Windows 10: Newest update? Cannot update over 10586.494.

Discus and support Newest update? Cannot update over 10586.494. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I belong to Insider Preview RS_PRERELEASE (but tried rs1_release) and Windows Update says that 10586.494 is the latest update possible... However it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ch3mn3y, Jul 31, 2016.

1. ch3mn3y Win User

Newest update? Cannot update over 10586.494.

I belong to Insider Preview RS_PRERELEASE (but tried rs1_release) and Windows Update says that 10586.494 is the latest update possible...
    However it's Threshold so there should be Redstone updates available?

I don't know what should I change next...
    I moved Slider for Fast Updates, but it doesn't change...

:)

ch3mn3y, Jul 31, 2016
  2. JBHebbel Win User

Can't receive Windows 10 Anniversary Update version 1607

Aug 6th, still cannot find the update when manually looking.... Stuck on 1511 build 10586.494

JBHebbel, Jul 31, 2016
  3. guniu Win User
    Jump Lists not working in Windows 10

Yes, in the System, Information panel it says Version 1511 and lower build number 10586.494, which according to this site: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history it's the newest build.

I think I need someone that knows where else system can store this information, because it can't be rebuilding this list from nothing.

guniu, Jul 31, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

From what I hear, Pre-Release is not yet pushing anything. Also, when you move the slider, it can take up to 24 hours for the change to take effect.

Mystere, Jul 31, 2016
  5. ch3mn3y Win User
    Nothing...

Anything I can try to make it works?

ch3mn3y, Aug 2, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    NavyLCDR, Aug 2, 2016
  7. ch3mn3y Win User
    Thanks. It found available update.

Small question - how much space is needed for updater files?
    Updater says I have not enough, but I have 16,7 GB free (of 28,5) on C, and 54,9 GB (og 59,4) on SD card...

ch3mn3y, Aug 2, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

I would manually download the ISO file and put it on the SD Card:
    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Then mount the ISO file and run setup.exe from that to do the upgrade. This also gives you the added benefit of being able to make a USB flash drive of Windows 10 that you can do a re-install of Windows 10 with and some system restoration functions as well.

If you have a hidden folder called something like Windows ~BT on your C:\ drive (it's hidden so you have to enable viewing hidden files/folders), and if the Anniversary Update has already downloaded, in the Sources folder of Windows ~BT will be a file called install.esd. You can use ESD to ISO to create an ISO file so you don't have to download a new one:
    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums

When I upgrade my 32GB eMMC devices, I use an ISO file stored on the SD card, and before I upgrade I run disc cleanup using option 2 here, and select every option to delete:
    Disk Cleanup - Open and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, Aug 2, 2016
  9. ch3mn3y Win User
    This way it worked.

At the beggining I wasn't sure if everything was OK, coz of the changes to UI *Smile

Thanks.

ch3mn3y, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Newest update? Cannot update over 10586.494. - Similar Threads - Newest update Cannot

2. Newest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newest Windows Update: So I get the notification when i go to shut my desktop down a few nights back, so i do it. It goes through the normal process, but the update gets stuck at 42 percent for 5 minutes, then my computer says it can't complete the update, reverts the changes, and shuts down. Is...
  3. Newest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Newest update: My husband did his updates today and when requested restarted. The friggin thing deleted EVERYTHING on his computer WHAT THE LITERAL HELL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/newest-update/606b5cca-4a12-46bd-b3b8-769f279de559
  4. Newest Microsoft Update

Newest Microsoft Update: Yesterday at noon my system wanted me to restart my computer to install an update, so I did. An hour later I walk into my room to discover my computer isn’t turned on anymore, I thought this want strange as I didn’t shut it down, but to my suprise, when I turned it back on,...
  5. Newest Update

Newest Update: I have a Gateway desktop computer, 64 bit operating system. It currently has Windows 10 Home, v 1803, and I have been trying to update to the newest version. I have tried multiple times. It will start updating but then it freezes; I'll do a hard shut off, and then when I...
  6. Newest update?

Newest update?: I tried updating windows and it updated the first part but it failed to update the rest so how do I update it fully bc it failed to update the most current windows 10 update? 138158
  7. Newest update

Newest update: My win 10 ver, is 1809 and I get a Event ID 20. Says can't install because of a driver. It does not tell me what driver and I can not find it in any log of the error. Can someone plese help me with this? Thanks...
  8. 1511 10586 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1511 10586 update: Hi all, I have a Samsung Laptop which has Windows 7 Home edition on it. I have upgraded it to the Windows 10 Home and all is fine. Windows now informs me that an upgrade version 1511, 10586 is ready to update so I clicked check for udates and it says click to download,...
  9. Update to Build 10586

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update to Build 10586: I currently have Windows 10 (Build 10240). For some reason when I attempt to update my system it says that no updates are available. Does anyone know why I can't update to Build 10586? The latest Windows Defender updates install, but not the latest build. 43204
  10. Newest Win10 update (10586 I think). Folder titlebar text issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Newest Win10 update (10586 I think). Folder titlebar text issues.: So I have a partial aerolight/default win10 theme going on, and I am having a problem, while everything works, my selected folder titlebar font looks like this, Nothing I do seems to change it. It all started because of win10 including the option to change titlebar color in...