Windows 10: No sound on PC when steaming a game with XBOX App

Discus and support No sound on PC when steaming a game with XBOX App in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I connect to my XBOX ONE via the XBOX APP on my Windows 10 PC I don't get any of the XBOX sounds, just the video. Same thing if I stream a game, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by alphanumeric, May 6, 2016.

1. No sound on PC when steaming a game with XBOX App

When I connect to my XBOX ONE via the XBOX APP on my Windows 10 PC I don't get any of the XBOX sounds, just the video. Same thing if I stream a game, I can hear the game sounds coming from the TV connected to my XBOX but nothing on my PC? Same deal with the menu sounds etc, they come out of the TV speakers but no to my PC? Anybody know what I have to change settings wise to make it happen?

:)

alphanumeric, May 6, 2016
  2. HalianCh Win User

Unable to record game.

Hi, I managed to solve this problem today. The recorder mysteriously stopped functioning yesterday when I was trying to do it in MechWarrior Online (a steam game)

I noticed that in the xbox app in my win10, MechWarrior Online was not listed as a game in my PC. So I could not add it.

First, I followed the instructions in to create a start menu shortcut to the game that was affected. I was hoping it would turn up in the list of games to add in the Xbox app, but this still didn't work.

I noticed that Steam was listed as a game that I can add to the Xbox app. So I added it. The next time I booted up MechWarrior, the recorder works again.

I'm not exactly sure which point the problem was solved, but if the game you're trying to record is a steam game, give this a try.

HalianCh, May 6, 2016
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    GFWL Marketplace Issue

Download the GFWL client from the the xbox website if it is not installed on the pc.

Note; this will only work for GFWL titles, not win10 games.

But the xbox on win10 app as well as any games played will show as achievements.

Some games that were moved to steam works will not show any further GFWL

achievements, but will show in the xbox app.

Most steam games that use GFWL will have outdated versions and will not work.

To test it, launch GFWL from the folder after install, make sure you use the game tag, password

and email for xbox-GFWL unless they are the same.

kjl1956, May 6, 2016
  4. No sound on PC when steaming a game with XBOX App

I got it working, sort of? I went into the settings for audio and changed it to Bitstream out. That got me sound on my PC but not on the TV. Changed it back to Stereo uncompressed and then both were working? I can now set it to anything and it works. Only thing is, its very low on my PC. I have to turn the volume way up on my speakers to hear it. That makes any PC sounds very loud. It's not ideal but its usable.

alphanumeric, May 6, 2016
Thema:

No sound on PC when steaming a game with XBOX App

1. No sound on PC when steaming a game with XBOX App - Similar Threads - sound steaming game

2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when downloading a game in Steam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD when downloading a game in Steam: I recently got myself a new PC, i installed Windows 10 Education with a bootable USB-Stick and downloaded and installed all the drivers. I can browse the Internet for hours and hours and nothing bad ever happens, but whenever I start a download in Steam my PC crashes and I...
  3. DPC_Watchdog_violation when launching games/steam client

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC_Watchdog_violation when launching games/steam client: hi, since upgrading my cpu from amd ryzen 5 1600 to 3600, there has been DPC_watchdog_violation BSODs when launching games and sometimes the Steam client software. i found a workaround to just disconnect my external usb soundcard ( Nuforce uDAC 3),and use the onboard...
  4. Xbox PC Sound

Xbox PC Sound: So I bought a Turtle Beach Recon 600 along with the PC adapter which allows to use the headset in bluetooth. Everything works great other than when I use it on the PC it only has one sound volume. The Master Volume doesn't effect the headset at all as I can have it at 0%...
  5. Games Not Launching on Xbox (Beta) app for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Not Launching on Xbox (Beta) app for PC: Hey guys, After i finish downloading games, such as Astroneer and Wargroove on the Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10 i am unable to launch these games. Once i press the PLAY button for any of these games nothing happens, however Sea of Thieves does in fact work. Please Help...
  6. Xbox Game Pass for PC app and Killer Instinct

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass for PC app and Killer Instinct: Today I signed up for the new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Upon installing the Xbox Game Pass for PC app on my system, I was pleased to discover that it automatically found 3 of the 4 Microsoft games that I purchased from the MS Store and currently have installed: ReCore, State...
  7. No sound in Xbox App

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound in Xbox App: The Xbox App is muted on my computer running Windows 10. To turn on the sound I have to go to "Windows, Sound Settings, App volume and preferences". Please recommend the fix to make the app not muted by default?...
  8. Sound Init Fail- Steam Games

Sound Init Fail- Steam Games: I find that it's impossible to play steam games that rely on files from directx 9.0 Is there away to get those files into directx 12.0, or a way to play my games? My computer is using windows 10, store bought and came with the software. If you can help I would appreciate...
  9. Steam games not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games not launching: I decided to come back to civ 5, and when I press play, all that happens is a small box saying "checking for updates" comes up for a brief moment, followed by another box saying "Searching for steam game updates" again for a brief moment. Nothing happens after. This also...
  10. BSOD when downloading games on steam

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when downloading games on steam: I just got a new computer built and got a new monitor along with it but a problem has arose. I can use the computer but when something that required a lot of RAM or just a lot of priority to open for example "Steam" the software in which you can download games and such...