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

To enable or disable tablet mode:
    Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

To change the start menu type in table mode, click on the icons in the upper left corner of the start screen.

NavyLCDR, Jun 24, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Why on earth would you have tried that? Your screenshot is how the Start menu's 'All apps' is supposed to look in Tablet mode. Turning off Tablet mode would have been the correct 'cure', as per the tutorial NavyLCDR linked to.

Your remedy now is probably limited to making a new unmolested account as per NavyLCDR's other links.

6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Have you purchased a toaster lately and read all of the warnings at the beginning of the manual and asked yourself, "Why on earth would anyone do that?" *sarc

My personal favorite is the icon of a necktie with the circle and slash through it that they put on paper shredders. What if I really have an old necktie that I want to get rid of by shredding it?

NavyLCDR, Jun 24, 2017
  7. epulone Win User
    What can i say .....after the first solution found in internet ( moves the folder ) hard-pressed to solve a soon as possible I did the disaster... unfortunately I have realised later it was just in tablet mode ( too late ).
    About the user account the pc is in a domain; the user is not a local/machine account. How can I proceed?

Thank you very much

epulone, Jun 24, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

You will have to have the domain administrator recreate your user profile for you. They should also have policies in effect to prevent you from accomplishing what you did accomplish. Those types of user profile files should be locked down so only domain administrators can mess with them.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New Windows 10 Start Menu (Tablet Mode) - Similar Threads - Start Menu Tablet

2. W10 Tablet Mode: Start menu pops up KKA-2308

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Tablet Mode: Start menu pops up KKA-2308: Hi there, i have a Win 10 Tablet PC with active "Tablet Mode". We activated the tablet mode because we want the on screen keyboard to pop up when someone clicks into a text field in a web application. But once the tablet mode is active we have the following behaviour:...
  3. New update is awesome! ...except on Start in Tablet Mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New update is awesome! ...except on Start in Tablet Mode.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wakellor957 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jfzj21/new_update_is_awesome_except_on_start_in_tablet/
  4. Windows 10 Tablet Mode

Windows 10 Tablet Mode: Hello All. I would like to talk about Microsoft’s direction for Tablet Mode for tablets and 2in1’s. I am still using an Alcatel Idol 4s with Windows 10 mobile as a pocket computer. Windows 10 mobile, IMHO, is probably the finest mobile OS that has ever been develped for those...
  5. Win10 opens in Tablet Mode instead of Desktop Mode with Win10 Start Menu

Win10 opens in Tablet Mode instead of Desktop Mode with Win10 Start Menu: Win10 opens up apparently in "Tablet Mode" - but making the Settings changes in Tablet Mode do not help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-opens-in-tablet-mode-instead-of-desktop-mode/f2edf2c0-4cf1-4f9a-9988-b7bd67475aea
  6. Windows 10 tablet mode forcefully starts menu after login

Windows 10 tablet mode forcefully starts menu after login: While trying to set a default start app on windows 10 after login in tablet mode, I am facing a trouble, that it displays the start menu screen in full size launching my default app in background every time. I want the windows start my app directly in foreground in tablet...
  7. start up in tablet mode in windows 10

start up in tablet mode in windows 10: I have the same problem that as quite a few others have experienced it seems . When the HP pavilion x360 goes to sleep it wakes up and the touch pad does not work, I had it to micro center and they could not figure it out they just figured it was a glitch that somehow...
  8. Start screen option in tablet mode

Start screen option in tablet mode: Is it possible to have the apps pane (burger menu top left corner) remain open when viewing the start screen I find this screen extremely dull compared to 8.1, I think the lack of colour has a big impact. 27494
  9. Disable start menu in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable start menu in tablet mode: I really wanna use tablet mode for my HTPC. The onscreen keyboard is perfect for my purposes. The only problem is that the start menu will pop up over certain applications at times. Is there any way to disable it altogether or default to the desktop when no apps are open?...
  10. Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style: When I open my start menu, it opens on tablet mode. My tablet mode is turned off. Help me please. What is happening: Screenshot 21323