Windows 10: No application sound on lock screen after wakeup since v1809 update?

Discus and support No application sound on lock screen after wakeup since v1809 update? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am using Windows10 x64 on a rather old ASUS G73jh laptop. Since the October 2018 (v1809) update, application sounds don't play on the lock screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dean999, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Dean999 Win User

No application sound on lock screen after wakeup since v1809 update?

I am using Windows10 x64 on a rather old ASUS G73jh laptop.

Since the October 2018 (v1809) update, application sounds don't play on the lock screen after the computer wakes from sleep, UNTIL I SIGN IN.

Specifically, only application sound doesn't play (e.g. playing music through a media player). The "Windows Alarms" app will still ring, and if I turn on "Narrator" through the ease-of access icon in the lower right, that starts speaking to me... so it definitely isn't a sound driver issue.

The problem is that I use my computer as an alarm clock: I use Task Scheduler to run my music-player (WinAMP in this case) at a given time, with the "Wake the computer to run this task" option checked. Since v1809 was installed, WinAMP still does actually run at the specified time, but nothing can be heard until I sign in, making it useless as an alarm clock - unless I just leave the computer running and don't put it to sleep... but its noisy fan keeps me awake in that case (not to mention, it's a waste of power).

Note that if I simply lock the computer (CTRL-ALT_DEL -> lock), without sleeping it, this doesn't happen: Sound continues playing uninterrupted on the lock screen in that case.

It looks to me like it might be an explicit "feature" implemented in v1809, rather than an accidental bug. Is anyone else experiencing this, or does anyone have information on it? And is there a workaround, or a registry setting, to revert to previous behavior (that being, application audio plays normally as soon as the computer wakes up)?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

:)

Dean999, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Getting rid of Lock Screen?

No need to mess with the registry yourself. No application sound on lock screen after wakeup since v1809 update? :)

You can use the .reg from from step 4 in Option 5 of the tutorial below to disable require sign-in on wakeup.

Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10 Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

You can use the .reg from from step 3 in Option 2 of the tutorial below to disable the lock screen.

Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Brink, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Lumia 532 slow to wakeup

Hi...

my Microsoft lumia 532 takes a 3-5 seconds to wakeup after i double tap the screen or after i press the power button... It happened after i updated my phone... I'm using photo lock(not live lock) Any suggestions...???

NIPUNUDARAKA, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Roan T Win User

Lock screen times out too soon

Hi,

To assist you, can you tell us the steps on how do you change the lock screen time of your PC?

By the way, if you wish to
    remove the password protection of your computer, you need to change the Power options setting
    to disable the auto-locking of the screen. Let’s try the following steps and check:

• Type
      Power from the Search box and select
      Power Options.

• SelectRequire a
      password on wakeupfrom the left side options.

• Under
      Password protection on wakeup, select Don't require a password.

• Click
      Save changes.

Regards.

Roan T, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

1. No application sound on lock screen after wakeup since v1809 update? - Similar Threads - application sound lock

2. Screen goes black after wakeup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after wakeup: SCreen goes black when i was to wake the laptop after a sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-black-after-wakeup/cbad25ba-fc51-477b-b28d-80dc17941add
  3. Screen goes black after wakeup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black after wakeup: SCreen goes black when i was to wake the laptop after a sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-black-after-wakeup/cbad25ba-fc51-477b-b28d-80dc17941add
  4. Screen goes black after wakeup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSOD - unexpected_store_exception after sleep wakeup or hybernate wakeup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - unexpected_store_exception after sleep wakeup or hybernate wakeup: I build new PC, and since beginning I'm getting randomly BSOD, when I wake up PC from sleep or hybernation. I run the chkdsk and also memtest, they both passed. Thx for help. The BSOD says: unexpected_store_exception the minidump is debugged below. Microsoft R Windows...
  6. how do I disable the "login after wakeup" but still have the lock screen showing after wakeup?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do I disable the "login after wakeup" but still have the lock screen showing after wakeup?: I have both a desktop computer and a tablet computer running Windows 10. The tablet wakes from sleep with the lock screen showing, Good, because it shows my calendar on that screen. When I clear it the tablet goes right into Windows without any annoying, unnecessary logins....
  7. No sound afer lock screen since update v1809

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No sound afer lock screen since update v1809: I recently updated my computer and faced the same issue as @Dean999 I'm using the task schedule to wake my computer up and play radio via internet using edge. Before update v1809 I could play the sound behind the lock screen. Now I need to first login, and only after the...
  8. Black screen after wakeup

Black screen after wakeup: When I wake up the computer, the screen shows the log in screen for a second and then it turns black. I turn the screen off and then back on, and I the screen turns on for an instant and then it goes black again. I have to do this four times before the screen stays on. I...
  9. no sound since update

no sound since update: I just had a windows 10 update and now I have no sound . please help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-since-update/4ee37776-dc86-4597-9987-505b954be8b7
  10. No application sound on lock screen after wakeup since v1809 update?

in Windows 10 Support
    No application sound on lock screen after wakeup since v1809 update?: I am using Windows10 x64 on a rather old ASUS G73jh laptop. Since the October 2018 (v1809) update, application sounds don't play on the lock screen after the computer wakes from sleep, UNTIL I SIGN IN. Specifically, only application sound doesn't play (e.g. playing music...